Starlooks November 2014 (SPOILERS)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meganola, if you want to sell your box from this month, I might be interested in buying it.  I did not update my cc info in time and had a lost card this month.  

Shipping notice, but no box yet. I did check out the loyalty program (btw, hi guys, long time but i'm back) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  and it seems like not as good a deal but they are doing what they can to make up to folks - ie, if you were a continous subscriber you can turn in 250 points for 35$ off $45.   I can understand why they'd want to make sure there was some purchase. Honestly the old program was a little too good to be true, and I do want them to remain in business. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah, I have a lot of bittersweet feelings about the rewards program now. I feel weirdly entitled to how much we had been spoiled and its hard to not be bummed out that these changes have happened. Ultimately, for the company, its probably better in the long run.
The biggest thing I am bummed out about is the birthday reward now. What use to be a randomly curated box (a couple random items) its now a coupon for 12$ off a purchase. In many cases that will get you 1 free item or almost 1 free item (give or take a dollar or two) but I genuinely loved the birthday surprise aspect. I would rather have a random curated box of sample sizes than picking 1 full sized one as my gift. But again, that's just a sadness stemming from being so spoiled before.

All in all, they ARE still offering a lot of rewards to their customers (FAR MORE THAN IPSY, there I said it!) and the only things that give me pause with the company is the fact that they use to boast "online only to keep costs down for customers" and now they are opening up mall stores.....AND our brow kit from last month was lower value than what they use to promise us our boxes would be worth (they use to boast " each box is a 35-99$ value" and the brow kit sells for 31$ on their site) these sorts of things start making me cautious of a company "selling out" for profits alone.

That being said, while I am still coming to terms with the changes my Nov box is suppose to be here tomorrow and I seriously can't wait. Last month was the only box in nearly a year I have not enjoyed but the theme this month looks so pretty! I love my Starlooks lippies (in all forms), eye liners and the blushes sooooo much! Hope we get one of those!

For some reason, my tracking number doesn't work-doesn't even say info received, just keeps saying not found since Thursday. Anybody have this issue?

Yeah, I have a lot of bittersweet feelings about the rewards program now. I feel weirdly entitled to how much we had been spoiled and its hard to not be bummed out that these changes have happened. Ultimately, for the company, its probably better in the long run.

The biggest thing I am bummed out about is the birthday reward now. What use to be a randomly curated box (a couple random items) its now a coupon for 12$ off a purchase. In many cases that will get you 1 free item or almost 1 free item (give or take a dollar or two) but I genuinely loved the birthday surprise aspect. I would rather have a random curated box of sample sizes than picking 1 full sized one as my gift. But again, that's just a sadness stemming from being so spoiled before.

All in all, they ARE still offering a lot of rewards to their customers (FAR MORE THAN IPSY, there I said it!) and the only things that give me pause with the company is the fact that they use to boast "online only to keep costs down for customers" and now they are opening up mall stores.....AND our brow kit from last month was lower value than what they use to promise us our boxes would be worth (they use to boast " each box is a 35-99$ value" and the brow kit sells for 31$ on their site) these sorts of things start making me cautious of a company "selling out" for profits alone.

That being said, while I am still coming to terms with the changes my Nov box is suppose to be here tomorrow and I seriously can't wait. Last month was the only box in nearly a year I have not enjoyed but the theme this month looks so pretty! I love my Starlooks lippies (in all forms), eye liners and the blushes sooooo much! Hope we get one of those!
Spoiler?? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For some reason, my tracking number doesn't work-doesn't even say info received, just keeps saying not found since Thursday. Anybody have this issue?
Right over here. I'm waiting a few more days before I send email asking what's happening just in case the tracking is broken but the package is in fact on the way.

Right over here. I'm waiting a few more days before I send email asking what's happening just in case the tracking is broken but the package is in fact on the way.
Glad to know that's it's not just me. Usually SL is great with tracking...and I swear, it didn't say this on Friday, so it's more than likely the PO.

Spoiler Time!
*Sorry guys, mine DID come yesterday but I was very distracted by Homework. I LOVE all the goodies though, they will work great for me! 

1907867_10152801362641702_662211144505945869_n.jpg

the Lip Liner is their new matte longwear formula in "Terri's Choice" and it is a BEAUTIFUL, soft berry purple that I love. I took lots of lip photos because of such haha.My eye makeup in the photos is NOT Starlooks however.

There is also a glitter it "Quartz" and it is very pretty (Im not a fan of their glitter packaging but the formula is really good) Light pinky/silver/golden micro glitter with shimmer. My swatch is over Glitter Glue.

And lastly a Longwear Pot eyeliner in "Wyld" (There is a variation this month, some people will get "Star Dust" instead of "Wyld") I LOVE this color too. Its not gold like the yellow one we got a few months back. In person this looks very pinky champagne. Its a very soft color and, as always, the longwear pot eyeliners glide on super smooth and I just love them.

We also got a few gemstones for fun and the ever famous crystal is quite large this month for me!

:)

That color is gorgeous but did it feather around your lips?
I didn't notice any real feathering (the photos up there aren't the best and I rush applied)

Also I have to take a moment to rave about their CS.

I posted my box to my personal FB yesterday and a distanced friend of mine decided to join. However, this friend forgot to use my referral link (she didn't know it made a difference) BUT she listed my name in her sign-up form. Now the problem is that my FB name (the one she used) is not the same name I use on my Starlooks account. So I assumed the referral has gone out the window, oh well. Then I remembered how great Starlooks customer service has been and I figured "what the heck" Ill email them anyways. I explained the situation to them and they sent me back a message today saying that they would make an exception this time and give me a free month (refunding my Nov starbox) but in the future to make sure they follow the link.

I was shocked, I honestly didn't expect anything but a polite "Sorry, we have no genuine way to prove the info and next time use make sure to use the link!" message. The fact that they still gave me the referral is fantastic CS, seriously. Things like this help me feel a little less nervous about all the changes .

Shipping notice, but no box yet. I did check out the loyalty program (btw, hi guys, long time but i'm back) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  and it seems like not as good a deal but they are doing what they can to make up to folks - ie, if you were a continous subscriber you can turn in 250 points for 35$ off $45.   I can understand why they'd want to make sure there was some purchase. Honestly the old program was a little too good to be true, and I do want them to remain in business. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Welcome back!

Spoiler Time!

*Sorry guys, mine DID come yesterday but I was very distracted by Homework. I LOVE all the goodies though, they will work great for me! 

1907867_10152801362641702_662211144505945869_n.jpg

the Lip Liner is their new matte longwear formula in "Terri's Choice" and it is a BEAUTIFUL, soft berry purple that I love. I took lots of lip photos because of such haha.My eye makeup in the photos is NOT Starlooks however.

There is also a glitter it "Quartz" and it is very pretty (Im not a fan of their glitter packaging but the formula is really good) Light pinky/silver/golden micro glitter with shimmer. My swatch is over Glitter Glue.

And lastly a Longwear Pot eyeliner in "Wyld" (There is a variation this month, some people will get "Star Dust" instead of "Wyld") I LOVE this color too. Its not gold like the yellow one we got a few months back. In person this looks very pinky champagne. Its a very soft color and, as always, the longwear pot eyeliners glide on super smooth and I just love them.

We also got a few gemstones for fun and the ever famous crystal is quite large this month for me!

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That lip color looks great on you! I cant wait to get my box I think that liner will go well with the Hikari lipstick from Ipsy.

I'm so much happier with this box than last months, the lip color is very vampy, and I've been loving golden eyes and berry lips lately so this is awesome. Not sure how much use I have for the glitter, but who knows, maybe a theme party will come up.

Weird.  Shipping label created on the 14th.  Gone from USPS's database -- completely gone, as in it looked like it hadn't even been created -- for a couple of days.  Now it's back.  Accepted by USPS on the 18th, departed Anaheim on the 19th, will probably be here in the 21st.

Back