Starbox September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or heard any hints of what we are getting this month? Here's hoping for nice autumn items!

What is Starbox?  Is this a new sample box?  What is it comparable to?  And do you think it's worth the money?

It is a subscription box focusing mostly on makeup. You receive items from their personal line of goodies. You can find info on starlooks.com.

No spoilers yet. I think Marci usually puts up pics around this time?

She told me she knows I will LOVE it, so it could be puppies for all I know! LOL

OK I'll keep an eye out for hints. Can't wait
w00t.gif

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No spoilers yet. I think Marci usually puts up pics around this time?

She told me she knows I will LOVE it, so it could be puppies for all I know! LOL
If its puppies I'm going to regret not signing up.

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What is Starbox?  Is this a new sample box?  What is it comparable to?  And do you think it's worth the money?
Starbox is from a company called Starlooks. I'm only familiar with it via the members. It is a beauty box subscription for $15 a month (same prices as Sample Society) but unlike other companies it has focuses strictly on makeup. Their first box was in June with August being a special edition box.

These images are from their website (June on top, August on bottom):

As for the worth of the box, if you compare it to other companies of the $15 to $20 range you will find that most of the $10 companies don't offer as much makeup while the ones in the $20 range do include more cosmetics but typically send out only one actual makeup item. With StarLooks it appears that they're focusing on strictly makeup at this time. Now, the makeup line IS their own so you won't be finding Laura Geller, Mally, NYX or anything like that BUT it is a good way to start trying their products for a less expensive price than buying each item individually - basically they give you the actual ability to "sample" the line for less money then buy each individual piece and end up not liking it. Like other companies you can cancel at any time so if you don't like the quality of the makeup or the colors you're only out $15 versus potentially $50+.

I haven't read anything overtly negative about the products itself and many of the MUT members who received the box are very happy with the cosmetic products. I say if you're looking for a makeup subscription and would like to try their cosmetic line then their StarBox is the best option.

You two are a bunch of puppy hogs! I want some too. As loops said, please attach all of your best expensive samples to their collar
smilehappyyes.gif

Hi Ladies, I'm about to update everyone (and Zadidoll) on some "sneak tips" on what might be involved in our September Starbox, but first I believe I need to check with our breeding facility here in Irvine regarding the cost (and added shipping weight) of the puppy litter. When I find out the requirements and value of our puppy investment, I'll be sure to let you know. Shipping costs may vary given the size of the box.
wink.gif

Marci

Originally Posted by marcistarlooks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Ladies, I'm about to update everyone (and Zadidoll) on some "sneak tips" on what might be involved in our September Starbox, but first I believe I need to check with our breeding facility here in Irvine regarding the cost (and added shipping weight) of the puppy litter. When I find out the requirements and value of our puppy investment, I'll be sure to let you know. Shipping costs may vary given the size of the box.
wink.gif

Marci
Bwahahaha
daz.gif

Seriously though I look forward to hints. I can't wait to see what September will bring. Thanks for checking in!

Hi Ladies, I'm about to update everyone (and Zadidoll) on some "sneak tips" on what might be involved in our September Starbox, but first I believe I need to check with our breeding facility here in Irvine regarding the cost (and added shipping weight) of the puppy litter. When I find out the requirements and value of our puppy investment, I'll be sure to let you know. Shipping costs may vary given the size of the box. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Marci
Do you take requests? If so, I'll take a pitbull. Or English bulldog! Thanks. Lol I am really excited to see what's in store for us.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone see the pics on Facebook? The theme is running with the wolves. Gorgeous photo set. My guess is a white/beige shadow and lashes?
They ARE giving us puppies! Finally a box company that listens
smilehappyyes.gif
In all seriousness, those are beautiful pictures and I can't wait to see more!

They ARE giving us puppies! Finally a box company that listens :smilehappyyes: In all seriousness, those are beautiful pictures and I can't wait to see more!
I agree. The pics are beautiful. I had a chat with Marci on the phone the other day and she had a chuckle about the puppy statement.

Super excited about Septembers Starbox!  There were some photos released on Facebook this past weekend and they were stunning!!!  The theme is Running with Wolves... I'm hoping for something neutral maybe an eyeshadow.  There seems to be alot of emphasis on the eyes/eyelashes on the woman in the photo so maybe false eyelashes or mascara?

Hi.  I'm Mel.  New to the boards.  =)

September'll be my third Starbox - I joined last month, but bought July's "past box" because the oranges were so GORGEOUS!!!

It doesn't look like they've given a mascara before.  I'd so love that!  Hope it's not lashes.  I've never tried false ones before!  And while part of me says I wouldn't mind trying them, I really don't go anywhere they'd be appropriate.

Well, if they send 'em, I'll just have to tell Hubby he's taking me somewhere special and I need an outfit to go with my new lashes. *NodNod*  That's all there is to it!  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would love for a mascara oh please:) I really need a new one and have been waiting for one of my boxes just to send me one ! Fingers crossed! The pics are stunning!

Latest posts

Back