Sunlight is GOOD

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Anya1976 my stash is scary i have to carry it around in a backpack lol i have samples and bottles of lotions it's crazy i have like 6 pairs of eyewear. maybe i will do that tonight after i tan. i'll take pics of my lotions What kind of eyewear do you use? Whenever I tan with eyewhere on I look HORRIBLY racoonish. I can cover it up with concealer, eyeshadow, etc., but even though I think it looks covered, if I look back at pictures it is so obvious!

Originally Posted by ooonitsreekooo What kind of eyewear do you use? Whenever I tan with eyewhere on I look HORRIBLY racoonish. I can cover it up with concealer, eyeshadow, etc., but even though I think it looks covered, if I look back at pictures it is so obvious! If you don't like the goggles, see if they have "WinkEZ" (we say it like 'winkies") they are like oval stickers that you fold into a cone shaped (kind of like a chinese hat) and they stick just around your eyelid/under bottom lash so it's not as big as goggles. Plus they're great for the stand-up tanners, so you don't have the elastic band lines... and they stay on by themselves.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by ooonitsreekooo What kind of eyewear do you use? Whenever I tan with eyewhere on I look HORRIBLY racoonish. I can cover it up with concealer, eyeshadow, etc., but even though I think it looks covered, if I look back at pictures it is so obvious! i use all different kinds of eyewear i have sunsets, special eyez, ultra sunglobes, pro specs, oogles,and peepersthe key is to find the smallest eyewear possible that fits your eyes completely not letting any light in.

but i move my eyewear around on my eye during my sessions so i don't get any defined lines.

i use my ultra sunglobes the most they are the smallest pairs of eyewear i have. wink-ease and viewkeepers are good but i personally don't think they stick that well. and once they are on you cant move them around.

i know you can pick up sunglobes at sally beauty supply but the rest are available at your local salon.

Originally Posted by Anya1976 i use all different kinds of eyewear i have sunsets, special eyez, ultra sunglobes, pro specs, oogles,and peepersthe key is to find the smallest eyewear possible that fits your eyes completely not letting any light in.

but i move my eyewear around on my eye during my sessions so i don't get any defined lines.

i use my ultra sunglobes the most they are the smallest pairs of eyewear i have. wink-ease and viewkeepers are good but i personally don't think they stick that well. and once they are on you cant move them around.

i know you can pick up sunglobes at sally beauty supply but the rest are available at your local salon.

And the sunglobes come in really cute colors! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 And the sunglobes come in really cute colors! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif
lol yes they do mine are purple

When I used to tan (outdoors, never tanning beds), I just had a pair of small oval-shaped sunglasses and I never had a problem with "raccoon eyes" ... of course I never got a very dark tan, if I stay out too much I burn, and even when I'd tan 5-6 days a week for the maximum time I could without turning red, I'd only get a slight tan, barely even enough to get a darker shade of foundation ... however my tummy and legs usually got darker than my face for some reason! (My mom always teased me that I didn't tan, I just turned from white to beige! lol)

Heh, um I wear sunscreen and sunglasses year round and in summer if I'm outside for the whole day I carry a parsol. I have very pale skin (think Nicole Kidman pale) and I live in New Zealand -one of the worlds harshest UV environments (the UV index was 12 today, it's not even mid summer yet,in January it gets up to 14). So not wearing sunscreen would be VERY bad for me indeed.

I'd like to see the studies that prove that sunscreens cause more cancer than the sun does?

I do worry about not getting any Vitamin D though :S I'll have to have a chat with my doctor about that one...

And those magazines always advise people to be dilligent about wearing sunscreen every single day. Not like I ever listened anyway.

icon_redface.gif
<-- sunning!

Back