Think your shoes are uncomfortable?! (weird pics & scary feet!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the shoes that stand on tiptoe are actually fetish shoes, and are not walked in. The first that i've personally ever seen them was in Cirque du Soleil's "Zumanity" in Vegas, which was awesome! I totally recommend it.

the foot binding is weird, but there has always been a thing about women having small feet, in fairy tales and stuff. Did you ever read the original (or close to it) Cinderella? In the earlier versions of the story, her step sisters cut their heels off to fit the shoe, because the shoes were so small, only the most 'delicate' girl could fit them.

there has long been some weird connotation that the size of a woman's feet is relative to her purity, or something weird like that.

googling cinderella makes for some interesting reading!
biggrin.gif

thx for the post~

I'd like to see someone try and walk in those red shoes (5th pic down from the top). Crazy!
biggrin.gif

Nobody is wearing ANY of these shoes on the streets in Japan. I live here so I'm sure. Those are fetish shoes. And like other writers have said, footbinding was a Chinese custom.

The shoe styles currently popular in Japan are basically the same as overseas. Ballet flats, Crocs, sensible pumps, kitten heels, 3 or 4 inch stiletto heels, etc. Small platforms (like the Olsens wear, not monster ones) are starting to make a comeback in Shibuya, although that's not catching on so well as the last time they were in fashion was only 6 or 7 years ago.

i've never seen pics of foot binding before, OUCH !! no wonder the woman needs a walking stick.

Ouch. I guess you can say it's not normal but it was part of their culture back then whether it was right or wrong. Same thing can be said about Western cultures. It's definitely not something I'd want to go through.

I don't even know how you would walk in the 1st and 3rd pics!!

Lol, I can already see them fall on their face. Ouch.

I knew that these happened in china but i've never seen feet like that before!! Whats so appealing about it?!

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif I knew that these happened in china but i've never seen feet like that before!! Whats so appealing about it?! beauty has always been a societal construct.

Originally Posted by Love Souljah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think I threw up a little when I saw those ladies' feet. ticki is right, though. Those women are Chinese. This...
Also: How can a person walk with their feel like that???

Most of those shoes were horrible...I could probably convince myself to wear the sparkly boots for a minute though!

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think it's just another great example of how women have been forced to modify their bodies to appear desireable to men.
I agree that the shoes at the top are not only ugly, but definitely look like fetish shoes, not mainstream.

ITA.
I feel bad for the girls that have to do that still.

Yeah poor lady.

I was watching a little do***entary about "foot binding"..They said they did that so the little children ( girls) will grow up to find and marry rich men because the men found it to be beautiful. The smaller the feet the better.
wacko.gif

The things some women would do.

who knows if history will look back and say the same thing about us with all this plastic surgery.

Back