Special kind of combined skin, sensitive & Rosacea - help me before I freak out!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Please help me!
frown.gif

I don't know what to do with my skin anymore, I have tried so many products and nothing seems to work like it should...

My skin is dry on the top but greasy underneath and I got told that the best way is to clean it with a mild cleasing milk and avoid any harsh products like Clearasil.

I do that, but there are still a lot of clogged pores in my nose and chin area.

My skin is very sensitive so I use a toner without alcohol.

It moistures my skin a little bit, but that's it, it feels like there's still all the rubbish locked in my skin.

Because my skin is so dry I need a lot of moisture, but avoid anything that makes my skin greasy.

I have tried a lot of creams out there, but they all make my skin even more worse.

I have light rosacea under my nose and around my mouth, as well as pimples.

What can I do? Should I try out natural/homemade stuff like sheabutter and oil cleansing?

I would like to stick to as few products as possible.

Thanks for letting me have a moan everyone!

HAve you tried cetaphil? My skin is really sensitive and i find this safe for use. I hope someone else has better recs.

Thanks for the recommandation, emily!

I googled it and it may be just what I have been looking for!

Do you recommend the cream, lotion or cleansing lotion?

I just ordered samples.

Buying FS is pretty expensive though.

I was going to suggest Cetaphil also. That's what most derms recommend for sensitive skin. Good luck!

Cetaphil is good but there are other products for sensitive skin as well. I suggest you try some of the home remedies before they are the most effective and do not cause any side effects. Oatmeal is a good ingredient for blemished sensitive skin. Mix it with water and apply on your face daily.

Originally Posted by acneXpert /img/forum/go_quote.gif Cetaphil is good but there are other products for sensitive skin as well. I suggest you try some of the home remedies before they are the most effective and do not cause any side effects. Oatmeal is a good ingredient for blemished sensitive skin. Mix it with water and apply on your face daily. thanks a lot!how long do I need to leave the mixture on my face?

and do you have any recommandations for other home remedies?

I use the cleansing lotion everyday and the moisturizer too.

But oatmeal is known to be good for the skin. my mom always tells me to get aveeno but i dont like it as much. i dont feel that it does anything at all, i mean it doesnt irritate me but i dont feel clean. It might work with you though.

I would try the oatmeal mix though.

the best moisturizer i've found for sensitive and combo skins is the almond cream from Weleda. there's a rich texture version you can take, but the light one is enough. as i have a cold i take most of the moisturize with all my kleenex so before i apply my moisturizer i use a few drops of oil on my nose and cheek area.

shea butter is great on chapped lips or on your cheeks.

for your pimples, use essential oils, lemon, tea tree, grapefruit, lavender (you can apply a drop on a pimple using a q-tip).

Back