Taking Make-up off

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about something for combo skin that's oil-free and can be used with a cotton ball? Like a toner, but it's a make-up remover.

Originally Posted by Naturally DHC has a fabulous product called Deep Cleansing Oil (and doesn't make you break out). Heyyyy, I love DHC, I think that cleansing oil is awesome. The best one I've tried till now. I would like to try the Shu Uemura cleansing oil, I've heard it's the best.

I use plain old Dove soap to remove make-up. I tried using make-up removers in the past but they tended to be too greasy or they didn't just didn't remove all traces of my eye make-up. Should I be using something besides soap?

I also YSL Toning & Cleansing Water which takes off makeup (except w/p mascara) and is totally oil free and quite soothing. HTH

Originally Posted by Joyeuux
M4TK_261.jpg

I love love love LOVE MAC's Cleanse Off Oil. It doesn't irritate my eyes and takes ALL of my makeup off at night, face & eyes, including waterproof products. I like the fact that it turns into a milky foam when it hits water.
smile.gif
Leaves my skin feeling super smooth.

that does sound good...I use baby wipes right now to take off all my makeup but I have to rub my lashes a lot to get all that mascara off. I also have Lancomoe´s Bi Facil eye makeup remover but I don´t think it´s all that great and it leaves an oily residue
so the Cleanse Off Oil really works for eye makeup too? but MAC has a special eye mu-remover too, right? have you tried it?

I use baby wipes as well but they just don't work on mascara. I wish I could find something that wasn't oily. The ones with oil make my lids dry and then they crack.

Trisha - how many pumps do u use? I understand on an average one should use 3 or 4 pumps. I have only been using 1 and I am told it is not enough???

Okay, don't think I'm wierd or anything, but I use plain old fashioned olive oil. I haven't ever been able to use any type of eye makeup remover, they all make me itchy and puffy. Hey, olive oil was good enough for Cleopatra right?
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I don't know if you can get it in the UK, but Purpose by Johnson & Johnson is awesome stuff. It's a face wash that's gentle enough to take off eye makeup as well. It's available at drug stores.

For the DHC oil, like Kim said, a little goes a long way. I use it every night and 1 pump is plenty for each use.

Originally Posted by Jen Where do you get the DHC Cleansing Oil?

Originally Posted by Arielle so the Cleanse Off Oil really works for eye makeup too? but MAC has a special eye mu-remover too, right? have you tried it? I use MAC's Eye MU remover and it really works. Takes off all of my eye make-up. Works greats for mascara and fluidlines.

i use baby lotion 2 get my MU off lol, but if u want something thats not scented try using the brand Simple, the facial wipes are ment to be really good.

I love Clinique's "Take The Day Off" for eye makeup removal. It takes off waterproof like a dream. Just use with a cotton ball, then rinse eye area with water. It's also great to remove long lasting lipstick shades. Be sure you shake it up first, though.

i tried the MAC cleanse off oil & my skin feels too dry-ish afterwards!!! not soft and moisturized so i guess i won't be using it
icon_cry.gif
my skin must be too dry for oils? [i do use Philosophys Purity Made Simple tho, which has oils in it] I guess I just need more moisture, i'm bummed i didn't go over well.

clarins one-step facial cleanser or mac wipes do the job

Originally Posted by Marisol I use MAC's Eye MU remover and it really works. Takes off all of my eye make-up. Works greats for mascara and fluidlines.

Back