The Monday Club

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many products are we allowed to involve in the Monday club? I think I can do this.
I would say one or more! I don't think there is a restriction on number. I notice it's more effective if you list only one or two (if one is almost done, for example) for a specific area (like one bronzer, one blush, one highlighter) to make it easier to polish off things if that's your goal. But I listed several lip products rather than just one as I know myself. Of course, had I used only the one sample I'm working to finish for the whole stretch of time, I might have even finished it this past round. But the concept is still helping to reduce the clutter on my counter and is giving me a focus on items to use.

How many products are we allowed to involve in the Monday club? I think I can do this.
As many as you want!  The Monday Club is a way for us to make sure we're rotating through our stashes and using every beauty product we have!  What many of us do is have a "core" group of makeup (like foundation, powder, mascara, eyebrow stuff) that doesn't change.  We continue to use these products until they're completely gone and/or expired (like mascara).  Then we rotate through color products (eyeshadow, lipstick, blush, eyeliner, etc) to make sure we're using our extensive collections.  

Then when we go to rotate again the next week, we can look back at our posts to see what we've used recently so we aren't repeating ourselves. 

(@@meaganola explains all this much better on the first few pages of this thread, if you have the time, feel free to go back and read her awesome explanations!)

Last edited by a moderator:
As many as you want!  The Monday Club is a way for us to make sure we're rotating through our stashes and using every beauty product we have!  What many of us do is have a "core" group of makeup (like foundation, powder, mascara, eyebrow stuff) that doesn't change.  We continue to use these products until they're completely gone and/or expired (like mascara).  Then we rotate through color products (eyeshadow, lipstick, blush, eyeliner, etc) to make sure we're using our extensive collections.  

Then when we go to rotate again the next week, we can look back at our posts to see what we've used recently so we aren't repeating ourselves. 

(@@meaganola explains all this much better on the first few pages of this thread, if you have the time, feel free to go back and read her awesome explanations!)
Thank you! I can definitely do this!

Benefit Porefessional face primer

Bare Minerals Original Foundation

Benefit Rockateur Blush

Temptu Highlighter

Tarte Smooth Operator fishing powder

Ulta lip gloss (Its shade is either 06 or 90. I can't decide which way is up, lol.)

Nyx Champagne & Caviar eye shadow palette

Urban Decay 24/7 liner in zero

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara

Elf eyebrow duo

EOS lip balm

Ponds night cream

Tarte eye cream

Tarte maracuja oil

La Natura Avocado body butter

Oribe Shampoo

IMG_0968.JPG

Face

Primer: Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro (depotted)*

Foundation: Bourjois Heathy Mix Radiance Reveal* mixed with Maybelline WaterGel BB Cream*

Blush: Hello Waffle - Rose-Coloured Glasses

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte*

Eyes

Primer: theBalm Put A Lid On It (depotted)*

Shadow: stila - In the Light palette, Aromaleigh - Coatlicue, Darling Girl - Lefty-Loo Who

Liner: stila - Starfish Smudge Stick

Lips

Revlon Lip Butter - Berry Smoothie*

Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss - Pink Whisper*

Fyrinnae Lip Lustre - Pygmy Hippo

Fragrance: Bvlgari - Jasmin Noir sample

*Project Pan
I enjoy the photos!

I realize that I have two additional categories I could list here (not in the swing of this yet, though I love to come peek at what others tend to use regularly). I have my 'purse stuff' which is usually a few lip products, plus, that I use to quickly touch up during the day, and my 'makeup bag stuff' - separate from my 'counter stuff' only because I might, time to time, have something that is a bit more portable that I'll throw in there rather than doubling what I have on the counter or moving an item between the two every day < a pain!

I mention this because I just finished off all that extends in the bullet (all that is left is the part in the base; I'll have to fish for it with a lip brush to use the rest, if I want) of my 'purse' Revlon lip butter in Pink Truffle. It was a handy one for touch-ups - moisturizing and neutral with any look, but using a lip brush in that context is a no-go. So, this week it goes onto the 'counter'. Clinique Different Lipstick in Tenderheart moves from 'makeup bag' to 'purse' but I haven't chosen a makeup bag replacement for it.

The rest of my 'counter' list is unchanged (p56). I didn't even finish the Genefique serum because I like the Silk Naturals one better - naughty! Trying again this week. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The eye shadows I chose to use I really have enjoyed so I'm thinking of keeping this combination for this week:

SN mineral eye shadow - Flash

Alima satin matte eye shadow - Cocoa sample

Alima luminous shimmer eye liner - Koan sample

The combination isn't earth-shattering, but the brown Cocoa with the smoky grey Koan (technically eyeliner) on the shimmery light sand Flash (similar to BE Nude Beach) has grown on me, where my typical is all browns (if I use more than a wash) on a light nude, tied in with a copper/orange if anything.

tumblr_niheihu70M1u5367zo1_1280.jpg

Here is my "Monday" club for days 20-30 of No-Buy!

MAKEUP
Too Faced Jingle all the Way Phone Palette
Ardell Brow Kit in Medium
GOSH brow gel
Urban Decay foil sample of primer potion
MUFE HD blush sample card
BITE best bite set
MAC cranberry lipliner
Rimmel Vinyl gloss
TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
L'oreal Voluminous Naturale mascara
Maybelline Dream Matte powder
Rimmel Stay Matte (for under-eyes)
Annabelle Stay Sharp liner

Other
BODY WASH: MAC naked honey
CANDLE: Bath and Body Works gourmet espresso
SCRUB: epice microderma
LOTION: Walk in the Woods B&BW
FACE WASH: St Ives Green Tea Cleanser

Yay!!
My rules are:
If I want to use a different eyeshadow, I can only use a single (will encourage me to look for and use my e/s singles!) 
I can switch up the liner 3 times in these 10 days.

tumblr_niheihu70M1u5367zo1_1280.jpg

Here is my "Monday" club for days 20-30 of No-Buy!

MAKEUP

Too Faced Jingle all the Way Phone Palette

Ardell Brow Kit in Medium

GOSH brow gel

Urban Decay foil sample of primer potion

MUFE HD blush sample card

BITE best bite set

MAC cranberry lipliner

Rimmel Vinyl gloss

TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer

L'oreal Voluminous Naturale mascara

Maybelline Dream Matte powder

Rimmel Stay Matte (for under-eyes)

Annabelle Stay Sharp liner

Other

BODY WASH: MAC naked honey

CANDLE: Bath and Body Works gourmet espresso

SCRUB: epice microderma

LOTION: Walk in the Woods B&BW

FACE WASH: St Ives Green Tea Cleanser

Yay!!

My rules are:

If I want to use a different eyeshadow, I can only use a single (will encourage me to look for and use my e/s singles!) 

I can switch up the liner 3 times in these 10 days.
I love seeing the pics! Good luck!

January 21 - 30 Product Focus
  • Body Wash: Body Shop Moringa and Lollia At Last
  • Lotion: Tokyomilk/Dark Yesterday and Bliss Grapefruit and Aloe
  • Perfume: Clean Original, Atelier Trefle Pur and Bill Blass Nude
  • Primer (Face): Cover FX
  • Primer (eyes): From the Lab
  • Foundation: Philosophy A to Z cream (until it's gone) & Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream
  • Concealer: LMDB
  • Setting Powder: IT cosmetics Bye, Bye Pores setting powder
  • Blush: Laura Mercier blush palette
  • Highlighter: NARS Illuminator in Orgasm and highlighter from the blush palette
  • Mascara: Sheer Cover
  • Eyeliner: Cynthia Rowley Silver, Julep Stargazer Set
  • Eyeshadow: Julep Eye Sheen in Dusty Taupe (only about a days worth left!), Warm Fig, Inika Mineral Eyeshadow Eternal Marine, LMDB True Color Eyeshadow in Peachy Keen and Goldstone, Loreal Infallible All Night Blue and Nyx Mineral Eye Shadow Sky Pink Pearl.
  • Lip Color: Juice Beauty Pink Gloss, Model Co Lip Duo, NARS New Lover, OCC Lip Tar in Black Dahlia and Memento.
  • Nail Polish: Clinique Black Honey, Urban Decay Addiction, Illamasqua Viridian, Butter London All Hail the Queen and Julep Luna

Last edited by a moderator:
January 21 - 30 Product Focus
  • Body Wash: Body Shop Moringa and Lollia At Last
  • Lotion: Tokyomilk/Dark Yesterday and Bliss Grapefruit and Aloe
  • Perfume: Clean Original, Atelier Trefle Pur and Bill Blass Nude
  • Primer (Face): Cover FX
  • Primer (eyes): From the Lab
  • Foundation: Philosophy A to Z cream (until it's gone) & Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream
  • Concealer: LMDB
  • Setting Powder: IT cosmetics Bye, Bye Pores setting powder
  • Blush: Laura Mercier blush palette
  • Highlighter: NARS Illuminator in Orgasm and highlighter from the blush palette
  • Mascara: Sheer Cover
  • Eyeliner: Cynthia Rowley Silver, Julep Stargazer Set
  • Eyeshadow: Julep Eye Sheen in Dusty Taupe (only about a days worth left!), Warm Fig, Inika Mineral Eyeshadow Eternal Marine, LMDB True Color Eyeshadow in Peachy Keen and Goldstone, Loreal Infallible All Night Blue and Nyx Mineral Eye Shadow Sky Pink Pearl.
  • Lip Color: Juice Beauty Pink Gloss, Model Co Lip Duo, NARS New Lover, OCC Lip Tar in Black Dahlia and Memento.
  • Nail Polish: Clinique Black Honey, Urban Decay Addiction, Illamasqua Viridian, Butter London All Hail the Queen and Julep Luna
I think it's wonderful that you have the polish all planned out too! Sometimes I can't decide what to do next and end up wearing something for longer than I would have liked as a result. I'm in that boat right this minute!

- Larenim Foundation

- Embroylisse Sample (will it never end?)

- Maybelline 24 hour color tattoo gold and brown (I have used these to make a base to which I only need to add one shadow to. Thus I can use another shadow, preferably indie, to create a different look so that I don't get bored)

- Model Co Cheek and Lip Stain- it's beautiful but ever since I learned to apply my cream to powder lotus blush I just never use it. 

- Urban Decay Sample- I've made a really good dent, but haven't finished it yet. 

- BH Cosmetics concealer and correcting palette- these are terrible quality but they did open my eyes to the world of concealer and I like the light red corrector. I make them work by putting another concealer over top

- Great Lash Clear mascara

For this week, starting Monday, January 26th, I'm going to wear/use:

Facial cleanser: Acne.org cleanser (2 pumps day and night)

Toner: Paula's Choice 

Chemical Exfoliant: Paula's Choice

Cotton pads: Shiseido 

Vitamin C serum: Paula's Choice

Acne treatment 1: Dr. Dennis Gross Purifying Concentrate

Acne treatment 2: Acne.org treatment

Eye cream PM: Algenist

Eye cream AM: Supergoop sample and then Origins Ginzing sample

Moisturizer 1: Acne.org moisturizer

Moisturizer 2: FAB Ultra Cream

Moisturizer 3 w/ SPF: Lavanila remnants, then Origins sample, then new Lavanila tube

Facial oil: NUDE sample, then Tarte Maracuja oil deluxe sample

Anti-aging serum: Jurlique samples (3 foils)

Floss: Glide

Toothpaste: Colgate Total

Mouthwash: Colgate blue one

Whitening strip: Crest (once a week)

Deodorant: Dermalogica in am, and Lavanila in afternoon

Shampoo: Suave Rosemary and Mint and Dermorganic

Conditioner: Shea Moisture, then Sukin

Soap: Lush sexy peel and then that weird one my sister gave me

Body wash: Shea Moisture 

Foot scrub: Ole Henriksen orange flower body wash

Body scrub: St. Ives green tea scrub, then dry brush

Body lotion: Paula's Choice 10% AHA every other day, B&BW Twilight Woods every other day

Hand and foot cream: Curel sample, then Sephora body butter sample, then Crabtree and Evelyn rose lotion, then Neutrogena, then Shea Butter

SPF body: Supergoop oil on arms

SPF hands: Paula's Choice on the way to work and on the way back

Hand cream at work: Burt's Bees

Cuticle oil: Sally Hansen

Cuticle balm at work: BK2NATR, then Burt's Bees

Hair mask: Shea moisture mixed with water (weekly)

Hair leave in conditioner: Carol's Daughter

Hair oil: Argan oil (weekly)

Perfume: Marc Jacobs Daisy Dreams sample

Nail base and top coat: Butter London Foundation and Hardware

Nail color: ?

Quick dry nail drops: Essence

Eyelash and brow serum: DIY

Lipbalm PM: Bite Agave mask

Lipbalm AM: Kroger spf and Sugar deluxe sample

Primer: Tarte brightening sample

Foundation: Bare Minerals BareSkin

Concealer: Juice Beauty or NARS

Powder: either ELF mineral pearls, Hourglass Diffused light, or Tarte Smooth Operator sample

Brows: Anastasia dipbrow in soft brown or Anastasia brow gel

Blush: Tarte Exposed and Tarte Glisten or Tarte Elevated

Lipstick: Bite Musk and Restina

Eyeliner and eyeshadow: Tarte Be Mattenificent

Mascara: Physician's Formula, Guerlain deluxe sample or Sephora deluxe sample

Eyeshadow: Tarte Be Mattenificent

PHEW!!!!!!!
I updated last week's list to reflect things I've used up (striked out and green) or changed (just green).

Didn't wear makeup today- have some breakouts, might just go without today.

This is for this week and next, so until February 9th, since I'm a bit late posting. Most is the same, so I've marked the changes.

Bath: Yves Rocher organic vanilla shower gel << poured the last of it into my shower dispenser

Kiss My Face moisture shave - Cool Mint (old bottle) << finished, so I'm onto another!! partial bottle

I don't know how I did that Cool Mint, again

Jason shampoo - Apricot

Jason conditioner - Apricot

Lancome facial wash - Creme Radiance

Serum: Lancome Genefique sample, << this is lasting much longer than I expected, especially since I'm not always using it..

then Silk Naturals (SN) Super Defense

Moisturiser: SN Jojoba

SN Cucumber Peptide eye cream

Body: SN Organic olive oil moisturizer

Face: Dermablend Professional Cover Creme - Natural Beige (Chroma 2 1/8)

SN Medium Coverage perfect harmony foundation

Alima luminous shimmer blush - Candy << finished sample but not fs; changed to Alima Honey Rose

SN Bronzer - Drama

Alima luminous shimmer powder - Sorbet

SN Perfecting Powder - Sheer & Gorgeous

Eyes: SN Sleep In A Jar under eye corrector - Light Peach

SN mineral eye shadow - Flash

Alima satin matte eye shadow - Cocoa sample

Alima luminous shimmer eye shadow - Koan sample

at my very low usage level for dark shades (I only need a speck to deepen the crease or the lash-line) these samples lasted me over three weeks and they're less than half finished

^^^ changed to:

SN mineral eye shadows - Caliber, Loaded, Saddle Up, Scout

SN chromatic cream eye color - Tribeca

Pür Minerals eye pencil - Onyx

mystery (can't be sure of brand - matte silver tube with glossy silver accent on top of cap (|  |) and glossy silver fine rim line on cap where cap meets tube) mascara - Brown

Lips: Honeybee Gardens (HBG) lip balm - Strawberry Champagne

HBG lipstick - Valentine sample

HBG lipstick - Queen Bee

SN lipstick - Fashionista

SN kisser slicker - Raindrops On Roses

Lancome Juicy Tubes - Dreamsicle

^^^ changed to

HBG lipstick - Romance

Revlon - Pink Truffle

SN - Nice Tan

Clinique - Tenderheart (purse)

Remover: Lancome Bifacil

SN Kiss Cleanser

Scent: Desert Essence deodorant - Tropical Breeze

Lavanila - Vanilla Coconut

Hair: Got To Be Glossy anti-frizz shine serum

Organix anti-breakage keratin oil

Nails: what suits my mood

SN old lip balm for moisturizing

Witchcraft almond cuticle oil

Stuff I'll use from January 31 - February 9 

• Body Wash: Philosophy Amazing Grace and Not Soap, Radio Joy Inducing Body Wash
  • Lotion: Philosophy Amazing Grace and Body Shop Sugar Lemon
  • Perfume: Philosophy Amazing Grace, Dolce & Gabanna Dolce, and Joan Vass L'eau de Cristal
  • Primer (eyes): Urban Decay Primer Potion (until it's gone) & From the Lab
  • Primer (face): Cover FX
  • Foundation: Smashbox Camera Ready
  • Concealer: LMDB (until it's gone) & Miracle Transformer
  • Setting Powder: Bare Minerals Redness Remedy Setting Powder
  • Blush: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
  • Highlighter: Hourglass Ambient Light in Dim Light
  • Mascara: Diorshow
  • Eyeliner: Cynthia Rowley Silver, Avon Glimmersticks Cosmic Brown, Clinique Quickliner Black Honey, Loreal Colour Riche Eyeliner Violet and UD LSD.
  • Eyeshadow: LMDB Kaleidoscope Chauvet Pont D'Arc and Urban Decay duo sin/mushroom
  • Lip Color: OCC Lip Tar in NSFW, Pris and Strumpet, Lancome Lip Lover Framboise Etoile
  • Nail Polish: Julep Evelyn, Joanna and Sandi, Zoya Maria Luisa, and Deborah Lippmann Baby I'm a Star 

Back