(Spoilers) Julep November 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So 10pm on Tuesday they had "a few hundred extra boxes" and then at 10am on Friday they have not 1 single extra of each? I think the girl I talked to did not believe me.  I have only made 1 other complaint ever to them about a super thick glitter (over 6 months ago), that I subsequently sent them a picture of and they replaced so it's not like I am trying to squeeze them for freebies.  She did not understand that 2 substitute polishes from the website was not the same as 2 limited edition glitters that you can't buy.

Oh well, at least its easy to swap for Juleps and people are always selling them cheaply.  I have seen the glitters up for swap so I will just try to get them from somewhere else.  I still have to return my box once they send me the label before they will refund me.
If you know the name of the rep - file a complaint.

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @Lolo22 - I was just browsing around the site and saw that they have this: 

http://www.julep.com/shop/nail-color/julep-com-exclusives/antonia.html

Geo isn't there, but Antonia is and it's in stock. I'd be calling them again. That's ridiculous they told you they didn't have anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if Geo shows up soon too. 
Thanks Cari! Just sent them an email.  They have always been super nice in emails so I will just give that a try even though I probably wont hear back until next week.

Count me in as having problems with my mystery box...they tried to delivered mine to the wrong address!!! I moved in with my boyfriend a year ago and have been using his address for packages almost exclusively for at least 8 months. I sold my house in August this year, and guess where Julep decides to send my mystery box??? My old address!!! I checked my account and my shipping address is correct. Grrrrr..... I went to the PO tonight hoping I could just pick it up but it wasn't there. It looks like it might be going back to Julep. I can't sit on hold as I work during the day, so I sent them an email. I might try to call tomorrow real quick, but I doubt I'll get through. Sigh....I just want my box. And the kicker of this is....I placed not one, but TWO orders in August that were delivered to the right address!!! I have no idea how they messed this up!!!

Oh no [@]Pollysmom[/@]! Details Julep! I wonder what they will tell you. I waited on hold for about 15 minutes when I called. I hate how hard they are to get ahold of :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Polly, this happened to me a month or so ago. Call them asap. What will happen is Julep waits until they receive your box back in Seattle then they will have to put another shipping label on it and send it out. The CS rep will insist they can only use DHL but I protested that it was their fault and I asked for them to ship straight USPS and they did without charging me for faster shipping and I got my box in 2 business days. They also threw in a few extra candy corn packets (it was around halloween). Hope you get your box soon! 

I got a response from Julep.  I really hate how they always seem to only half address the problem.  I guess I would be ok with this resolution, except for the fact that I already sent my box back.  So I don't want to take the 2 nail polish deal if that means I wont get my refund.  I also don't really think I should have to keep my eye out for Geo either.  I don't know, the only other color I really want right is Percy and I wonder if they will let me get that since it's not available as a single.  Next time I am just going to email them even if it takes longer because they are so much nicer in emails LOL.

Hannah xxxxx (Julep)

Nov 27 08:39 am (PST)

Hi xxxxx,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We sincerely appreciate your patience with the delay in getting back to you about this. We're so sorry to hear that your Diamond Mystery box was missing the two exclusive polishes. At the time when you spoke with the representative, Antonia wasn't in stock to send replacements. We unfortunately aren't given any information from our other teams when items will be restocked. We would be glad to send you Antonia plus an additional polish of your choice. At this time, we don't have any information whether Geo will be available to send replacement. If you do see that Geo appears on the website, please let us know and we can send you it. We'll let our shipping team know about this error and we sincerely apologize for any frustration and disappointment with this. Let us know what polish you would like us to send in addition to Antonia. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with. Until then, have a great day!

Maven Customer Service Team

1-877-651-3292

www.julep.com

Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST

Saturday 9am-1pm PST

Sunday Closed

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I got a response from Julep.  I really hate how they always seem to only half address the problem.  I guess I would be ok with this resolution, except for the fact that I already sent my box back.  So I don't want to take the 2 nail polish deal if that means I wont get my refund.  I also don't really think I should have to keep my eye out for Geo either.  I don't know, the only other color I really want right is Percy and I wonder if they will let me get that since it's not available as a single.  Next time I am just going to email them even if it takes longer because they are so much nicer in emails LOL.

Hannah xxxxx (Julep)

Hi xxxxx,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We sincerely appreciate your patience with the delay in getting back to you about this. We're so sorry to hear that your Diamond Mystery box was missing the two exclusive polishes. At the time when you spoke with the representative, Antonia wasn't in stock to send replacements. We unfortunately aren't given any information from our other teams when items will be restocked. We would be glad to send you Antonia plus an additional polish of your choice. At this time, we don't have any information whether Geo will be available to send replacement. If you do see that Geo appears on the website, please let us know and we can send you it. We'll let our shipping team know about this error and we sincerely apologize for any frustration and disappointment with this. Let us know what polish you would like us to send in addition to Antonia. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with. Until then, have a great day!

1-877-651-3292
www.julep.com
Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST
Saturday 9am-1pm PST
Sunday Closed
They said a polish of your choice.  Tell them you want Percy.  I wouldn't even mention that it's only available w/another polish, that's their problem.  At this point giving you a polish you actually want is the least they can do for you!

Quote: Originally Posted by ElizabethStreet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Polly, this happened to me a month or so ago. Call them asap. What will happen is Julep waits until they receive your box back in Seattle then they will have to put another shipping label on it and send it out. The CS rep will insist they can only use DHL but I protested that it was their fault and I asked for them to ship straight USPS and they did without charging me for faster shipping and I got my box in 2 business days. They also threw in a few extra candy corn packets (it was around halloween). Hope you get your box soon!
I actually got through to them today on the phone and the rep I had was SUPER!!  I mean, above and beyond super fantastic.  She actually called my local post office, had them find the package and gave them my correct address so it could just be sent to me instead of having it sent back to Julep.  While she was on hold with the PO, she was disconnected and CALLED THEM BACK to complete the request, then she called me back & let me know that they were going to deliver my box to the right place.  She said I should have it by early next week at the latest.  I was floored by her willingness to go above & beyond to help me.  Once my box gets here, I am going to send an email to compliment her.

Hannah xxxxx (Julep)

Hi xxxxx,

www.julep.com Monday-Friday 8am-5pm PST Saturday 9am-1pm PST Sunday Closed

They said a polish of your choice.  Tell them you want Percy.  I wouldn't even mention that it's only available w/another polish, that's their problem.  At this point giving you a polish you actually want is the least they can do for you!
I agree!

I actually got through to them today on the phone and the rep I had was SUPER!!  I mean, above and beyond super fantastic.  She actually called my local post office, had them find the package and gave them my correct address so it could just be sent to me instead of having it sent back to Julep.  While she was on hold with the PO, she was disconnected and CALLED THEM BACK to complete the request, then she called me back & let me know that they were going to deliver my box to the right place.  She said I should have it by early next week at the latest.  I was floored by her willingness to go above & beyond to help me.  Once my box gets here, I am going to send an email to compliment her.
That's great!

Ok, I am SERIOUSLY amazed and impressed. My box was delivered today. Along with almost everything else I have ordered in the last week (I'm sure the mailman was swearing at me today!) but my box was delivered today. I am floored. Julep will be getting an email from me tomorrow letting them know how much above & beyond the rep went. I don't think I've ever gotten better customer service from a company. Ever. I got version one, I'm pretty happy with it.

I received version 4 of the mystery box. Did anyone else receive this version? I am undecided on how I feel about it. Not quite the colors that I was hoping for.

New here. But, I've been a Maven since September. Even though I am skipping more and more of the collection boxes and getting other boxes and sets instead.

I ordered the mystery box about a week ago. Got it yesterday. I must have gotten either a version four or version 5. I got the beach oil and the sea salt texture spray as mystery add-ons (Woo! Because, I have been wanting that SS Spray for ages!) and also Double Step. 

As for the polishes. I got Antonia and Geo of course, Karmen, Karen, Lucy, Helen, and Candice! No dupes! 

I wanna take a chance again next month and get another mystery box. But, I'm a bit scared of getting dupes...Someone tell me how likely would that be?

I'm wearing Antonia over Fiore (which came in the free gift set) right now and those two look good together. Try it if you have Fiore as well.

Quote: Originally Posted by weareclouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  New here. But, I've been a Maven since September. Even though I am skipping more and more of the collection boxes and getting other boxes and sets instead.

I ordered the mystery box about a week ago. Got it yesterday. I must have gotten either a version four or version 5. I got the beach oil and the sea salt texture spray as mystery add-ons (Woo! Because, I have been wanting that SS Spray for ages!) and also Double Step. 

As for the polishes. I got Antonia and Geo of course, Karmen, Karen, Lucy, Helen, and Candice! No dupes! 

I wanna take a chance again next month and get another mystery box. But, I'm a bit scared of getting dupes...Someone tell me how likely would that be?

I'm wearing Antonia over Fiore (which came in the free gift set) right now and those two look good together. Try it if you have Fiore as well.
Welcome!

I have spent a small fortune since I've been with them since August (think every maven box, with two upgrades, each mystery box, and a couple one off orders because of sales/promo codes) yeah.... so with that much spent I think I have between 5-10 dupes I don't remember. Couple of them I love so don't mind, a few I need to figure out what to do with. Haven't really looked into the trade boards but I should.

Mystery boxes are fun, and they've always been a good value to me, even with the dupes. Plus since I have no idea what warm/cool/neutral tone even is and don't really care, I will wear almost any polish color as long as I like it lol. 

Julep seems to just be awesome. I am loving their stuff.

Yeah. I just wear whatever I wear too. To be honest. I'm not crazy about reds and nudes...But, the mystery box still wasn't a bust for me because I don't have any other reds or neutrals. And, I guess they are good to have around in case I need to go somewhere where I wouldn't wanna have green or blue fingernails (my colors of choice)

So, only 5-10 dupes in that amount of time. I wonder if they would put anything that was in this box in next month's box? God, I hope not. Because, I so wanna go the mystery route again.

I'm hoping to see Ciara pop up in next month's box. That's a dupe. But, it's one that I want another one of. Such a unique color and my bottle is already getting too low for my liking.

Quote: Originally Posted by weareclouds /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welcome!

In case anyone is interested in an update.  Julep is refunding me $24.99 (even though I used the $5 off code), sending me Antonia for free and reactivated my maven account.   Hannah is the best rep ever and even emailed me on Saturday to let me know!

In case anyone is interested in an update.  Julep is refunding me $24.99 (even though I used the $5 off code), sending me Antonia for free and reactivated my maven account.   Hannah is the best rep ever and even emailed me on Saturday to let me know!
That is fantastic! So glad to hear they stepped up and made it right for you.

Back