This is why I stay away from malls!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

Reaction score
Ok, so I needed to get my son a new jacket...he outgrew the one he had. So I figured I'd go to the mall where I knew there is a Gap Kids and a Macys. The first store near the entrance was Old Navy and it was having some weird sale, I thought I'd look for jackets. I came out of there with a month's worth of clothes for my son! But NOoooo...I didn't stop there
icon_eek.gif
...I figured he'd need a new pair of shoes too. I came out of Foot Locker with 4 pairs of sneakers(2 for him and 2 for me). Then I saw some sunglasses in a shop and went in and got 3 pairs(couldn't decide so got them all) Right in front of the eyewear store was a kiosk with body jewelry, thought I'd get a new belly ring. Ended up with buy 2 get one free(I only have one belly button!) Keep in mind, I still have not purchased the jacket I went for. By the time I bought a jacket for my son, I had a new wardrobe for him as well as my boyfriend and 3 shopping bags full of accessories for myself!

I need help! I can see myself in one of those groups like "hi, I'm envy and I get easily destracted shopping and have a problem with deciding so I always buy it all". I don't think I should be allowed to leave the house without adult supervision
icon_cheesygrin.gif
Even my 3 1/2 year old son was telling me "momma that's enough"
icon_redface.gif

Reaction score
Envi, check your PMs
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by envymi

Ok, so I needed to get my son a new jacket...he outgrew the one he had. So I figured I'd go to the mall where I knew there is a Gap Kids and a Macys. The first store near the entrance was Old Navy and it was having some weird sale, I thought I'd look for jackets. I came out of there with a month's worth of clothes for my son! But NOoooo...I didn't stop there
icon_eek.gif
...I figured he'd need a new pair of shoes too. I came out of Foot Locker with 4 pairs of sneakers(2 for him and 2 for me). Then I saw some sunglasses in a shop and went in and got 3 pairs(couldn't decide so got them all) Right in front of the eyewear store was a kiosk with body jewelry, thought I'd get a new belly ring. Ended up with buy 2 get one free(I only have one belly button!) Keep in mind, I still have not purchased the jacket I went for. By the time I bought a jacket for my son, I had a new wardrobe for him as well as my boyfriend and 3 shopping bags full of accessories for myself! I need help! I can see myself in one of those groups like "hi, I'm envy and I get easily destracted shopping and have a problem with deciding so I always buy it all". I don't think I should be allowed to leave the house without adult supervision
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_redface.gif

Reaction score
"Hi, my name is ______ and I am a shopaholic."

There is a twelve step program for this addiction. The first step is to give me your new sunglasses and your lovely LV case.

tongue.gif

Reaction score
icon_lol.gif
You know what though, if you're into fakes, someone gave me a LV bag for Xmas last year(they said it was real, but I know better) It's a good fake though...if you want it. It looks like this one

Reaction score
OMG, Envy that is just TOO funny.... Just say 'NO'. (It is fun shopping like though, isn't it?) At least everybody got a lot of great stuff!!
icon_lol.gif
When you go back for the jacket... BE STRONG!!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by envymi Ok, so I needed to get my son a new jacket...he outgrew the one he had. So I figured I'd go to the mall where I knew there is a Gap Kids and a Macys. The first store near the entrance was Old Navy and it was having some weird sale, I thought I'd look for jackets. I came out of there with a month's worth of clothes for my son! But NOoooo...I didn't stop there
icon_eek.gif
...I figured he'd need a new pair of shoes too. I came out of Foot Locker with 4 pairs of sneakers(2 for him and 2 for me). Then I saw some sunglasses in a shop and went in and got 3 pairs(couldn't decide so got them all) Right in front of the eyewear store was a kiosk with body jewelry, thought I'd get a new belly ring. Ended up with buy 2 get one free(I only have one belly button!) Keep in mind, I still have not purchased the jacket I went for. By the time I bought a jacket for my son, I had a new wardrobe for him as well as my boyfriend and 3 shopping bags full of accessories for myself! I need help! I can see myself in one of those groups like "hi, I'm envy and I get easily destracted shopping and have a problem with deciding so I always buy it all". I don't think I should be allowed to leave the house without adult supervision
icon_cheesygrin.gif
icon_redface.gif

Reaction score
I'm always like that... I'll go in for one thing, and come out with 10. (Even sometimes w/o what I originally went for!)
icon_rolleyes.gif

Reaction score
I did finally end up getting a jacket, but it wasn't at the mall. I had to go to a separate children's store for it. I usually stick to shopping at smaller boutiques because I know I have problems
icon_smile.gif

Reaction score
Originally Posted by envymi I did finally end up getting a jacket, but it wasn't at the mall. I had to go to a separate children's store for it. I usually stick to shopping at smaller boutiques because I know I have problems
icon_smile.gif
Yea, I hear ya! I went to MAC @ MAcy's tonight and practically speed-walked into Sears b/c I had a gift cert from XMas and even though the mall was closing in 10 min. I still HAD to look anyway!! lol No Sketchers which I was hoping they'd have (since I buy a new pair every spring/summer) but they did have tons of Seafoam green tops which I might have to go back and look through again !!! (My favorite color) LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Reaction score
LOL, I hardly ever leave the mall without plenty of extras too!
icon_redface.gif

Reaction score
I have this problem too. My husband will not come with me. He said that I have a bad habit of saying I'm just going to get one thing and I end up getting everything else around! I'm like oh what's this and buy it! It's bad!

Reaction score
Envy, you're not alone. Many of us are like this & it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one.
tongue.gif
Nice haul!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by envymi "hi, I'm envy and I get easily destracted shopping and have a problem with deciding so I always buy it all" I can relate to that! One thing that i do, is bring only enough cash for what i'm planning on buying. I leave my bank cards at home and i don't have a CC so that way i can only get what i need!

Reaction score
I don't own anymore CC's. I only have my business one and I only use that for certain business related things and gas. That's the crazy thing, I always pay cash when I shop.

Reaction score
Yep CC's can be the root of all evil. Which mall envy?

I don't own anymore CC's. I only have my business one and I only use that for certain business related things and gas. That's the crazy thing, I always pay cash when I shop.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by envymi I don't own anymore CC's. I only have my business one and I only use that for certain business related things and gas. That's the crazy thing, I always pay cash when I shop. Well next time you go shopping, try bringing only the amount you really think you need!! I swear, its saved me a fortune
biggrin.gif

Reaction score
I was at the Northridge Mall(I usually hate this mall,but it's good for my son) but then ended up finding the jacket at a shop in Studio City.

Reaction score
icon_lol.gif
You know what though, if you're into fakes, someone gave me a LV bag for Xmas last year(they said it was real, but I know better) It's a good fake though...if you want it. It looks like this one I got it in the mail today and it is gorgeous! Thank you so much.
I can't wait to show it off at work. I will look so freakin' professional now.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts