(Spoilers) Julep July 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you please provide those links here? Redirecting people to your blog like this is considered blog promotion, and that's actually a violation of the forum's terms of service.
Oh I am sorry about this. I didn't know. I was just lazy to post all the links again. Let me figure out how to delete my last post.

I placed an order on the 26th with the BARBECUE code and I still have not gotten a shipping notice. Is anyone else waiting on a shipping notice for just a 'regular' order? It's never taken this long for me to get one before. 

I placed an order on the 26th with the BARBECUE code and I still have not gotten a shipping notice. Is anyone else waiting on a shipping notice for just a 'regular' order? It's never taken this long for me to get one before. 
I wonder how much of a shipping revamp the move away from DHL is going to cause.  Let's hope they get it together faster than Birchbox.

FWIW, my Maven box was marked "Ready for UPS" last Friday night, actually hit UPS in Seattle yesterday.  It left Iowa this afternoon and is supposed to be delivered on Thursday.  Honestly, that's about the fastest shipping I've had from Julep in months.

I don't expect them to stay with UPS for long, but selfishly, I wish they would.  At least where I live, UPS is about the most reliable shipper.

I wonder how much of a shipping revamp the move away from DHL is going to cause.  Let's hope they get it together faster than Birchbox.

FWIW, my Maven box was marked "Ready for UPS" last Friday night, actually hit UPS in Seattle yesterday.  It left Iowa this afternoon and is supposed to be delivered on Thursday.  Honestly, that's about the fastest shipping I've had from Julep in months.

I don't expect them to stay with UPS for long, but selfishly, I wish they would.  At least where I live, UPS is about the most reliable shipper.
I usually get a shipping notice within a couple days, but it always takes at least two weeks to get to me. At least through the old DHL. I figured it's something to do with the changes, but I don't want to email OR call yet because of all the people saying they aren't being contacted back. I should have just passed on the order, but those damn deals get me every time. I guess I'll wait another day and then call if I don't receive anything.

I guess I'm confused about the whole USPS wont ship ground anymore thing.  I've gotten nail polish via USPS (marked ORM-D) twice in the last week and I can't find anything on USPS's website about a change in the rules.  Is it possible they are just trying UPS just to see how it goes?

I guess I'm confused about the whole USPS wont ship ground anymore thing.  I've gotten nail polish via USPS (marked ORM-D) twice in the last week and I can't find anything on USPS's website about a change in the rules.  Is it possible they are just trying UPS just to see how it goes?
I think it's that USPS won't ship polish air. So no more USPS 2-Day for boxes like they were doing.

Same for me and I haven't gotten a notice yet either.  Luckily Julep has always shipped very quickly for me, but I have a feeling that is about to change.  I haven't heard anything about my monthly box being shipped either, no tracking or anything, so I have no idea if that's on the way or not.

I'm just going to wait - if I don't at least get a tracking email in 3-4 days I'll give them a call.

I think it's that USPS won't ship polish air. So no more USPS 2-Day for boxes like they were doing.
Ohhhhh, ok thanks. My boxes always take 1-2 weeks (maven and regular orders) so I guess I have never had one shipped 2-day.  Weird.

I hate that Julep ships from Seattle and I LIVE IN SEATTLE and it still takes DAYS to get to me. It was shipped on Friday apparently and it's gone nowhere, so maybe it didn't actually ship. 

Just got an email from Julep that my box shipped and that it's going DHL.  They apologized for the delay and said they are going to put 100 Jules in my account.  

Hello Maven, I'm so excited for July's Maven Box, and hope you are too! I wanted to reach out and let you know that your box is on its way, but it might take a little longer than usual to arrive. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to ship nail polish by air, so if your box contains polish, we'll be sending it via ground transportation. I know how much it matters that you get your box as quickly as possible, so we're working to expand and improve our shipping system ASAP (including opening a new fulfillment center very soon). As a token of our thanks for your patience (and with our apologies for any delay), we've added 100 Jules to your Maven account. Please reach out to us with any questions. We always love to hear from you. Thanks for being a Maven, Jane Park CEO & Founder

I've heard that in order to sort out things with the AG, they had to show they were working to resolve the problem, and give some sort of compensation. Hence the pity 100 Jules. 100 Jules is really not going to get you anything.

Just got an email from Julep that my box shipped and that it's going DHL.  They apologized for the delay and said they are going to put 100 Jules in my account.  

Hello Maven, I'm so excited for July's Maven Box, and hope you are too! I wanted to reach out and let you know that your box is on its way, but it might take a little longer than usual to arrive. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to ship nail polish by air, so if your box contains polish, we'll be sending it via ground transportation. I know how much it matters that you get your box as quickly as possible, so we're working to expand and improve our shipping system ASAP (including opening a new fulfillment center very soon). As a token of our thanks for your patience (and with our apologies for any delay), we've added 100 Jules to your Maven account. Please reach out to us with any questions. We always love to hear from you. Thanks for being a Maven, Jane Park CEO & Founder
Yup, just got this same email. Oh well. I'm not really in a hurry to get my box anyway. XD

Thought I would share a great Zoya promotion 

The code "THREEDOM" gets you 3 Zoya polishes for free - just pay shipping and handling 

Sale goes to July 6th 
Thanks for posting!! Pricy shipping but for 3 free polishes, I don't mind. I got Dillon, Muse, and Binx!

Thanks for posting!! Pricy shipping but for 3 free polishes, I don't mind. I got Dillon, Muse, and Binx!
I took advantage of this and got binx, aurora and zuza. Made up for me not taking my july julep box. 
Great choices girls!  I have Binx and Zuza and love both of them, they are both really summer-y. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thought I would share a great Zoya promotion 

The code "THREEDOM" gets you 3 Zoya polishes for free - just pay shipping and handling 

Sale goes to July 6th 
OMG....I had to get this!  Thanks!  I also got Zuza, Wednesday and Maya..it was hard to choose 3!  I think I am getting seriously addicted to nail polish!

I got the same email that my box was going to be delayed.

I am upset and happy at the same time, upset because they used to ship from NJ (I'm in NY) so it got to me the 1st of the month, however I am grateful that they had the courtesy to email me about this. Unlike other companies out there (I'm talking to you Glossybox).. so at least I'm not wondering where my box is, and I know it's late :/ ! 

mixed feelings

Back