• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tarte Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tarte's having a sample sale right now. A couple of their pallets are on sale. Quite a few of their mascaras and cheek stains are on sale for $10. I have a couple of their eyeshadow pallets and they have a good color payoff and very little fallout when used with an eye primer.

http://tartecosmetics.com/tarte-shop-cosmetics-sale

I'm on the fence about buying more beauty products. The limited edition eyeshadow pallet and rise and shine lips tain duo are pretty tempting.

I haven't really tried much of Tarte. Is it any good? Any products that you simply cannot live without? 

Their amazonian clay products are supposed to be really good, but I have yet to try them. I have the True Blood limited edition pallet and use it on a daily basis. Their eyeshadows double really well as an eyeliner when used wet. As far as the brand quality,  it's comparable to Urban Decay or Too Faced IMO.

Originally Posted by Imprintwilight /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't really tried much of Tarte. Is it any good? Any products that you simply cannot live without? 

The Amazonian Clay blush is amazeballs. I'm about to hit pan on mine and I never ever ever hit pan on blushes lol. The A.C. full coverage foundation and Maracuja Creaseless Concealer are also awesome. The concealer is hardcore coverage. 

I thought the eyeshadows were okay. They seemed to lack alot of pigmentation in comparison to UD on me. The cheek stain didn't fair well on my oily skin, too sticky. BUT I'm in love with their Emphaseyes aqua gel liner in black. It's truly feels like a gel in pencil form and stays like one too. It's so smooth, dark, and inky jet black. The only had bad thing about it is you can quickly run out of it; bc it's so creamy upon initial application, if you press it on like a regular pencil, you use up way more than needed. For 18 bucks that pencil runs out fast but it's so amazing.

Latest posts

Back