Sore, red, swollen cuticles after a manicure

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aren't there new cuticle creams out on the market that remove the dead cuticle w/out using anything to cut them? I believe there is... I don't even worry about it honestly... No manis here
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah Aren't there new cuticle creams out on the market that remove the dead cuticle w/out using anything to cut them? I believe there is... I don't even worry about it honestly... No manis here
frown.gif
That's what I was thinking but I wasn't sure since I just let them do their thing and usually don't pay attention to what they use when I get manicures. I'll have to get something to use at home so they won't have to mess with my cuticles next time. I'll look at Armstrong's next time I go.

Ouch! Painful. I've had a few cuts here and there, but never so I was bleeding really bad or anything.

Hope your hands feel better soon!

Ugh! I had that happen to me before I went in for this television audition. I /never/ do anything with my nails typically. I mean, I'm too busy at home... But my voice coach referred me for an audition and basically just bullied me into doing it. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So! I wanted to look extra special and get nails put on!

I'd had them done before and never cared for them... But this time the guy butchered my fingers. It was depressing. He didn't even paint the white at the tips in the right places and you could see gaps where my real -lessthanwhitewhite- was. Yuck. So, I went to another place and got them fixed, and a body wrap too while I was in there. The lady doing the wrap was in charge... I think. Because she double glanced at my nails, then after she set me up on the chair... She walked out the room and came back with another nail guy. She was holding up my swollen, red, and slightly bleeding cuticals and was yelling at him in some other language! Poor guy didn't even do it. -- I only guess he told her that... So, I wonder what all that was about.

oh my gosh. lisa that' awful. i've never had a manicure , oh , ouch. freakin lady. what an idiot.

Cutting cuticles are a thing of the past, so very old school! Available today is a great product all nail techs should have and use. Cuticle dissolver. Not only for health reasons (for the client & tech) but you also get cleaner manicures. The stuff is amazing. All that is done is a thin spread of the "lotion" is applied on the cuticles, and then it's left to sit for just a few minutes...under 5, and then the tech merely pushes the soggy cuticles back and wipes the goop off with a paper towel! Never should you see blood, yours or the tech's during a nail session! My goodness!

i always thought cutting your cuticles was a big no no, because of possibly infections. and pushing cuticles back could cause it too if everything isnt properly cleaned

This is discouraging to hear, this is what I mean when I say the nail industry is being given a bad name by nail shops showing up on every corner. Cuticles should never be cut off, just pushed back, unless you have hangnails. Cuticles are a form of protection into our body. The more you cut them off the more they grow back and heavier. Pushing back gently while they are moist is most beneficial. I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

Yea me too, I know this post is old and everything but Ive never had that happen to me and I hope I never will. Sorry to hear that hun.

One time when I went on a trip to LA, I thought it would be nice to get a pedi.Well the price was just right $5.oo for a pedi so I got one .Well the lady got some tools and the did not look very clean so I asked her to get new ones and she did but when she was doing my feet she was digging into my skin and it hurt. The next day my big toe was swollen like really fat and puss was coming out and it hurt soo bad.It was like that for a week,When I got back from my tirp I swore to never to get a pedi again.
fuercht.gif

Back