Summer Secret Santa Swap 2016

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Queennie, I think that Reija draws names and they go in that order.  Maybe if we kept going during the summer months, and say the next person that is supposed to receive the box is going be out of town, maybe the next person could get the box and that person that is out of town would take their place.  Or if you are out of town, you fall to the end of the list. So that way the box does not get held up.

So are we leaning towards no secret santa and just continuing the circular swap? Cause the circular swap is fun but ss swaps are more personal and its nice being surprised, IMO. (Plus I need a bit of time to stock up for the next circular swap.)

I'm in for the summer round.

I agree it will be hard for those taking summer vacations. Maybe after the list is drawn up, each person can submit if/when they are on vacation so everyone can keep that in mind as the box makes its rounds. And then we can agree that you can swap out with the next person in line in order to keep the box going and not miss out. I'm sure there are a lot of ways to manage this, just my thoughts. 

Ok I edited the title of this group. This thread will be for the Summer Secret Santa group.

The secret santa is buying one gift for your "summer secret santa" and mailing it to them after collecting some info and secretly stalking them to make your gift super special.

Please comment if you're interested in participating! 

If you'd rather do the Circular Swap box, the new thread is here: https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/141324-summer-circular-swap-2016/?view=getlastpost

Please comment on that post if you want to sign up. The circular swap is where a box of samples and items gets passed from one person to another where you take what you like and add products to the box. You pay for the box to be shipped to the next person. We'll require that you be VERY responsive to this group since summer vacations, kids camp, and all our schedules can be both very relaxed and hectic during the summer months. We want it to be fun and enjoyable but it's not fun without proper communication.

We should probably set a date for secret santa to get it going. What if we do the drawing on the 1st (tomorrow) and have the deadline for gifts to be received on the 31th of July? Do it through Elfster again? Does that give enough time for shopping/shipping the gifts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe we should just hold off on a secret santa? Because we're all in the summer swap too. I was looking forward to a secret santa but summer swap is bigger and I really don't mind either way. (I love shopping for secret santa though!)

Maybe we should just hold off on a secret santa? Because we're all in the summer swap too. I was looking forward to a secret santa but summer swap is bigger and I really don't mind either way. (I love shopping for secret santa though!)
I am looking forward to it too! Secret Santa is one of my favorite things. I always organize it at work. I'm okay with what you guys want to do as well.

Back