Those with healthy bra strap length hair and longer...questions for yall

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Staying away from scissors is i mean WAS my problem, I over cut for no reason. I've read that you should trim often because it makes your hair grow faster, friggin liars my hair would be down to my butt by now.

The top half of my hair is at a funny stage, because last summer I decided to go light on the top half of my hair ( i never touch my length) bleached the shit out of it, didnt like it so couple weeks later decided to go dark again...basically all that damage for nothing. I cutt all that damage off, now it looks like I have two different haircuts, it looks soooooooo stupid. At the front I look like I have a short haircut, I turn around and I have longish hair. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL GOD im so stupid.

I got curly hair so it kinna hides the two different haircuts i got going on, im just going to let it grow out, trim once in a while on my top half until the bleach is all out and start fresh.

And yes i baby my hair now. It's been a little over a month now since i used heat in my hair, ive been doing hot oil treatments, not using any chemicals in it just natural stuff, no sulfates, been doing more CO washing.................. and my hair is feeling good.

We are all guilty of hair abuse lol. For me it was the white cream aka hair relaxers all threw high school. My hair was a hot and heavy mess when i was starting to grow it out.

It's great that your hair is feeling good now*

I know it can be a pain in the butt trying to grow out curly hair. It took me some time to grow out my curly hair to the length it is now because i too had an issue with always cutting more off than i needed to lol. It sounds like your hair will be at the length you want in no time. Stick in there and be strong lol. Please please do scalp massages too! I personally don't believe in taking any kind of supplements to produce hair growth...i think that's a myth. You can't really change heredity you know...that's what it comes down to....heredity. If you eat properly and well balanced (there is an art in knowing how to eat properly) you will maintain equilibrium and that there should be good enough in my opinion. Scalp massages work! If you think about it...our scalps don't move...there for there is no circulation going on up there. When you massage the scalp it brings circulation (blood) and oxygen to the hair folicle. It's like your feeding your scalp and there for stimulating hair growth. I hope i helped a bit. GOOD LUCK CHICKA!

My hair is a few inches away from my rear. It didn't take long to grow because I take Biotin pills.

I "shock" my hair by switching shampoos and conditioners every few days. Only use conditioner on the ends and shampoo on the top. I also use a sulfate free shampoo/conditioner more often than the other shampoos and conditioners. Rarely ever blow dry and flat iron or curl.

Some women are just blessed with strong and healthy hair! Mine is quite thin so I put a lot of work in it to make it better. I use a leave in conditioner over night as well.

...Also vitamins REALLY do help. Eating properly and healthy will help produce thicker, shinier hair!

I think some people are just better able to grow long hair.

My hair grows well. I've changed shampoo/conditioner products a lot so I don't stay loyal to any one company. Biore, Garnier, Herbal Essence, Dove, Pantene ProV, Nexxus...I usually change brands each bottle. I don't look for or avoid any specialty products, besides like perms or coloring. I don't do any of that stuff. I really don't do anything special. It just grows and when i get bored with it, I cut it.

The only thing I do is make sure I never buy those 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner in one bottles. They NEVER make my hair feel conditioned.

I'm not afraid of straightening/curling my hair, but I don't do it regularly. I'll go through phases where I straighten my hair 2-3 times/week (it stays straight until I shampoo again) for a few months, then I'll not touch a heating product on it for 6 months cause i get lazy. My hair is mostly straight to begin with though. Straightening it just makes it ultra sleek near the scalp, and the rest of the hair is Cher hair smooth.

one thing though is my hair has always been healthy. 1 year without a trim, and my hair really won't have many split ends. I usually look at the ends of my hair. If I'm seeing like 30% of the ends splitting, it's time to trim it. But that takes 3+ years of not cutting. (I've had a history of growing butt length hair, then cutting it to shoulder length a few times) But usually after a year or two, out of a clump of hair, I'll only see maybe 1 or 2 individual hairs that are damaged.

I have the longest hair of my life right now...its about 2 inches past the bra strap. I used to be blonde, so I majorly abused my hair for a few years.

Yes, I was the girl with crispy crunchy hair.
frown.gif

TBH the best thing I ever did for my hair was tell my hair stylist to dye it as close as she could to my natural color. She said ok, I'll use a semi-permanent color in case you want highloights next time. And I said, no better make it permanent.

BEST. CHOICE. EVER.

That was about 4 years ago, I now have 100% virgin hair. It takes time and def patience and a lot of self control I can't tell you how many times I've almost gotten highlights, went back to blonde, feinded for home hair color or just wanted to chop it off.

I only heat style (blow dry, hot rollers, flat iron)when I'm going somewhere important, like a nice restaurant, an event, a party etc. Otherwise, I don't even brush my hair. The one product I use religiously is Bain de Terre Herbal Sea Mist detangler. I spray this on, finger comb and I'm done.

Originally Posted by sooperficial /img/forum/go_quote.gif That was about 4 years ago, I now have 100% virgin hair. It takes time and def patience and a lot of self control I can't tell you how many times I've almost gotten highlights, went back to blonde, feinded for home hair color or just wanted to chop it off. You know I didn't think about that when I made my post yesterday, but you made a good point. My "really don't do anything special" routine is a lot healthier for your hair than the color and chemical treating that a lot of other girls do on a regular basis.
So maybe "doing nothing" is actually a fairly strong technique...I don't cut, treat, color, highlight, or do much of anything to my hair on a regular basis, besides shampoo and condition. Virgin hair should be fairly healthy hair as long as your body stays healthy (since it's directly related to your health -- whenever I get sick for a week or two is almost immediately when I start noticing split ends show up)

Back