Straight Mica?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Jennifer2k89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well, I know that they won't stick, but how is the color payoff? Is it just sheer with a hint of color? Or is it like pigment? Sorry for bothering everyone. = ( The color payoff is great but they don't adhere all day unless you apply them dampened (foiled) or use a eyeshadow base like Urban Decay's or any other.

Sorry for bumping an old post -- I had been doing a search trying to find an answer to this and this was the closest I could find.

I had ordered a few of the micas from CS wanting to use them as shadows and was really excited about the colors.

When I did swatches on my arms to send pics to my sister, I tried a "with primer" and "without primer" example, but the "without primer" brushed completely off as I swatched them, before I could even get the picture taken. Definitely needs primer to get any of it to really stick.

I'm not sure if I didn't make the wet application wet enough (I made my brush damp and it seemed to turn to more of a wet chalk consistency, clumping up into pieces and was semi-difficult to apply -- I didn't make it wet enough to be actual liquidy. I ended up just kind of pressing on the pieces and trying to rub it down so it didn't look like dried and cracked paint clumps on my lids. It did seem brighter than the dry though, but that's probably due to the thicker application.)

They went on bright and half an hour were still staying on ok...(One color was applied dry the other wet, so I could compare) but when I checked in on them at the end of the day, it looked like I hadn't put anything on besides my eyeliner!

I'm wondering if there's any suggestion as to what kind of fillers I can actually add that won't dull the color out too much and will help with the adhesion. (When I read instructions everything says "In order to lighten the color add this" or people just saying "You can add some fillers to it" The only other thing I've seen is that kaolin clay can help with adhesion but it's more for combating oily skin which I don't have a problem with.) My question is WHAT to add to it? Do I just need 1 or 2 things? or do I actually need like a whole science lab of a bunch of fillers and tools? (I know coastal scents sells an "eyeshadow base" but the smallest size they offer is an 8oz package for $25, which a lot more than I need to use my $1 sample mica powders
frown.gif
)

Yeah, You can use it on your eyes. However, there will be no adhesion. It will literally blow off with the wind.

you mix each tablespoon of mica with 1/2-1 teaspoon of a base (which you can make yourself) of kaolin clay and boron nitride. a tablespoon is about 4 5gram pots worth of mica, and i rarely make that much. thats if you want a sparkley e/s....i never wrote down the base for the matte....

Back