Stretched Lobes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I don't like them for myself, but it's up to the person whose ears they are. The only concern I have is that they are a lot harder to hide than say a tattoo for a job. I know this post was written in 2008, so I want to look at the topic six years later. Now, it seems like a lot of people now are starting to get plastic surgery for stretched earlobes because of this trend. I think the trend has lessened now, but there are still people getting gauges. Jobs are definitely changing too. Employers seem to care less and less about those types of things, unless you work in something like banking. I'd be curious to hear everyone's thoughts on this now.

I like them (not too big though, anything over an inch looks unattractive to me.). I've had mine stretched (1/2") for probably like 7 years now. Same amount of time as my facial piercings. I love them all. When I take my plugs out they start to shrink pretty fast, but that's different for everyone and their rate of healing. I love all the different styles you can wear, I have more regular size holes in my ears too so I can still wear cute normal earrings, best of both worlds. I know a lot of people say it's a fad, and for some it is, but I can't see myself removing them. I feel weird if I have to take them out and I walked out of two jobs because they wanted me to take them out and change my style.

I just read that this post was from '08 too, that seems so weird to me! I too would like to find out if people have changed their thoughts on it. I feel like it is pretty accepted in a lot of places moreso now (at least in retail), and I feel like it's less of a trend? Although I don't know,I don't work at Hot Topic anymore, so I wouldn't know the numbers on body jewelry sales/it's popularity in teens/early twenty-somethings.

I love the way stretched lobes look. Mine were stretched to 00g, and if it weren't for my current job, I would stretch them again. I took mine out due to a tear, and they've healed up nicely. 

My opinion on them is...... They are not for me. I personally believe that for boys/guys its not that bad whereas.... Chicks, well, I don't believe it is good. But that's just my opinion. Too big is when the ear lobes go down to around the middle of the neck. But hey....... Like a lot of the other posts said, everyone has their thoughts. Some pics would be cool to see though. Wink wink wink

Had mine 2g for 10 years, then realized I was getting older and couldn't wear pretty earrings unless I modified them. I decided to take them out.. then missed them and re-sretched them. And then took them out again hahaha. 

Back