Starlooks January 2015 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're not allowed to post blog links right? I found someone's unboxing post. She said the January box is 1 of 2 Marsala lipsticks, either a lip brush or a blending brush, a kohl eyeliner, and a bonus item: a sample of Malibu Soapworks All Natural Brush Cleaner
nice!  OMG.  I hope I get a blending brush!!

so here is one instagram pic in the spoilers I found

10919462_345969395602237_1466779158_n.jpg

Looks like a good box, but I am partial to any box that has a good brush in it!

@crazycatlady82  I didn't know who that was!  Now I do :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Can you tell me what the other variations were?  thanks so much - it looks like a great box this month!

Mine came today. I got the lippie in marsala, kohl liner in chestnut, and lip brush. That blending brush looks lovely too. I have a bunch of points saved up and am thinking about getting that brush and the alternate lipstick from this month.

The marsala lipstick is really pretty. On me it's a very earthy brown-toned rose that's super trendy right now and really perfect for work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really like this month!!

I've been using the soap everyday for cleaning my brushes. I usually let my dirty brushes pile up and then I clean them on Sundays....but using this soap, it's so quick, easy, and handy, that I've been cleaning them every day.

I got mine today - OMG.  So happy with this box... Just love everything in it

pics & swatches in spoilers

@crazycatlady82  that is great to know that this soap is really easy and effective.  I like how it has a lid to the container too.

I got the i-contour brush and am SO happy I got that one and I got gisele as the lipstick.  I wonder what marsala looks like? 

jan.starlook.1.jpg

jan.starlook2.jpg

Great combo Biancardi!  I am loving the looks of that brush.  I am kinda hoping they list the different combos and sell them separately when they put the box up for sale.  I really have my eye on that one, and I am really loving that soap, would be thrilled to have a back up!

Is anyone else's soap solid and coming away from the sides? Mine also has a weird film at the top, but I'm more concerned about consistency.

Is anyone else's soap solid and coming away from the sides? Mine also has a weird film at the top, but I'm more concerned about consistency.
yes and yes.  This is an all natural item and it probably was poured into the container when it was "wet" and now is dry - so the pulling away is natural.  The film is the oils in the product.   I am not worried about these characteristics because it is natural in an organic product.  Now, if it has mold on it or smelled funky, yeah.  But this looks like a nice coconut oil based soap.

My box had was of course similar. I love the brush because it is thin enough to fit into the lip container bottles to get the last but of product. My other brushes aren't.

Anybody else see the starblast? 20% off the soap, which I'm totally going to use when mine is gone. I don't know why, but it's just so easy to use, I now clean my brushes everyday. I'm not sure what the difference in my mind is between that and my regular brush cleaner in a bottle lol.

But, also in the starblast-mentioned brand new starbox format in April? Anybody have any news about that?? Would that be customizable?

I loved the Starblast because I certainly wasn't 100% sure how to use this brush soap.  It looks super easy and I can't wait to use it.

Anybody else see the starblast? 20% off the soap, which I'm totally going to use when mine is gone. I don't know why, but it's just so easy to use, I now clean my brushes everyday. I'm not sure what the difference in my mind is between that and my regular brush cleaner in a bottle lol.

But, also in the starblast-mentioned brand new starbox format in April? Anybody have any news about that?? Would that be customizable?
I noticed that bit about the new format, I am kinda nervous! I already love them as is, lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. It would be interesting if they made it more customizable though. Hope they send more info soon!

someone on a Canadian Swap FB group mentioned that when she cancelled, they sent her an email saying that if she chose to stay, the format was changing. They mentioned it being customizable and having a lower shipping cost.

Back