some products for acne

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried bha's, only aha's so cant really comment on behalf of that kind of product.

But one thing i'd suggest is, if you do have sensitive skin then i'd start off with a 5% peel and then if you've been fine using that without any complications then you can move to the 10% peels.

It's about starting off slowly to see how your skin reacts, in my case i have fairly sensitive skin to a certain level but i wouldn't say it totally reacts to things, just gets a tiny bit stingy with certain products from time to time. Although, when i started using the AHA peels for the first time i was determined to see if it helped my acne and therefore started straight with the 10% (little naughty jumping right in there but i think i know my skin quite well in terms of knowning whether it will like it or not), which actually turned out to be fine with no reaction or problems.

Another brand which i'll probably try next for an AHA peel is one called Paulas Choice, which is what is quite highly rated here in the UK. (I had already bought another brand before i noticed this brand was ment to be good. Late research)... 

Also just to mention about exfoliators, although i know you say they irritate your acne.. you could try one's with certain things in them (the bits that actually do the scrubbing), so for instance you can get one's with rubber beads in that are from natural sources so are more gentle on the skin, pretty sure the one i'm thinking of is from Clarins.

P.s sorry for the long message, once i get started on these subjects i'm off! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello pinkglamour. Oh no dont bother for the long posts.its fine for me.

The bha is more suitable for acne. Why did u try ahas first...?

I havent tried both and i dont have an opinion.

I want something light of course to see how my skin is reacting.

The thing is that i need a mask or a lotion to be more gentle and not stay on the skin for a long time because im afraid of irritation.

For example i cant have a bha cream overnight and be cool the other morning. I dont want ro be surprised by bad results.

I want a mask which i can apply and leave from 5 to 10 minutes max and ontrol the damage on my skin.

Yes im very sensitive.

I dont specifically need a treatment as I see on the internet,like little harsh bottles which are frosting the skin and have an awful result.

I can have for example something to use instead of regular scrubbing BECAUSE EVERY SINGLE scrub that i have used with particleas breaks me out. I have tried natural with cucumber and aloe vera or big particles with olive seeds and such.

The big particles ELONGATED MY PORES.LARGENED. sorry for my english..,you are english. :/

So i dont trust scrubs. When i do it my skin gets worse ..even more pimples than before.

So...a mask or a lotion with little percent it would be nice.

Just to see a better skin texture...improve my pores and redness.also my redness from old spots.

Lately i have little tiny marks maybe from a cream thats too hydrating for me and maybe clogged my pores.

I want a clear skin. Normal and unclogged.

20160714_211226.jpg20160714_211308.jpg

I just bought these.

The market was disappointing.

The girls at sephora didnt even have a clue about bha.

They told i should take the pills.

I searched for clarins also..didnt find anything but products for wrinkles.

My world is now collapsed.

Yeah them Clinque one's look fit for purpose, there the anti blemish ones also which should really help.

Whats the other sachets, facemasks from what i can kinda see? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You'll have to give us an update and let us know how you get on with it all once youve been using it for a while!

I bought these two by clinique as they didnt have anything other proper.

The othe range with the coloured bottles was not suitable for my skin,the lady said.

She said the antiblemiah range ia for me and i bought it. I looked for clarins also but they didnt have anything.

They werent so helpful at the store :/

Anyway,i hope these 2 products will help me. I didnt buy the cleanser because i found this wasnt necessary. Maybe ive done wrong who knows.

Maybe this is crap as the laroche posay effaclar ai targeted which fucked up my skin.

All those freaking money for nothing.

I hated la roche posay after that.

Huge breakout.oh my god. I will go to see a doctor tomorrow. Its pretty bad.

A new doctor my mum knows.

Hope everythings gonna be fine soon with my fucked up skin.

Im not going to give up exercise (freeletics) i want to lose weight and i almost have started. I wash my face after exercise.

Oh my god.

Oh nothing.the little sachets its for pleasure. Nothing targeted for acne.

Have tried the propolis before its my hero.

The orange i have never tried.

The one from vichy is new here and it has aha inside.

I saw it from a friend and i wanted to try (days ago)

Im not feeling okay by the way.

I had sone spots that i wanted to fight but afte i bought this fucking la roche posay my acne get worse.

I dont know the reason WHY

it supposed to be for fucking sensitive skin.

I feel like it clogged my pores and i have a lot of huge bumps theyre about to explode and tgey hurt.

I never experienced it before.

I bought it no long ago.maybe 8 days or sth. I hate it.

I read comments and someone said at first it gives u sone breakouts but then u see a major difference as far as pimples and skin quality.

I refyse to continue using it.

Wasted money and i dont have any close friend or relative with acne problems.

W a s t e o f m o n e y.

It was on discount ok i paid 8 euros fror this crap 15ml la roche and ok....i wish i had bought a few of these sachets which i know give good results to my skin (propolis).

So sorry you are having to go through all that @makeupilove. The problem with breakouts is that one product can make things worse and then it will take some time for your skin to heal. Just stay patient. If a product is giving you breakouts, I would stop using it. What moisturizer are you using? It's important to moisturize your skin even if you get breakouts. Over drying the skin can lead to more breakouts. The clinique products hopefully will help you in the meantime. You want to use a moisturizer with them though because the cleanser and the toner can be drying because they are clearing your pores.

I dony even use now.

The clinique is a moisturizer or not?

Its the cream and the moist??

I cant say something. Everythings gonna be "fine" at the end.

We cant be like this because of bad stuff in our lifes. Sometimes its hard. We only live once so we muat try our bests to keep our heads up high.

lotion or cream either one. You just need a moisturizing lotion or cream made for your skin type (breakout prone. The Clinique is good. Have a good night!

Yeah them Clinque one's look fit for purpose, there the anti blemish ones also which should really help.

Whats the other sachets, facemasks from what i can kinda see? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You'll have to give us an update and let us know how you get on with it all once youve been using it for a while!
I willlove you forever if the ANTIBLEMISH range work.

For me, cleaning up my diet helped a lot. I also lean towards kbeauty skincare as they seem more gentle. I really like the Cosrx Pimple pad.

Oh oh oh hold on. What these products are? Never heard of! Thank you i will do my research. I have so many products though.

Oh by the way im vegan with a plant based diet.

Probably the effaclar a.i. made the damage and not my diet. What probably,its definitely.

Also I wanted to say that maybe gluten in my bread ,spaggheti and rice have a little role here too.

What do u think?

Gluten is said to be linked to acne on some people so it's worth trying. Also excess carbohydrates and especially sugar can cause problems. You want to make sure you get enough protein. I personally like the paleo diet but I do eat rice, full fat dairy products ( I tried plant based and it didn't work for me) and gluten free cookies sometimes. I have a really bad sweet tooth so I have to careful with sugar but I've noticed as long as I get enough protein, I don't get the sugar cravings. I had to go gluten free a few years ago due to medical problems and it helped my skin too. My psoriasis went away.

Oh I cant believe it. My mum has psoriasis and I have to tell her this!

Because im not eating meat dairy and eggs,my diet is already "restricted".

Legumes rice pasta potatoes and veggies. If I cut the gluten whats left to eat? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My blood test results are great btw.

So... Im thinking of replacing the white bread and rice,to whole wheat!!

And the white pasta from grain,to actually corn.

I eat bread and its my fav food...maybe I didnt know what is causing me. I will have to try it for a few days and see results.

Back