Starlooks April 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they never said it would be a code, just a gift. I know when the last one came out as a code I saw SO MANY people complaining on their facebook about it. Which is silly to me, you got $35 gift card pretty much and they were complaining because they wanted to get surprise items. Personally, I'd like the $35 code! I HOPE that's what it is, since I didn't get the last one and there are so many things I'd love to pick out myself.
I loved that they sent a code. I could also see that maybe people complain because they don't know what to get with their code. I hope they continue to send them.

I hope April is more exciting than March. I hope we get more brushes, a highlighter and I always want more lipstick.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe they could do a Box of Mystery for $35. That way, if you want a surprise, you can go for that, and if you want something specific, you can pick that.
That would be really cool. It could satisfy the surprise people and yet the ones who want a choice could still spend it how they want.

@Kelli I like your guesses! Some pink would be fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Plus, Starlooks has GREAT blush. I am seriously obsessed with that blush palette from October. I personally loved the $35 code because I got to buy the Oct. box instead of spending $40+ or whatever on the blush palette haha. 

It would be great to see some pastels, does Starlooks do nails? Mostly because pastels could be slightly hard for some people to pull off in the face, but easier on the nails. Also, for the love of god, someone send me some makeup brushes!! 

1. Streep is gorgeous - I've been eyeing it for a while and will probably get it now that I've seen it.

2. Add me to the list hoping the gift is always a code. It's so nice to be able to buy the shades I want (like Streep!)

3. They could include a brush in every box forever and I would be so happy. 

For some reason, I have this feeling that this might be a brush month. Last year, we received one in January, July, and November, so it just seems like it's time either this month or next. Fingers crossed over here for one of the precision eye brushes. I don't have anything like them. A short-handle eye brush would be fantastic, too! The long handles of regular brushes are annoying given my severe nearsightedness and how close I have to get to the mirror in order to be able to do my eyes. And I've been thinking about the composition of the past few boxes, and it's really weird that we received lipsticks two months in a row (three for some of us since January was hodgepodge month. Four lipsticks and two glosses in three months is a bit overboard over for me), so I would not be surprised if this was a non-lip product month. I would *love* one of the kohl pencils in anything but black because I've been wanting t try their kohl pencils. A shimmery brown (whatever that may be, since I can't really tell the colors of the pencils in the photos) would be ideal since I've been relying heavily on my shimmery brown stila smudge stick lately (based solely on the number of spontaneous compliments it receives from complete strangers, bright aqua shadow and shimmery brown liner is apparently a fantastic combination on me), and that's probably going to run out soon, but I'm on an eyeliner no-buy that I was planning on continuing until the end of the year, so I'm hoping for a replacement to magically show up in a sub this month. I *almost* bought an Urban Decay pencil in Corrupt today, but I decided to wait and see how things shook out with the next couple of Starboxes. I think my perfect box this month would be a shimmery brown pencil (kohl or regular), Mimosa or French Connection cream blush, and a precision eye brush (they have several different ones, but I'm not sure I care which one. I'm really just interested in one good for using to apply powder shadow as liner, and if they will all work for that, any of them would be fine with me!). It could also be interesting if they sent something they don't even sell yet, like the cream shadow in February. I wonder if they're ever going to sell that stuff. (As a side note, I'm really digging my February lipstick -- I received BFF -- more and more every day I wear it. I really lucked out with that one. It's particularly nice over Tipsy lipstick, but I wore it all by itself today, and I was surprised at how much I liked it.) And, finally, I have this weird feeling that we might be in for a basics sort of box (like last April's shimmery Tendergloss, mascara, and powder) some time soon, maybe with a primer and/or makeup remover. I think an eye primer, a gel makeup remover, and a brush would actually be kind of a cool change even though I have, like, eight eye primers. I just keep finding myself drawn to them. They're on my no-buy list because of how many I have, but I would love to get one in a box. Ready for the looksbook now so we can start speculating! (I need a WARNING! FORUMITE CONTAINS VICODIN sign on my posts tonight. On the up side, the migraine is gone. I think I'll go ahead and call it a night now.)

Their loyalty code isn't just any three months. I subbed in January and figured I'd get my code in March. I emailed them and they told me that was only for customers who subbed in December. The next round of loyalty codes would be given to people subbed from March to May. So no loyalty code for me like I thought. I was looking forward to it

Quote: Originally Posted by Kereneko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Their loyalty code isn't just any three months. I subbed in January and figured I'd get my code in March. I emailed them and they told me that was only for customers who subbed in December. The next round of loyalty codes would be given to people subbed from March to May. So no loyalty code for me like I thought. I was looking forward to it
That's kind of a strange way to do things. So you basically have to be subscribed for 3 months, but a very SPECIFIC 3 months (December to Feb, March to May, June-Aug) in order to get the loyalty gifts. I'm sure it creates less confusion for them, but I still find that kind of odd. So if you subscribe in April, you won't get a loyalty gift until August...
icon_neutral.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I LOVED the code. We get surprise items every  month, extra ones on our birthday month, and more surprise items in the referral bags. I was so thrilled to get the $35 gift code because I was able to actually get things that I've been eyeing!
Same here. The green concealer is my new HG for covering up my red cheeks. It works sooo well and I only have to use a tiny dab. 

Quote: Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Looksbook is up! http://looksbook.starlooks.com/#870
Hmmm, definitely looks like the models have some crazy falsies going on in these, but I can't remember/don't feel like looking thru past books to see if they've done that before.

I wonder if it'll be another 5 eyeshadow palette with more spring colors. I do quite like the blonde's two (or maybe even 3) eyeshadow colors. Also swooning at the blush on the brunette! 

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hmmm, definitely looks like the models have some crazy falsies going on in these, but I can't remember/don't feel like looking thru past books to see if they've done that before.

I wonder if it'll be another 5 eyeshadow palette with more spring colors. I do quite like the blonde's two (or maybe even 3) eyeshadow colors. Also swooning at the blush on the brunette! 
Yep! Same thought I had. Gorg!  If I had to put in for my wishlist, I'd hope for the Madrid palette: 

http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/5-shade-shadow-palette

I'm really surprised to find that I constantly reach for my starlooks shadows, particularly the wine color they sent me in a referral box.  It's totally unlike anything else I have. 

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too! It's what stood out most to me (well, aside from the lashes LOL). Crossing my fingers for a pretty blush! I've loved all my Starlooks blushes more than any other product they have ever sent me!

Love that the looksbook description stresses colors, because that's what I want. All.The.Time.

Yep! Same thought I had. Gorg!  If I had to put in for my wishlist, I'd hope for the Madrid palette:  http://starlooks.com/collections/eyes/products/5-shade-shadow-palette I'm really surprised to find that I constantly reach for my starlooks shadows, particularly the wine color they sent me in a referral box.  It's totally unlike anything else I have. 
I hope you're right! That pallete is beyond gorgeous! All the makeup in this look book is beautiful & springy. I'm really excited to see what we get!

I'm just gonna hop in to this forum randomly XD this month's lookbook looks great, I really NEED more blush, and who knows, if its a good month, then I won't cancel after May! I liked last month's lipstick but I don't dare wear it outside hahah

Ooh, peachy-pinky eyeshadow.  I would love any of the colors (so yes to the blush/lips/eyeshadow and no to black eyeliner/mascara/lashes) that the brunette is wearing!  Based on the looksbook and my preference to not get certain items (because I already have them!), I think my box selection would be:

• Single-pan shadow in Sunset or Sparkling Ember (or, hey, both of them!  I tend to only use one or two shades in a palette, so I would rather get single shadows since that increases the chance we get a more-varied box)
  • Cream blush in Mimosa or French Connection
  • Precision eye brush (I don't think I have a preference for which specific one, or even that it's necessarily a Precision brush as long as it's something that can be used for eyeshadow!  I kind of collect eyeshadow brushes because then I don't have to worry about mixing colors.  I just use a clean brush every time I change colors, and then I wash the ones I used Saturday morning.  Sometimes I only have to wash three, and sometimes I have to wash eight or more)

Since they did make a point to mention *color* here, I am hopeful that we won't get any black eyeliner.  At all.  Ever again.  Okay, yeah, that last one is stretching it, so I'll move that into the "wishful thinking" part of my attempts at prognostication.  And since they mention "accents," I get the feeling that they might be going for multiple spots on the face, like eyes and cheeks and specifically avoiding lips, since they did lips two months in a row for everyone and *three* months in a row for some of us (my January box was two lipsticks and two lipglosses.  All lips!  Four lipsticks and two glosses in three months.  I actually want a break from lip products!).  

As for lashes, I've noticed that pretty much every month's looksbook seems to put an emphasis on them when there's a focus on eyes, so I've started considering them to be irrelevant to the proceedings.

So.  Anyway.  *Whew*.  Much better for me than last month!  That one seriously made me angry at Starlooks for allowing that box to exist.  I can deal with weird colors (as long as they're varied.  I still haven't used that November palette since it was very similar -- at least for me -- to the one we had just received a few months earlier).  Hell, I seek out weird colors.  The same stuff that has been done since the invention of color photography?  Uh, no, thank you.

Back