Sorry I wasn't around Monday

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ladies and gent(s)! I was at work for a couple of hours before my daughter IM'd me ..asking me to come home. We have 4 kitties living on the back porch --2 of which we found a month ago ..they came right out of the woods and momma didn't want them. Found their 2 other sisters last week. One of the first 2 was not doing well at all and I ended up rushing him into the vet. They kept him and I'm hoping he made it thru the night ..that's how bad he was. He was just laying there ..wouldn't/couldn't get up ..found out he's got a 104 temp (which is NOT good for kitties). They put him on IV and injectable antibiotics. I'll call shortly to find out if he pulled thru the night. If so I can bring him home today.

I love kittens ..but hate them also ..when they get sick and you feel like you can't do ANYTHING for them and they can't really say what's going on. Hubby was NOT happy when I moved the rest of them into the house ..in a large breeding cage I'd had from when I was breeding cats. They'll live in that until I can find homes for them or are old enough to get fixed and let go outside.

OMG, Kim. My mom would love you to death! She does this will stray kitties all the time. It very nice that you care! I couldn't do it
smile.gif

Kim - what a luv u r! Being an animal lover myself, I empathize with u and certainly hope the kitten makes it through. Please keep us posted.

It is heartbreaking to lose them even if u have only had momentary contact with them. I went through that quite a bit over the past couple of years when the strays decided to show up in front of the house I used to live in. Between the dogs, the cats and one bird (not counting mine), my vet thought I was losing my mind. My paws are crossed so the kitty makes it through.

Originally Posted by Naturally JUST got off the phone with the vet ...YEAHHHHH! He made it thru the night, temps have gone down ...and he's even EATING! ALL good signs they said. I have to call back later to see if/when he can come home! OHHHH thanks to prayers to Bast! Oh Kim,I am so glad everything worked out with the Kitten.I just read this post and ime happy things are ok.I known it must be stressful for you as you are an animal lover and it is distressing.I hope the vets fee's weren't to high,you've a good heart.:icon_love

My mom is 60 or something. I am serious, she is the BIGGEST animal person on the planet. She saves kitties, birds, rabbits, whatever she can get her hands on.
wink.gif
Now that my brother chris is on here, he'll attest to it!

awwww kim that was so nice of you, i would of done the same thing i hope you really find somebody that can care for them they way you will

Glad to hear that the kitty is doing better! If you have any spare kitties that are good at catching mice, please ship them out to my house. We've been talking about getting a cat to keep the mice at bay. The dogs just haven't been threatening the mice enough.

Aww... thats so cute Kim! Glad he's better... he probably wouldn't have made it without you! :icon_love You know how much of a sucker I am for stray kittens... so you already know I give you a big high five
wink.gif

YAY! glad that kitty is doing better. I love kitties.
claps.gif
:icon_love

I can't imagine having to put one down myself. But as you said it is better than letting them suffer...
icon_cry.gif

Back