Tartan- Love it or Hate it?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love tartan, but only on skirtsbagsjacket. And only one piece in the outfit, and absolutely not mixed with other pattern or diff kind of tartan. Love pleated red tartan mini skirts.

It just depends...some nice and some very awful just like with other patterns. I love the coat in the 3rd picture though. I love long coats.

Originally Posted by Bec688 /img/forum/go_quote.gif As long as too much isn't used, it can look good. One piece of tartan can look quite smart and classy, too much, woah overload! Yep!

the skirts are ok..i would pair it with a fitted white tee or a black shirt/sweater..but i'm not feelin it in tops. reminds me of school girls or somethin..lol

I love that black and white coat! I really want one that style for winter.

I used to have a jumper style dress in the 90's!!! oh gawsh. Back then I also had a red/black mini and I loved it with black top and opague tights and chunky heels.

I used to be plaid-o-phobic. As has been pointed out by others, in small doses its great. I have a black and red tartan skirt that's great, but some of those dresses were just too plaid.

Originally Posted by Sirvinya /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'm getting flashbacks to the 90s!
I think plaid/tartan is a regional thing. It's called tartan over here.

Wiki actually says plaid is a type of blanket and tartan is the pattern.

It's tartan here too.A lot of people say plaid- especially when talking about flannel, but it's still tartan.

You really hear it called tartan around Irish/Scottish families or neighborhoods; they have their family tartan's flying all over, lol!

I wanted to find a pic of Posh in a high waisted tartan skirt, but I could not see it anywhere. She looked really classy in it.

I loove tartan! i especially love the last three outfits, i would definitely wear them.

Is it this picture of Victoria Rosie? [the middle one?]

I like it and I can just see it my mum's wardrobe! lol, we are quite proud of our scottish ancestry.

I saw that chick from Sex and the City wearing it. Ummm... What's her face, I keep thinking Jessica Simpson, but I know that's not it!!!

I like the black and white coat one only cuz I have one similar, but not so much the others...

Yea what is up with putting tartans in full dresses/ruffle shirts? = too much ... confusing to my eyes...

And as shirts, don't they remind you of farmers...? ^^;

thanks Nuri! yes those were the type of skirt I was thinking of. i think she wears a green one sometimes too, I couldn't find pictures of anything similar at ALL though! I really do love high waisted skirts
biggrin.gif

Oh I think some of them are nice...think the pattered leggings are a bit too much...like it better with solid color hose...I would wear some of them..

Back