Someone out there will sympathize, I know it.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hoozey, I've done the same thing! I use AO sept solution, it is a hydrogen peroxide based solution. I switched to it about 6 months ago because I was told by an optomitrist that it would help with the "film" that I get over my lenses from time to time. I don't know if it is allergies or what, but I have to take them out and clean them constantly. But since I've been using the AOsept system it is much better.

When you put that solution in your eye it feels like you are going to just die right there. Like you said, you can't even get your eye open to get the contact out, and talk about tears streaming down your face ! I was running late to meet my family at a movie (been planned in advance, couldn't miss it) and that happenedl. Once I stopped crying, I just put on my glasses (yuck) and went to the movie with red, sore eyes and glasses and hardly no makeup on by then. I've been very careful since then to not do that again...knock on wood!

Christy

I can totally sympathize with you! It's usually because I get those tiny cotton threads from Q-tips in my eye..and those are not fun.

Nice to know I wasn't the only one to ever do that. I felt so dumb afterwards that I'd used the wrong solution. I haven't had that happen again since I switched to disposables and only use multi-purpose solution. I really need to get Lasix done- I am blind. I can't imagine just opening my eyes and seeing anything more than blurs. :laughing:

No makeup in the eye is nothing although I hate when I get mascara on my lens because I have to remove and clean to get it off.

Back