Squarehue - April 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far, I'm really liking the formula!

I just painted my nails using all three colors. I made little lavender bunches. The yellow's formula was horrible! I thought the other two colors though were really pretty and nice, though. I'll post a picture later.

I just painted my nails with the yellow, and it's actually one of the better yellows I have tried! It's still not a great formula compared to other polishes on general, but it's great compared to, say, my bottle of Sinful Colors Unicorn. And it's a beautiful daffodil yellow, so I will just deal with the other issues (a lot of my issues would probably go away if I ever got around to picking up a ridge filler, though. I should add that to my shopping list).

I'm on day 4 and I only have minimal tip wear. This formula is amazing! Such a breath of fresh air from how Juleps formula has been performing for me lately.

I'm on day 4 and I only have minimal tip wear. This formula is amazing! Such a breath of fresh air from how Juleps formula has been performing for me lately.
I'm still wearing my Monday yellow submarine nails, and same here! I am usually super hard on my nails, and this is almost unheard of for me. And the longer I wear this color, the more I like it. Once again, the color I was most meh about is a hit. I will probably be changing colors tonight solely because I need something to go with _Evil Dead_ tomorrow. I'm just not sure what that will be.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The yellow's formula was horrible!
Yellow formulas are always horrible or so it seems.

I am loving these this month. To be honest I was considering cancelling them but this month's box made me stay.

I really like the purple one. It's a nice lavender color.

The tips of mine are wearing off and I think this is day 4. But otherwise, I really like how it looks!

I loved the colors this month but couldn't find the heart to stay :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I rather go out and buy the colors I want ! I did enjoy the sub and love the bottles it was fun to try now I'm ready for other thing!!! I love the green so pretty!

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loved the colors this month but couldn't find the heart to stay
frown.gif
I rather go out and buy the colors I want ! I did enjoy the sub and love the bottles it was fun to try now I'm ready for other thing!!! I love the green so pretty!
The only thing keeping me in is that I got the $15 rate when they still had it going on. I'm thisclose to cxling though.

The only thing keeping me in is that I got the $15 rate when they still had it going on. I'm thisclose to cxling though.
Aww this makes me sad cuz I just signed up last month. I've been impressed with the staying power of their formula and I like being surprised. I have this and julep....so, one of them has to go ($40/mo in polish is too much for me). I'm gonna try SH exclusively for a few months before deciding which one gets the ax.

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Aww this makes me sad cuz I just signed up last month. I've been impressed with the staying power of their formula and I like being surprised. I have this and julep....so, one of them has to go ($40/mo in polish is too much for me). I'm gonna try SH exclusively for a few months before deciding which one gets the ax.
Definitely try it out! I just haven't used a single one of their polishes for a mani at all. I have 12 polishes from them.. so that's saying a lot. I kind of want to stay because I know come June or July, they'll add some gorgeous new summer colors and I'll kick myself if I leave because I'm not signing up again if I do.

Originally Posted by AtomicBunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I keep waiting for Julep to give me *something* that I like well enough to not skip a month, but I keep waiting.  I think the last time I got a Maven box was the suedes.  When was that, September?  And I keep looking at the Juleps I already have, think, "Ugh, those *bottles*! I don't feel like dealing with those tippy things tonight," and use something else -- and that "something else" is Square Hue more and more often.  And I only wear a month's colors during that month (*so* looking forward to January so my OCD will allow me to break out the Arctic Collection again!), but it's still worth the fifteen bucks a month for me.  Well, okay, the February box was a bit of a bust for me (I'm not big on pinks and roses), but pretty much every other box has made up for it, so I feel like I'm coming out ahead on this subscription.

And on the specific topic of the April box, NO STAINING WITH THE GREEN?  ARE YOU SERIOUS, SQUARE HUE?  I was very nervous about that one after my misadventures with Julep's Leah (a similarly bright green), but I had no problems whatsoever, which I should have expected after also not having any staining with the yellow.  I think this is my favorite collection so far.  Even my least-favorite shade in this collection (the purple) is one of my favorite shades in my overall collection.  They really hit it out of the park on this one for me.

As much as I like SquareHue I think I may have to suspend my account before May 1st (since I've already paid for the May box). Reason: Budget. Even though it's $14.99 a month I can use that $15 on something else.

I keep waiting for Julep to give me *something* that I like well enough to not skip a month, but I keep waiting.  I think the last time I got a Maven box was the suedes.  When was that, September?  And I keep looking at the Juleps I already have, think, "Ugh, those *bottles*! I don't feel like dealing with those tippy things tonight," and use something else -- and that "something else" is Square Hue more and more often.  And I only wear a month's colors during that month (*so* looking forward to January so my OCD will allow me to break out the Arctic Collection again!), but it's still worth the fifteen bucks a month for me.  Well, okay, the February box was a bit of a bust for me (I'm not big on pinks and roses), but pretty much every other box has made up for it, so I feel like I'm coming out ahead on this subscription. And on the specific topic of the April box, NO STAINING WITH THE GREEN?  ARE YOU SERIOUS, SQUARE HUE?  I was very nervous about that one after my misadventures with Julep's Leah (a similarly bright green), but I had no problems whatsoever, which I should have expected after also not having any staining with the yellow.  I think this is my favorite collection so far.  Even my least-favorite shade in this collection (the purple) is one of my favorite shades in my overall collection.  They really hit it out of the park on this one for me.
Yeah, all the colors in a box are gonna have to wow me for me not to skip. No more justifying it by saying "well I like 'x' color...and 'y' not be bad..." I'm glad the green didn't give you any staining! That was so strange! That green is next on my list to try. Hopefully I'll find time tomorrow cuz my kids are home on vacation this week & I just bought chickens...my nails will probably take a backseat this week!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As much as I like SquareHue I think I may have to suspend my account before May 1st (since I've already paid for the May box). Reason: Budget. Even though it's $14.99 a month I can use that $15 on something else.
Exactly. Same situation here... I wanted to try panty fly ($15/3months) so it's like hmmm. SH or PF? Leaning towards PF but I haven't cxl'd my SH yet. =/

Back