The Best Antiperspirants (according to real simple magazine)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
0807_road_test_deodorant_8.jpg
Best Solid Antiperspirant: The Winner

Secret Clinical Strength Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant, $10

This nearly prescription-strength formula won’t irritate. Apply it in the p.m. to give the sweat-stopping salts a chance to sink in.

To Buy: At drugstores

0807_road_test_deodorant_3.jpg
Best Solid Antiperspirant: The Runner-Up

Degree Women Invisible Solid, $3

When you sweat, this solid’s moisture-activated capsules release fragrance. “I ran into work late, and I was confident I didn’t smell,†said a tester.

To Buy: At drugstores.

0807_road_test_deodorant_4.jpg
Best Roll-On Antiperspirant: The Winner

Mitchum For Women Dry Roll-On, $4

Testers liked that this roll-on could really go the distance. “Even if I forgot to apply it one morning, I stayed as dry and smelled as clean as when I put it on the day before,†said one.

To Buy: At drugstores

0807_road_test_deodorant_1.jpg

Best Roll-On Antiperspirant: The Runner-Up

Dry Idea Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant, $4.50

“It’s deceptively mild,†a tester said, “but it worked when my body needed it.†This roll-on feels wet when applied, but once it dries, even heavy sweat won’t break through.

0807_road_test_deodorant_7.jpg
Best Gel or Cream Antiperspirant: The Winner

Dry Idea Clear Gel Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant, $4.50

Gel users like to avoid white streaks on their clothing, and with this they don’t have to sacrifice wetness control.

I dont think we have a single one of those brands in australia. Isnt that weird?

Thanks for that info, I like Lady Mitchum but after using it for a while it seemed like it stopped working (or maybe I just got sweatier??) Well now I use Ban, the one in the green container (and I actually think it's unisex) and it seems to work really well.

Dove and Yves Rocher make great deodorants. Try the health food store for a natural alum-free antiperspirant.

Latest posts

Back