The Niche Brand Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, my post didn't show up! I said I wanted to try the eyetini liquid shadows, they look amaaaaazing!

Also... I may have impulse-bough the Sugarpill Burning Heart palette yesterday ... whoops. :S Oh well, at least this means I can stop wasting my money on subpar shadow singles, looking for the perfect reds and purples.

I still want and NEED to try Sugarpill. I always gaze longingly at those palettes but decide they are too expensive for an impulse buy, but then I spend that much on other impulse buys so I don't know why I hesitate!

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and go for it after Christmas!

I heard about Colour pop on you tube. I wasn't convinced either, but after watching so many videos I decided to try it. It's only $5 after all. The hype is justified for the shadows anyway. I really do not like the lippie stix. I thought the matte was drying and the shades are way too bright for my taste. But the shadows....are amazing. I would throw out the principle and try them lol IMHO.
Ha ha, no thanks, I'll keep my principles. Sometimes they are the only thing keeping me from buying ALL the THINGS. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I still want and NEED to try Sugarpill. I always gaze longingly at those palettes but decide they are too expensive for an impulse buy, but then I spend that much on other impulse buys so I don't know why I hesitate!

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and go for it after Christmas!
Sugarpill is worth every penny. I own all of their loose shadows and pressed shadows (except Bulletproof) and they. are. AMAZING. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them! You won't regret it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hey, so how long does it take Sugarpill to send out shipping notifications? It's been four-five days... I know they said 2-3 days. Maybe it's because of the sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, so how long does it take Sugarpill to send out shipping notifications? It's been four-five days... I know they said 2-3 days. Maybe it's because of the sale.
I ordered from them November 28th and just got my shipping confirmation yesterday (Dec 4th)

uuuuuuhhhhhgggggg I hate when I accidentally hit whatever key takes me back a page so that I lose my entire post :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />(((( Remember when MUT would autosave whatever post you were typing? That was awesome. *Nostalgic sigh*

Anyway, Sugarpill pressed shadows are absolutely glorious. If you're into the colors (obviously not everyone is super jazzed about a bright matte yellow), I PROMISE you need these. They're soft without being overly soft and powdery (Lorac Pro comes to mind) and blendable and insanely pigmented and surprisingly giant pans and basically perfect in every way. I have Sweetheart and Burning Heart, and the others are all on my wishlist. I can't convince myself to drop $35 on UD's Electric palette on sale, but I'd drop full price plus shipping on a Sugarpill palette without batting an eye. The only reason I haven't yet is because my fiance has started getting me a new one every Christmas and I'm happy to just keep that going that until Sugarpill stops making palettes.

In related news, he bought something on Thanksgiving and it arrived in the mail today (Friday). So maybe email them if you're still waiting on shipping info.

I'm getting very impatient with Sugarpill...they sent me my shipping information on the 4th and it is now the 9th and it STILL says "shipping label created" It hasn't even moved and it's been 5 days :/

Paul & Joe Spring 2015 Collection Preview:

"Animal friends of the Menagerie come together in the new, limited edition Face and Eye Color CS from Paul & Joe Beauté. Inspired by some of the world’s most elegant creatures -- flamingos, giraffes and elephants -- these luxurious powders contain impressive accent colors to create soft and playful looks."

10402727_10152569579888097_5629621810649461773_n.jpg

Okay, I totally need this Paul & Joe collection, the eyeshadow palette is adorable

The Ménagerie collection includes CS lipstick refills in three saturated colors (beige, coral and glamorous red) with mix-and-match cases decorated with monkey, giraffe and cat prints. 

Paul & Joe also offers its Cheek Color and Eye Color CS in three new palettes, each with four shades embossed with four different animals. There is a hippopotamus for contouring, a cat for shading the eyes, a swan for highlighting and an elephant for blushing the cheeks.

Five eye-catching nail polishes (kangaroo, polar bear, pink parrot, green turtle and peacock feathers) and a pastel eye shimmer round out this whimsical makeup look.

Paul & Joe's Ménagerie collection will go on sale in a limited edition from January 2015, with the exception of the eye shimmer, which will arrive in February. Prices range from €8 to €34 (around $10 to $42).
(via: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/spring-2015-makeup-color-whimsy-paul-joe-163219436.html)

paul_joe.e2f52105412.w640.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
P&J. Always so cute!

Also, haha I had to re-read this twice because I thought I misread it the first time.No way the hippo is a contour. Unless I've been missing out on the magic of green as a cheek chiseler?
Hah, good catch! That is so bizarre 0_0 - I'll be interested to see what the product description for the palette is once it goes up.

I think I solved it, 095 is the face palette, the other two are eye shadow palettes. I found the full collection on Paul & Joe Beaute's website.

asdfas.png

P&J. Always so cute!

Also, haha I had to re-read this twice because I thought I misread it the first time.No way the hippo is a contour. Unless I've been missing out on the magic of green as a cheek chiseler?
omg. I'm in LOVE! I've never heard of this brand. Has anybody tried it or know where to get it?

Oh man, the P&J is so cute! I've hear of them a thousand times but never paid much attention - I might have to check this collection out, though, I love the lipstick colors!

I didn't go to the site because I am lazy. How do they compare price vs. quality to other niche brands, as well as higher end brands?

I'd say P&J are soso. Definitely not bad but its not like Chanel/Dior quality, more like Benefit/Stila quality, with a higher cost because of the packaging (which is why it might seem underwhelming sometimes).

Back