Tarte Holiday 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  QVC is indeed releasing some sets too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

http://www.qvc.com/tarte-Special-Edition-Holiday-4-pc-Amazonian-Clay-Blush-Set-Beauty.product.A237940.html?sc=A237940-Targeted&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-4-_-A237940&catentryImage=http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/a/40/a237940.001?$uslarge$

Just ordered 2; 1 for me and 1 for my sis :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Woohoo!  The only thing I wanted from all of Tarte's holiday sets was the blush set.  I never pulled the trigger because I already have a blush from Tarte almost the same as the pink one and I already have a blush brush I love so it wasn't worth it to me since I only wanted half of the items.

But with this set I know I'll use 3/4 of the blushes and I love those colors!

Must have!  Yay! 
yay.gif

I need that Lipsurgence set. I was thinking abt the collector's set, but I don't think it's worth the money.

I'm definitely interested in the Tarte blush set on QVC! I'm been wanting to try their blushes. I'll wait til they present it on air so I can see the colors. I have the holiday TSV too (I got the item number early) and I'm liking it but not exactly sure all the e/s colors are me. I love their creamy consistency!

I'm definitely interested in the Tarte blush set on QVC! I'm been wanting to try their blushes. I'll wait til they present it on air so I can see the colors. I have the holiday TSV too (I got the item number early) and I'm liking it but not exactly sure all the e/s colors are me. I love their creamy consistency!
Their blushes are amazing. I highly reccomend them. I love them. Think ill be picking up the set WBC is offering today for 49 bucks. Can't make up my mind. I was going to buy a couple Dior lipsticks today for Christmas. But I could easily just substitute the tarte glosses for the Dior lipstick really. So I can't decided. Arrrg choices, choices. I love Tarte, so I do reccomend their blush!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by izzi917 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Their blushes are amazing. I highly reccomend them. I love them. Think ill be picking up the set WBC is offering today for 49 bucks. Can't make up my mind. I was going to buy a couple Dior lipsticks today for Christmas. But I could easily just substitute the tarte glosses for the Dior lipstick really. So I can't decided. Arrrg choices, choices. I love Tarte, so I do reccomend their blush!!!
its suuuuuch a good deal!!! do it!

Gahhhh! I bought the Tarte of giving set from Sephora, love it, but a lot of the eyeshadow shades are similar to the ones I already have in the Tarte puttin' on the glitz set that I scored on sephora earlier this year. I'm eyeing the gorgeous getaways Ulta set and the carried away set they have on the Tarte website. Which one?! Or both? Lol!

Quote: Originally Posted by knightsgirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Gahhhh! I bought the Tarte of giving set from Sephora, love it, but a lot of the eyeshadow shades are similar to the ones I already have in the Tarte puttin' on the glitz set that I scored on sephora earlier this year.

I'm eyeing the gorgeous getaways Ulta set and the carried away set they have on the Tarte website. Which one?! Or both? Lol!

the ULTA set is gorgeous.. i have swatches on my blog :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i suggest getting the Sephora set instead of the old set too.. I should start posting reviews on mainly all of Tarte's holiday sets soon including the QVC on my blog!

If this is somewhere buried in the thread and I missed it I apologize, but has anyone compared the Lipsurgence set this year to last year's? The colors kind of look the same in the box even though they're called something different. I loved last years but don't want to get this year's if they're not that much different all around.

the ULTA set is gorgeous.. i have swatches on my blog :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i suggest getting the Sephora set instead of the old set too.. I should start posting reviews on mainly all of Tarte's holiday sets soon including the QVC on my blog!
Thank you! I think I may have stumbled upon your blog in my googling for swatches lol! I just can't decide if the Ulta sets eyeshadow colors are different enough from the Sephora set that I already got. I think the blushes are the big "sell" for me on the Ulta set, plus that interchangeable compact is adorable!

I keep thinking about the Lipsurgence Holiday set, but not sure how many I can wear. I am warm toned and need yellow based colors. How many of the lippies are for warm tones and how many for cool tones? Thanks in advanced ladies!

Quote: Originally Posted by stefflg79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I keep thinking about the Lipsurgence Holiday set, but not sure how many I can wear. I am warm toned and need yellow based colors. How many of the lippies are for warm tones and how many for cool tones? Thanks in advanced ladies!

Hey, I'm dark skinned and aggressively golden undertoned lol, so here are some swatches for you. I was actually able to wear all of the colours, which I found really crazy since most nudes I wind up having to throw away.

I'm medium with yellow undertones and pigmented lips. I traded away all the nudes. Most of the pinks didn't even show up on me (kinda matched or blended into my natural lip color). I like the "red" colors. Overall, this was probably my more regrettable purchases of the year. At least they traded very well!

Hey, I'm dark skinned and aggressively golden undertoned lol, so here are some swatches for you. I was actually able to wear all of the colours, which I found really crazy since most nudes I wind up having to throw away.    

[@]usofjessamerica[/@] That's what scared me to death about getting this set, cause that's how things usually turn out for me, but I got cause I knew if I didn't like it Sephora has an awesome return policy. I was pleasantly surprised by this, the only colour that I had any issue with was a brown shade that blended right into my lips, it's the third from the top in that picture, and the one right under it which is a cool toned pink, but it was so sheer that I could wear it anyway and it didn't look horrid. Everything else was lovely. I love Tarte but I'm usually disappointed in their stuff cause they don't really have a great shade range for more pigmented ladies, I judge a cosmetics company based on whether or not they have foundations that I can wear, so my love affair with Tarte is pretty much over.

@Prtylitlesyko I ended up gifting or trading a majority because I was too lazy to make a return and liked the ones that DID work enough to keep the whole set. i should've returned it though..but I was super excited about it and really wanted to try lipsurgences anyway!

Back