The best drugstore foundation for oily skin

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on the days i use the MoM, i put it on first, then my moisturizer, then my concealer/foundation and proceed as normal.  i put some into a small spray bottle and spritz about 5 pumps onto a round makeup sponge.  i think others might just spray directly onto their face?  i think i saw someone on youtube do that.  

i concentrate my efforts on my eyelids as they tend to be oilier than the rest of my face, but i do put it all over.  don't use too much because if you do you'll have a white chalky face.  you can buff that out a bit with your sponge though.  and it's pretty cheap if it works for you - about $4 USD a bottle.

kris

It's in the medicine section, where they have generic tylenol and motrin, generic meds for stomach ache etc.

Manhattan Make Up Mat Foundation sadly all the shades are have yellow or olive undertones :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Looking for another Drugstore makeup that has a true matte - velvety finish foundation 

I use one of the Rimmel pressed powders. I don't have it in here with me, and I'm lazy, but it says "matte" on the back. I also use the Dollar Tree version of Milk of Magnesia on hot or very humid days, but I wash that stuff off as soon as I get home, or I get cystic acne. As long as I cleanse thoroughly and don't leave it on over 12 hours, I'm good. I moisturize before the MoM.

My steps are:

-drag myself out of bed

-cleanse face, tone,brush teeth

-moisturize/eye serum

- Milk of Magnesia

-get dressed while it dries

- makeup as usual

I only apply the MoM to my forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin, as I don't want it to dry around my eyes and make my WRINKLES more noticeable.
madno.gif

Originally Posted by melimoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif

well the problem is that the last time i used colorstay ir gave me allergies :l

i want to try it but im afraid it will break me out, its good but im scared and right now i have like 5 systics pimples dont need anymore, well ima let me skin breath first but still

Was it the scent in the product that caused allergies, or just something in the product?

I'm only asking because when I tried colorstay the fragrance made me nauseous the whole day. If it is due to the Fragrance, try the colorstay whipped (In the glass jar), its pretty much the same, nice coverage, great on oily skin, and scent free!

Drugstore wise, Id also suggest Rimmel Matte powder over the Rimmel long lasting foundation, Or Bourjois has a nice mineral matte foundation as well http://www.bourjois.ca/index.cfm?cm=QCCFranchise&ce=details&primaryKey=1&categoryID=0&productID=21

Another vote for Revlon Colorstay :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A tip i did hear for oily skin was to use milk of magnesia.  Just the basic non-flavoured variety!  Because its very chalky if you apply some over your oily areas - only a tiny bit and rub in it - not like turning your face bright chalk white, but to go underneath your foundation, it really helps control the shine.

Clarins everlasting foundation or bare minerals. If you have allergies, I say try the bare minerals matte foundation. Its a powder and gives a super smooth matte finish and it even has a SPF. Impressive :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been useing the Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 and it has done a wonderful job for me. The only place i cant get it to cover is my nose. I think I will try the M O M around my nose.

I actually don't love the colorstay. I have somewhat oily skin. Now I use MAC powder foundation and also bare minerals. No liquid foundation. That's what works best for me at least :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation is great if you have oily skin and are looking for a cream based foundation. CoverGirl CG Smoothers AquaSmooth Compact Foundation is great if you have oily skin and are looking for a cream-to-powder based foundation. L'Oreal True Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation is great if you have oily skin and are looking for powder based foundation.

My skin gets shiny really fast, and what I've found to work best for me is L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder foundation topped with Rimmel Stay Matte powder. That's a relatively full-coverage combo, though, so it's not great for a sheer look.

I just finished a bottle of the Max Factor 3 in 1, which I think is the same thing as Covergirl 3 in 1 because they are the same company (but I'm in Germany right now and we don't get Covergirl here), and I really liked it. I have combination to oily skin, and I used every last drop of it even though it wasn't even a great color match for me and I had to adjust it a bit with a lighter powder. But it lasts all day, looks great for hours! I applied mine with a beauty blender and found it to be really good coverage. 

Back