Synthetic Brushes Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by kaylin_marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif oooh ok, thanks girls, I had never really looked into it before. That thing about pumping lipstick into the rabbits is awful, I never thought it was that extreme. Yes, it really is that extreme. They also shave patches of hair off of the animals and apply corrosive chemicals, put it in their eyes to test for irritation, and even pump some animals full of poisons to see at what dose it becomes lethal. It's really not pretty... and I can't stand to think of putting an animal through that just so I can look pretty
scared.gif
. They don't just use rabbits and mice either. Guinea pigs, fish, pigs, monkeys, sheep, cats, ferrets, birds... Some shelters will even send animals to testing facilities.
But yeah, back on topic... I know Alima has synthetic brushes that have gotten good reviews. I also just ordered a synthetic flat top from Aubrey Nicole, they also have a synthetic kabuki and powder brushes. Everyday Minerals' brushes are made with real hair, but they claim that it was obtained humanely.

I'm about to take the brush info we have here so far and put it into the main post. TY guys.

Originally Posted by rejectstar /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, it really is that extreme. They also shave patches of hair off of the animals and apply corrosive chemicals, put it in their eyes to test for irritation, and even pump some animals full of poisons to see at what dose it becomes lethal. It's really not pretty... and I can't stand to think of putting an animal through that just so I can look pretty
scared.gif
. They don't just use rabbits and mice either. Guinea pigs, fish, pigs, monkeys, sheep, cats, ferrets, birds... Some shelters will even send animals to testing facilities.
But yeah, back on topic... I know Alima has synthetic brushes that have gotten good reviews. I also just ordered a synthetic flat top from Aubrey Nicole, they also have a synthetic kabuki and powder brushes. Everyday Minerals' brushes are made with real hair, but they claim that it was obtained humanely.

Wow, that's horrible, what companies do we know of does animal testing?

Fyrinnae has some synthetic brushes. I should put that in the main post lol

EDM has a good Taklon concealer brush. I'm hoping to get their synthetic foundation brush when I get a full-size kit (right now I've been buying samples and tried the concealer brush with my last set of samples).

I have to confess I'm one of those people who believes animal testing is horrible but I am lazy about investigating whether the products I use were tested on animals. Thanks, momokins, for making us all more aware of this abhorrent practice!

btw- cruelty free does NOT mean synthetic.

my dior brushes are not synthetic and on their website say cruelty free brushes.

Thanks for the reminder brewgrl, I hope that was made sufficiently clear in the top post

Just want to add that I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lumiere's synthetic brushes. I have the kabuki (my fave) and two flat tops. The synthetic flat top is wonderful but I find myself preferring the kabuki only because it has a bigger brush for easier, quicker application.

I just ordered this new vegan/synthetic flat top from Forever Female which looks awesome. Can't wait to receive it!

I am looking for cruelty free brushes, but I am a little confused.

MAC for example is cruelty free, as PETA says, but a lot of their brushes are animal hair.

And ebay seller bunbuncity says that no animals were harmed while producing their animal hair brushes.

Can I trust them? How do I know that their statements are true?

Since I started on MMU I got interested in different brushes... So I decided to stick with synthetics... My first is the full size kabuki from Silk Naturals, now I have their baby kabuki... I'm waiting for my Lumiere prebuy

Lily Lolo's kabuki is synthetic and I just bought B Never Too Busy to be Beautiful's e/s brush - all their brushes are vegan (as is all their make up) and they are so sparkly and pretty too. Oh and it's a fab brush.

I realize that this is a terribly old thread, but I'm *always* on the lookout for awesome synthetic/vegan makeup tools!

Some of my favorites:

Alima (though I realize they've already been mentioned in this thread!)

OCC (I probably reach for these and my Alima brushes the most often)

Silk "Green Line" (my newest set of brushes and so far I'm pretty impressed!)

Which brands are striking your fancies lately?   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back