• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tarte on HauteLook Wednesday, April 24

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by heartshapedbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are two cheek stains that look nice (Dollface and Tickled), but I never thought to actually try these in person and they are final sale.  Hmmmmm. I was really hoping for Flushed, or for their Amazonian Clay foundation!
I bought the Dollface cheek stain when it was on sale at Sephora awhile back. The actual blush in Dollface is probably my all time favorite blush, but it is very hard to get the cheek stain to show up as anything more than a very light, pink shimmer (which is good if you want that look). I still like the Amazonian Clay Blush way more, and it use it pretty much everyday. 

They raised shipping to $8.95?! That's crazy, my last few orders have been $5.95 and I didn't like paying that much! Most of their sales, besides theBalm, are just from the companies' own sale section so why even bother ordering from HL when you can get it direct with samples, GWPs, and fast & free shipping.

Oh well, I got the Hotel Heiress bronzer and the shimmering powder in Rose. I got the Beauty Bag too with this order, so that's how I justified the shipping.. But the shipping raise is soooo NOT cool! $8.95 is too much for just standard shipping.

add: I'm in a blush/bronzer/highlighter kick lately, and I just want to try them all!! LOL

I took a quick look, and yeah, none of the offers struck me as particularly special, given there's a good promo if you buy from their site directly.

I'm glad to have finally gotten the Hotel Heiress (on sale price) though. I've seen it on Sephora and Tarte sale sections, but it's always sold out!

I paid 7.95 yesterday....weird.  Hautelook reminds of MyHabit (though they are focused mostly on apparel & home) and they offer free 3 day shipping and free returns.  I agree that most of their items can be found for the same or less from the original source.

I really like MyHabit, but I wish they had more beauty products. I did buy my ghd from them though, saved $100 and it was here by the end if the week.

I got the romancing the glow palette. I think it'll be my mom's mother's day present, since I haven't gotten her anything. I hope she likes it. 

Back