Talk to me about eyeshadow textures

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have pretty much got the color thing down, but how do different textures (ex, matte vs, shimmer or whatever) do to change the look? is there an occasion where one is preferred over another like daytime or night? Can I waer matte shadows at the same time as frosts? Does the texture play any role in how the color appears?

Thanx for the imput.

I'm not the best person to even attempt at answering that as I really don't like matte e/s, and wear shimmery ones day or night. I have seen people mix the textures (shimmers & mattes), and they do look good. I think it's a matter of which one is put where. I try not to follow too many "rules" when it comes to makeup as I've learned experimenting is the best thing. What's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.

I like using brown in matte finish because it's good to construct a simple look with a shimmery gold eyeshadow . But other colors, i prefer satiny or shimmery, but not too much

From the MAC website...

EYE SHADOW FINISHES

FROST

An iridescent shine that adds a highlight to any colour.

LUSTRE

Smoothly pearlized; intensely frosted with deluxe ultra-fine "conditioned" finish.

MATTE

Hi-colour pay-off in a no-shine matte finish.

MATTE2

Intense, opaque matte finish with exceptionally rich colour payoff.

SATIN

Pure colour in a satin-style finish. Provides a soft subtle non-frost, light-refractive sheen.

VELUXE

Superfine pigment rich and very luxe. Supple to apply. Provides silky smooth matte finish.

VELUXE PEARL

Vibrantly-toned. Velvety soft. Shimmeringly metallic. Veluxe eye shadow, now overlaid with high-shine pearl.

VELVET

Soft look finish with high-colour intensity. Has a plush velvety look and feel.

I like the shimmer and glow shadows also,,, love to sparkle
rockwoot.gif

i don't like much matte eyeshadows so i wear shimmery/glittery e/s every day, day or night. for a softer look i'll go for satin. i guess it depends on your mood. i'd say a nice shiny pale eyeshadow on the browbone will highlight it better IMO than a matte one.

Latest posts

Back