Target to Launch Beauty Box!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this too!  A quick google brought me to the target facebook timeline, where someone asked recently if there was an update on when they would ship.  Target responded directly with the following:

Hi Jillian - We appreciate your patience. The first batch of Beauty Boxes was mailed last week. The remainder will be shipped this week. Yours should arrive soon. We hope you enjoy it! -Chris

Here's another posting they made on their timeline that might be helpful in case our boxes never seem to ship:

Hi Marisa - The Beauty Boxes should arrive at their destinations in 4-6 weeks from the sign up period. If you received a confirmation number and do not receive yours within 6 weeks, please email our Style team at [email protected]. Thanks! -Mike

Originally Posted by SiriusDreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Here's another posting they made on their timeline that might be helpful in case our boxes never seem to ship:

Hi Marisa - The Beauty Boxes should arrive at their destinations in 4-6 weeks from the sign up period. If you received a confirmation number and do not receive yours within 6 weeks, please email our Style team at [email protected]. Thanks! -Mike
Today is exactly 6 weeks since I got the confirmation email... we'll see if there's anything waiting for me when I get home =)

I

Today is exactly 6 weeks since I got the confirmation email... we'll see if there's anything waiting for me when I get home =)
I kind of forgot about this! Now I'm super-excited to get home and check my mail!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received mine today! Items and a picture under the spoiler...

• Venus & Olay (1 razor and 1 cartridge)
  • Sally Hansen - Salon Effects Nail Strips (16 strips)
  • Fakkai - Glossing Cream (2 oz)
  • La Roche - Posay - Effaclar Duo (0.17 0z, foil)
  • L'oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream in Light (0.025 fl oz, foil)
  • A coupon for $3.00 off a $15.00 beauty purchase
  •  

Not a wonderful box, but for 5 bucks isn't bad at all...I just have a great expectation about this subscription and for taking so long, I was waiting for something better to come .
icon_rolleyes.gif
 I know people will reproach me but was I was expecting...

Originally Posted by blushingsooner /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hate hate hate that l'oreal bb cream.  It makes me look like an oompa loompa.
Yes, it has quite the orange glow...  I was more excited with the free samples little bags that were free at Facebook.

I don't feel ripped off since it was only $5, but nothing new and exciting included. 

Guys, don't be so quick to dismiss the box! 
I just got mine and I think this box was AWESOME considering what you get! Let's look at the value here:

Venus Razor - worth around $8.50 at Target
Sally Hansen Polish Strips - worth $8.99 at Target
Already I felt like the box was great after taking this into account, but then I looked up the price of the glossing cream..
4 oz of the glossing cream is worth 25 whole dollars, so basically, the tube of glossing cream itself is worth $12.50.
Not counting the samples, the coupon and the free shipping, if you were to go to Target.com and order these items on their own(even though I didn't see the glossing cream on the Target website), you would pay around $30! That's an INSANE value. Target has definitely won me over. I know the box doesn't look like much, but when you see how much you saved, maybe your mind will change :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

By the way, did everyone get different polish strips? Here are mine:

Originally Posted by HayleeAstley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not counting the samples, the coupon and the free shipping, if you were to go to Target.com and order these items on their own(even though I didn't see the glossing cream on the Target website), you would pay around $30! That's an INSANE value. Target has definitely won me over. I know the box doesn't look like much, but when you see how much you saved, maybe your mind will change :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I totally agree. This box pays for itself many times over, particularly since shipping was included. $5 is a GREAT deal, even if you only use one of the three main items.

I just got my box today. I LOVE it. Definitely worth the $5. 

The Fekkai Glossing Cream is actually bigger than the travel sized one I have from Ulta ($9 there). The Ulta one is only 1.6 oz and this one is 2 oz. That alone is worth more than double the price of the box. 

I was hoping to get a good pack of the nail polish strips. I've been wanting to try them. I'm so happy with the color I got (black with silver and gold glitter). I'm pretty picky with nail polish colors so I was so happy to get these. Here's what they look like on:

They were a little harder to apply than I thought, but not too bad. I did put a top coat over them because they wanted to peel up around the edges.

The razor was pretty awesome too. I actually use that kind already, but my handle is getting kind of old and needed replaced anyways. 

I'm definitely signing up if they do a monthly thing.

Ohh, I love the black/gold/silver nail strips! Hope they are in my Target bag.

Got my box! 

I'm kind of bummed the BB cream is in light.. gonna have to pass that one along to someone else, but I'll get some sort of use out of the rest of it! Not bad for $5  

I'm most anxious to find out what pattern my nail strips are! Of course I'm out of town until at least next Saturday, so I have no way of even knowing if mine has arrived or not. The suspense!

Back