Ten Adventages Of Eating Raw by Susan Jorg

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was on the raw diet for about a year and I LOVED it. My figure was ideal, my energy was through the roof, I was sleeping well, any trace of BO left and, to keep this safe for work lets just say my boyfriend couldn't get enough of me.
wink.gif
I got spoiled. He did as well as it had the same effect.

We'll be going back on the raw diet once we're making more money. It is pretty expensive, we use to spend about $200 a week on food. We actually did include meats, I stuck to sushi quality fish with the rare occasional lean red meats and he was mostly red meats. There are ways to "cook" meat using acid from lemon juice. It's actually called Carna Cruda. If you're worried about bacteria on the red meats, you can either lightly cook the outside (make a super rare steak) or cut off the meat that's exposed to the air. The bacteria never goes beyond the exposed meat so the stuff inside is safe.

Recently I've been experimenting with Vegan recipes to give us more variety. My main complaint is their usage of salt. I cut salt out all together and use herbs or lemon juice to replace it. I've found that vegan meals tend to be pretty heavy on the salt. You also need to be really careful on the combination of ingredients. Some things do actually come out too rich. And some are pretty heavy on the nuts. I learned I can't handle pine nuts as the flavor is too rich for me and it makes me a bit sick.

What has turned out though is sooo good and you'd be surprised at how filling it is. You will end up needing some tools, like a blender, a food processor, a juicer, a dehydrator (I've yet to get one but I'm itching to try some of the recipes that require this) and some other fairly inexpensive tools.

Bah, now I'm craving my avocado lettuce warps!!! I was making these for my partners mom for awhile and she raved about how amazing they made her feel and the burst of energy they gave her.

BTW, we also feed our cats on the raw meat diet as well. Back in LA we use to make the food.

Back