Starlooks September 2014 (spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!!  I just got my Starblast Email showing what's inside the box.

Link to StarBlast with Pics

Kind of a dud month for me.  It just seems like a boring set of things this time.  I'll have to see how I like the eye shadow.  Who knows, Starlooks has a way of surprising me. I might wind up loving it all.  

I'm happy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> With all of it!

No duplicates for me and more than one item I would LOVE to add to my collection! Yay!
I am happy with mine as well (except for the one item - but I knew that was going to happen at some point - lol)

I like how they did the eyes in the tutorial.

The eye look in the star blast is very pretty. I've started pulling out my palette from last December again lately. I'm looking forward to getting lots of use out of it this fall and winter.

I got my star blast before I even got a shipping notification.

The only thing I'm really not sure about is that lip liner. I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but I strongly dislike neutral/pale lip colors. (actually, I pretty much hate them on everyone- but to each their own) anyway- I won't make too  much of a judgement on it yet because I haven't seen it in person. AND on the fake lashes plus side, at least they aren't ridiculous. They may serve a (halloween) purpose for me.

I am in love with the eyeshadow and eyeliner! I'm also really excited about the lashes. (I know I'm probably the only one, but I've seriously been needing a good pair for awhile now) The lip liner looks gorgeous too. Overall, this box is a win for me.

I am kind of bummed that I started on this month and missed the blush palette by one box. I was hoping for something along those lines of "wow" factor, but there's always next box!

My box arrived a day early, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the lip pencil!  It looks *nothing* like the Starblast.  That one looked like a pastel orchid.  This one looks like something that will be a solid choice for workday mornings.  I tend to change my lip color about five times a day, but I do like to go with something...  softer and calmer in the mornings because bright lip color is a bit hard for others to deal with (*they're* the ones seeing it, after all) at ass o'clock in the morning on the bus.  Once the coffee kicks in, then I can go brighter, but this is a great out-the-door color.  (And Tan Glow is woefuly misnamed.  It should be called Sand Glow.)

I just got my box in the mail this afternoon. The shadow is a dupe of one of the shadows in the new year's eve 2013 pallette. But WOW that liner! It did not show up real well on my lower lashline so I tried it over the shadow and can I say again WOW! I also don't hate the lip pencil with a clear gloss over the top. The lashes well they will sit forever. I would have to say again the star of the box for me is the pencil. Over all not a great box but not horrific either. Just so so.

If you want a sneak peak for October go to GlowofGrace's YouTube channel. She just ut it upshe will be curating it.

I just got my box in the mail this afternoon. The shadow is a dupe of one of the shadows in the new year's eve 2013 pallette. But WOW that liner! It did not show up real well on my lower lashline so I tried it over the shadow and can I say again WOW! I also don't hate the lip pencil with a clear gloss over the top. The lashes well they will sit forever. I would have to say again the star of the box for me is the pencil. Over all not a great box but not horrific either. Just so so.
I actually felt this eyeshadow had better pigmentation than the NYE one, this one is a tad bit creamer with better shimmer.

I LOVE the Kohl pencil, *not surprised*

The Lip Liner looks like total poo on me color-wise but It will make an excellent base and I needed more neutral base colors

The Lashes are welcome for me, I wear them for events and costumes throughout the year and with Halloween and my Birthday coming up, they will be loved!

Nope, not the brightest OMG box this month but certainly a winner for me.

still no box!!  My tracking hasn't moved since the label was created on the 22nd!  boo.

can someone post swatches?  thanks

If you want a sneak peak for October go to GlowofGrace's YouTube channel. She just ut it upshe will be curating it.
I had an immediate sinking feeling because I had a flashback to Ashley's box in March.  OH HELL NO.  *Still* pissed about that one.  But!

Brow kit with guides!

Excellent!  It's a nice solid basic item that I've actually specifically thought about picking up. 

I am liking what I am seeing. Not the most exciting visually, but very useful and something we can all put to use I would say. I'm kind of surprised its not come up before. (PS I liked Ashley's box.... it was the only liner that I have ever had that won't run away from my eyes haha. Wish the lipstick had been a tendergloss though)

It is one of the lower value boxes - think they might toss in that lip gloss she is wearing?  I LOVE that!

Back