SquareHue March 2015 Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still don't have my box. I'm struggling with this. On one hand:

• They charge $5 for shipping & I'm still waiting for a package that should have arrived already.  I live in the same damn state! Priority mail is cheaper and much faster. 
  • They send out many similar colors (The whites in the first couple of months of Passport: Collection?) and when directly asked about it, they ignored me.
  • They sent out an actual dupe last month.
On the other hand:

• They refunded $7 for the olive green color.
  • They sent me January's Decade box.
  • When they get the colors right, they really get them right! They do a damn good job. I'm still gushing over November's & December's Passport Collections. Can't pronounce the polish names, but those colors are gorgeous.
Grrr...

Harriette, I am almost to the point of cancelling altogether.  It's a rare month when I like all three colors, although I did for January of this year.  This March box, ugh, I only like one color, so basically I paid $15 for it because the others are going in my giveaway drawer.

The gimmicks (Passport Collection, decades blurbs) just aren't doing it for me any more when I think about the actual money I'm spending.  I may look at the colors that are released and then, if there's one I just can't live without, find a cheaper dupe.  If SquareHue would start selling colors individually, I'd buy from them though.

Friday the 13th turned out to be a good polish day for me. Finally got my SquareHue box. I like the copper and swatched it this afternoon. For a metallic, brush strokes were at a minimum. It wasn't great with self-leveling but it was easy enough to work with. I'm not a big gold or silver fan (sorry, SilverNail!) but I love me some copper so I was happy. SilverNail -- did you get this month's box? If not, I will be happy to send you the silver.

Good thing #2 (actually #1 because this happened first). Stopped off at Ulta on my way home from work. I spied one lonely bottle of Sozzled in the butter London display last week-end and was curious if it was still there. St. Paddy's Day is just around the corner & I need green. Okay, so the ending of that sentence really should be "like a hole in the head," only because I pulled out all my greens to add to Reija's post. Um... I've got 40... But enough about my addiction. Back to Ulta! Ran into Ulta, Sozzled was still there. I pulled up my Ulta app and had my $3.50 off coupon all ready to go. Salesperson says to me "Your total is $7.47 so it's not enough for the coupon." I bought a bL for less than the cost of an Essie?! Friday the 13th wins again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so the copper is actually quite pretty with its pinky undertones.  I like.  The silver is nothing special but I do like that it's got a bit more depth than silvers I have owned in the past (I also like that my husband used it to give me a pedicure so maybe I'm biased, lol!).  As for the sheer, I have it on my fingernails right now and it's not as awful as I thought it would be.  The green-blue shine makes it feel a little more modern than some other sheers I've used in the past and it is nice enough (if boring) for daily wear.  No new faves here but all colours I will wear.

Thanks, Hariette -- yes, I did get the March box.  I like the light copper quite a bit.  The silver is good too but I have several dupes.

I'm just not seeing that SquareHue is progressing or coming up with anything really new.  Satins?  Mattes?  More holos in addition to the one they've had?

I love the sheer one actually. It kinda reminds me of the most amazing polish I ever had back in the 90s (Revlon Street Wear in Goldmine). I would have liked the copper to be a bit thicker and opaque but it's quite nice and I always love a good silver.

The honeymoon hasn't worn off for me just yet (unlike Birchbox Canada) but I could use a little more deviation next month. Don't get me wrong, the February box was a surprise home run with my skin tone (Tunic is almost a peachy nude on me which was unexpected after seeing it on others and I love the other two as well) and January was just gorgeous, though my partner hates First Flight on me (what does he know?) but I've had enough of the pink theme for a couple months so I'd really like to see some edgy choices for April. Perhaps an Emerald City green? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, my box finally showed up! That was ridiculous. I do a lot of online shopping from the US and everything else that goes via USPS gets here in seven days or less, including weekends. I don't know what SquareHue does so differently since everything's coded "international inbound express" but when it takes two to three weeks between the charging of my card and the delivery and in the meantime I forget to care about the box, it's probably a good sign that I'm ready to cancel. 

I will say that I liked all these colors a lot. They're a little watery for me, but several of my older SH bottles were watery on first open but after a few months became thicker. The greenish one from the Paris box comes to mind, and so does the chartreuse from Tokyo. I tested the pink sheer topper on a variety of shades just to play with it, and I find that I really like it on top of Notre Dame, which means I might get some use out of ND itself ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . The copper also looks great against my skin tone. I prefer the platinum from Beverly Hills over the silver from this month, but it'll still definitely get used. 

Back