Starlooks August 2014

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disappointed to have missed out this month. I did get a resub email saying they are coming out with brand new products in October. If I sign up by next Friday I will receive one with my September box. This subscription is so good! I think I am going to have to do it!

Disappointed to have missed out this month. I did get a resub email saying they are coming out with brand new products in October. If I sign up by next Friday I will receive one with my September box. This subscription is so good! I think I am going to have to do it!
They do put up past starboxes for 25.00 on their site, so perhaps you can still get this one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They do so much for their subscribers- they really are great. But I have to admit that I saw the new subscribers reward email and felt a pang of 'hey why not reward your loyal subscribers who love the crap out of you!'

Then I remembered that they always do and totally will some more.

Makes me think of Joan Crawford, and instead of no wire hangers, no more mascara!!!!

Seriously, I'm burnt out on that. BaB stinky mascara and UD sample from Ipsy, model co from popsugar, my free ckone from ulta, plus some from memebox....I'm overloaded. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do hope it's cream blush!!!

I think that is the palette which is powder.  I am glad for powder!!  Cream is okay, but it does have a tendency to "fade" away on my very oily skin in the warmer months.  I like it fine for the dry winter months.

I think the other item is what I was hinted by Starlooks that we were to get. I already bought it with a loyalty reward but it's AMAZING!!

Man, I think is my fave box of 2014!!!!

Woo, good to know it's probably *not* cream. I'm so acne prone I would cry if it were. I feel very excited now, that's the only thing in my makeup collection that I don't have in ridiculous proportions. I know a lot of you guys are really excited about the mascara, but I'm very loyal to my current one. Like...I keep 2 backups at all times. Has anyone ever tried their  mascara? I'm curious, but if I try it and hate it, I can't really swap it. 

They do so much for their subscribers- they really are great. But I have to admit that I saw the new subscribers reward email and felt a pang of 'hey why not reward your loyal subscribers who love the crap out of you!'

Then I remembered that they always do and totally will some more.
I completely agree with you but the makeup lover in me really wants to know/try the new product.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woo, good to know it's probably *not* cream. I'm so acne prone I would cry if it were. I feel very excited now, that's the only thing in my makeup collection that I don't have in ridiculous proportions. I know a lot of you guys are really excited about the mascara, but I'm very loyal to my current one. Like...I keep 2 backups at all times. Has anyone ever tried their mascara? I'm curious, but if I try it and hate it, I can't really swap it.
No one has confirmed it's mascara (I think lol) so I still think it's the other thing (sorry can't so spoilers on my smartphone and don't want to give anything away)

after looking at it again, I think I know what the other thing is. And I think you're right. lol

The blush palette is powder and the other item is the precision liquid eye liner - I got black.

Weebs,  questions for you 

were there variations on the blush & eyeliner?  Was it mentioned in the card?  What is the "code" for the blush?  They gave those blush palettes a 3 alpha-numeric code on the back

thank you so much!!

Got my August box 2 days ago. I received the black eyelinear (liquid) & the blush compact that has the highlighter and bronzer i believe?

Tried the eyelinear and I LOVEEEEE IT. It is amazing. And I meant that by it does not makes my eye looking raccoon like at all. My eye lids are really really oily and even though I use eye primer along with powder before & after, all eyelinears (high & low ends) never last long as always end up making me look like i havent slept in a month or so... Well, Starlooks eyelinear (the one they sent) is amazing! i been have it on for 12+ hours and it has yet to budge at all. My eyes look as good as this morning when I put it on. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

A for the blush/highlighter/bronzer compact, I have yet to tried it out, but will definitely use it tomorrow. But I did swatch it, and it looks pretty nice..pigmentation is good :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aw man! Too bad I missed out on this month. A full blush palette! Hopefully my first month will be something good. <3

Since someone else spilled the beans (lol) I'll say: I'm not happy about the liquid liner....at all. I can add it to the pile of 100 other black eyeliners I will never ever use. 

I did notice they make a green liquid liner though, and that IS relative to my interest. So I might buy that. 

Since someone else spilled the beans (lol) I'll say: I'm not happy about the liquid liner....at all. I can add it to the pile of 100 other black eyeliners I will never ever use. 

I did notice they make a green liquid liner though, and that IS relative to my interest. So I might buy that. 
awww sucks that you dont like black eyeliner but you should totally get one of the other colors because it is a great formula, and stays on super well for a very long time. No matter the marketing of long lasting eyeliner, my eyes/eyelids well get me too look like a girl who has been balling for 5 hours... this one has stood the test of time. It is not like the eyeliner pen that we got a year ago in their 2013 Anniversary box.

Weebs,  questions for you 

were there variations on the blush & eyeliner?  Was it mentioned in the card?  What is the "code" for the blush?  They gave those blush palettes a 3 alpha-numeric code on the back

thank you so much!!
It doesn't say anything about variations on the card. The blush palette I got says 3B2 on the bottom.

Back