things you probably didn't know about me

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have another factoid:

I can tune out almost anyone. I mean that I can stop listenting to anyone no matter how loud they speak, but if they yell, well, that's a different story. I think I have spent a lot of my 20's tuning out teachers, bf, some friends, and so on. Hell, I even tune out interviewers. Does anyone think I have adult ADD?
icon_lol.gif

I've been thinking about this one but I don't think I have anything too interesting, but here goes...................

1. I have terrible road rage.

2. I'm pro choice.

3. I love to go riding on the Harley with my husband on the weekends.

4. I have 2 kids which I love to death.

5. I love to work on my wood projects and go antiquing.

It's all interesting tylda! I have road rage too... pretty minor now but when I first got my license, I would be yelling and cussing the entire time. LOL!
icon_redface.gif

Originally Posted by tylda1969 I've been thinking about this one but I don't think I have anything too interesting, but here goes...................
1. I have terrible road rage.

2. I'm pro choice.

3. I love to go riding on the Harley with my husband on the weekends.

4. I have 2 kids which I love to death.

5. I love to work on my wood projects and go antiquing.

- I've never had a cup of coffee or a can of soda.

- I once ran into Elijah Wood (literally -- we smacked into each other, lol!)

- One of my best friends & I have known each other for 23 years.

- I joined a Christian organization in college to discover that it was basically a cult. I used to be religious, and now I'm just spiritual really. Still getting over that whole experience... sigh...

- I had surgery 2 years ago to remove an ovarian cyst the size of a golf ball.

Originally Posted by Joyeuux - I joined a Christian organization in college to discover that it was basically a cult. I used to be religious, and now I'm just spiritual really. Still getting over that whole experience... sigh...- I had surgery 2 years ago to remove an ovarian cyst the size of a golf ball.

Both of these happened to me too. I was going to join this church (that shall remain nameless) and OMG, it was a freakin' cult. Also, 3 yrs ago I had a cyst the size of an orange removed too. I have PCOS (policystic ovarion syndrome) and let me tell you all, it sucks!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux - I've never had a cup of coffee or a can of soda. Can I ask why? I have never heard of such thing.

No Coffee or SODA??? Can I ask why not?

Originally Posted by Joyeuux

- I've never had a cup of coffee or a can of soda. - I once ran into Elijah Wood (literally -- we smacked into each other, lol!)

- One of my best friends & I have known each other for 23 years.

- I joined a Christian organization in college to discover that it was basically a cult. I used to be religious, and now I'm just spiritual really. Still getting over that whole experience... sigh...

- I had surgery 2 years ago to remove an ovarian cyst the size of a golf ball.

Originally Posted by Mariposa Both of these happened to me too. I was going to join this church (that shall remain nameless) and OMG, it was a freakin' cult. Also, 3 yrs ago I had a cyst the size of an orange removed too. I have PCOS (policystic ovarion syndrome) and let me tell you all, it sucks! Wow Marisol, we have more in common than I thought! We'll have to commiserate over cults sometime via PM.
My family doctor & gynecologist have been in debate whether or not I have actually have PCO, but at least I haven't had any problems since my surgery. The cyst was benign, thank God, but man, that was the most pain I've ever been in my LIFE. It torqued inside, twisting my ovary around. I actually saw the gyno today, and he told me that everything looks good, so I'm VERY happy. I hope you are healthy right now!

As for the soda and coffee thing
wink.gif
... I absolutely hate carbonation, which is why I've never had soda. I've had rum & coke before, but I've never actually consumed a can of soda. Carbonation has this burning sensation to me, lol! And coffee... I'm one of those rare people who doesn't even like the SMELL of it. And if something smells bad to me, I won't touch it. Basically, all I drink is water, orange juice, apple juice and the occasional milkshake.
smile.gif

Wow!! That's all.... just... WOW!!!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by Joyeuux - I've never had a cup of coffee or a can of soda.

Hm, I don't have a lot of good stories but here are a few random things:

- My favorite book and movie(s) is Lord of the Rings

- I like some other sci-fi stuff (Star Wars, Matrix) but don't have time to watch much sci-fi TV

- I went to a Christian undergraduate college (makes me sad to hear you girls think your Christian organizations were a "cult"; I've only had positive experiences!)

- I am a true girly geek: Two of my favorite shows are Inuyasha (a Japanese anime) and TLC's "What Not to Wear"!
biggrin.gif

- Even though I'm a self-proclaimed geek I also love art; I did lots of painting and drawing in high school.

- I ran track in high school (the 2-mile) but now my only excersize is walking to class!

- I was super-shy in high school and got A's in all my classes -- hence I was stereotyped as a "nerd"! (I'm much less shy now though!)

- I had practically no interest in fashion and makeup in high school (which probably contributed to my nerdiness!), but I've gradually become more interested, especially in the last 2 years.

- I've never drank alcohol, smoked, or drank (unflavored) coffee -- they all smell yukky to me
frown.gif

- I graduate in December! After that I want to work for a few years, then have kids and be a stay-at-home mom -- makes me wonder if I'll be wasting all this education! (Of course I would never have met my husband if I didn't go to grad school
wink.gif
)

- I married the second man I ever dated (well, the third if you count a silly little "let's hold hands and say we are dating" thing that lasted for 2 weeks in high school! lol)

- Random facts about my husband: He has a Southern accent and LOVES Star Wars (we have a small collection of Star Wars action figures in our apartment!) and is a huge movie buff!

Originally Posted by girl_geek - I went to a Christian undergraduate college (makes me sad to hear you girls think your Christian organizations were a "cult"; I've only had positive experiences!) I'm glad that you've only had positive experiences! I've been with other Christian groups that were wonderful & nuturing. I've seen the whole spectrum of Christianity and that group (I don't want to name it outright) was something I wanted NO part of, once I realized what they were all about: manipulation, guilt and control. It was a very difficult and hurtful experience to go through. So whenever I do feel that the time is right to go back to church, I'm going to look for a very chill, open and meditative community, free of pressure.

1 - I always wanted to go to the beach on summer during the daylight... I'm allergic to the sun and the summer I live during the night.

2 - I love the smelling of the subbstations of Paris "le métro de Paris".

3 - I drink 3 or 4 cup of café (coffee) everyday. (if a coffee is good, you put coffee on you spoon and you don't have to see the bottom of it!) lol. black coffee, italian or french.

4 - I passed a lot of time in hospitals when I was young, because I was always ill.

5 - I love to eat cheese at the begining of the diner to help me to be hungry!!! lol

6 - my grand father was "guérrisseur" in Britany, he cured only with his hands.

lol, that's ok for instance!

Originally Posted by Joyeuux I'm glad that you've only had positive experiences! I've been with other Christian groups that were wonderful & nuturing. I've seen the whole spectrum of Christianity and that group (I don't want to name it outright) was something I wanted NO part of, once I realized what they were all about: manipulation, guilt and control. It was a very difficult and hurtful experience to go through. So whenever I do feel that the time is right to go back to church, I'm going to look for a very chill, open and meditative community, free of pressure. I can see what you mean though -- part of Christianity is recognizing that you are a sinner and confessing to God, but some groups will really shove it down your throat and ignore other aspects of Christianity! I do remember our school putting a lot of pressure on the students to participate in school-sponsered mission trips -- that was probably the only time I've really experienced a group trying to put you on a guilt trip! But I can see how it could happen!
But there are a wide variety of churches out there, so I hope someday you can find one you like! We really enjoy the church we've been going to lately -- it's more contemporary (more contemporary music, more casual dress) and the sermons are all very practical things that you can apply to your life, instead of more theological messages. We don't even have an "invitation" at the end where they ask people to come forward like most churches I've been to; we just have cards you can put in the offering plate and they'll have someone call you if you want to learn more. Plus the atmosphere is very friendly (I think)! While I haven't been to a really "controlling" church, I have been to some that were very formal and didn't seem to care about you, and that's no fun either! A bad church can definitely be a bad experience and I'm sorry that that group hurt you so much!
frown.gif

I love guns and shooting too, I used to go to the shooting range all the time. And I've only slept with black men(in my personal life-I never count work)

And I was a pretty big slut in college.

OT, but I think it's wrong to label women as "sluts" when men go around doing everything that will have them and they're called "studs." So I go around calling my permiscuous male friends, "sluts," just to even up the score.
icon_biggrin.gif

OoOOooOO some controversy!!! go go go go go

Originally Posted by wongy74

OT, but I think it's wrong to label women as "sluts" when men go around doing everything that will have them and they're called "studs." So I go around calling my permiscuous male friends, "sluts," just to even up the score.
icon_biggrin.gif

LOL! You're getting too excited, I think.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
It's just that I have friends that are more permiscuous than others but so what? If they're safe, what's the prob, right? They're adults. Why label it?
confused.gif

Well... then there is those who are self-destructive, but that's another thing and I don't know much about it.

Originally Posted by Tony(admin) OoOOooOO some controversy!!! go go go go go

Originally Posted by wongy74 OT, but I think it's wrong to label women as "sluts" when men go around doing everything that will have them and they're called "studs." So I go around calling my permiscuous male friends, "sluts," just to even up the score.
icon_biggrin.gif
HOORAY!!!! we share the same opinion. I don´t call my male friends "sluts", but I wouldn´t call a girl one either. I have never labelled anyone as a slut. I would just say some people like to have different partners and others are more the relationship-type. anyone should be able to have the (sex-) life he/she wants without being judged.

I only call my male friends sluts if they use that word against women.
icon_biggrin.gif
It's more retaliatory that judging them- only friends though! Other people wouldn't "get" it.

Originally Posted by Arielle HOORAY!!!! we share the same opinion. I don´t call my male friends "sluts", but I wouldn´t call a girl one either. I have never labelled anyone as a slut. I would just say some people like to have different partners and others are more the relationship-type. anyone should be able to have the (sex-) life he/she wants without being judged.

Back