Tips for washing the Beauty Blender

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just rinse mine with alcohol to kill germies.

Buy some cheap dupes so you won't care about tossing them once in a while :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Alcohol will deteriorate the material! Not a good idea to use alcohol no matter what the percentage. 

Even the dupes can add up. Beauty Blenders are a tool and an investment to your kit, hence the price point.

Sponges (wedgies) are considered incidentals like Q-Tips, Kleenex, paper towel, wet wipes etc. These are meant to be thrown away. Not the Beauty Blenders.

But sometimes with incorrect cleaning and storage, you might have to toss it.

Whether it's the Beauty Blender, brushes, mixing palettes, spatulas, air brushes, washable puffs, plastic or vinyl cases / holders / pouches / bags, vintage wooden cases, atomizers, blowers etc, the proper cleaning products will make your tools last a very long time.

Same thing goes for hair tools like hot tools, scissors, razors, shavers, combs, picks, brushes etc. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Steps to cleaning your Beautyblender:

1. Dampen the sponge slightly.  You don’t want it soaking, but you do want it moist enough to take in the soap.

2. Dab a dime-sized amount of Blendercleanser or solution onto the stained areas.

3. Massage the soap into the areas, pressing and kneading it well.  Work the stained areas well with your fingertips.

4. Add water and start to rinse.  Squeeze the sponge rapidly and work the stains out during this process.

5. Keep rinsing and squeezing the sponge until you see no suds (in my experience this takes a while, and with dish soap or a sudsy shampoo this will take even longer).

6. When the water runs clear, gently roll it in a clean towel to remove moisture and then lay it flat to dry.  If you kept the pedestal it came with, you can set it there to dry as well.

I’m very prone to breakouts so I wash mine after each use.  But, if you are blessed with perfect skin, then you can probably get away with doing it once a week (Again, depending on frequency of use).

Back