Tivo - Yay or nay?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone here have Tivo? I am thinking of getting it this weekend and wanted to get some feedback from anyone here that has it.

I don't have Tivo, but I do have DVR. I love it and so do my kids. I think that it is simular to Tivo. I have it set up to tape my soap everyday and I don't have to think about it.

Oh oh oh oh, electronics!!! This is right up my alley!!

(Deep breath) We are HUGE believers in DVRS! In fact we have had our DVR since before they called them DVRS LOL They were called PVRS. At anyrate, we have "UltimateTV with DirecTV satellite built in. Let me tell you, if you have kids, it is the ONLY way to go. No more missing shows while they are on...you just PAUSE them and then press play when the kids are done with baths etc. We sometimes pause our LIVE TV for hours on end. Ultimate TV was made by Microshaft but is not longer made by them OR supported.
icon_cry.gif
I took mine apart and installed a HUGE hard drive into it and now it will store over 300 hours of movies. Plus installed a cooling kit. I learned it all from http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/. I am a big geek with this kinda stuff

Now, onto TIVO. It seems this has become the industry standard with everyone saying Tivo this and Tivo that and I'm going to "Tivo it". I have fooled with the menuing system on Tivos and I can tell you one thing, it is EXTREMELY slow and does not move very fast. I am impatient!!! LOL But if you don't have a DVR now, you don't know how the menu might be. Hence the fact of this review comes up: "You don't know how really fast a Porche is, until you drive one"

In conclusion, I think everyone should own one of these babies as we always will. You will never watch TV the same way again.

HTH

Originally Posted by Mariposa

Anyone here have Tivo? I am thinking of getting it this weekend and wanted to get some feedback from anyone here that has it.

Back