Too much makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think shes really pretty and the make up is done really well (i've seen so many 16year olds with the oompa loompa orange make up that stops right at the jawline .. eww) but... judging by the last few comments on that link (asking for certain *acts*) i think that its maybe a bit too smoky/sexy for someone her age - i mean at that age i wore makeup - foundation/bronzer/lipgloss/eyeliner/mascara but i dunno, they comments are making me think that her makeup is a bit too much for someone her age - in that its on to look sexy rather than just for bright funky colours or whatever... dunno if i explained that right lol!

I am personally more concerned with a 16 year old posting You Tube videos than the makeup.. I am not a mom, but my motherly instincts tell me that this is not right. You don't know what kind of perverts are scanning the web looking for videos of little girls and making up screen names to seem like they are a little girl, too. GOD.. where are the parents??? Even if the parent's are in the video with them, I still think it's wrong.

I would encourage my daughter to wear make up by the age of 16. I wouldn't mind it at all.. but Scarlette is right... doing it on Youtube and talking like that is going to get her in trouble~~~

She said her rents told her it was ok...i personally see no issue as long as she doesnt say where she lives. I mean i wouldnt even say what state i lived in. There are perverts everywhere though. Again just my POV but i really dont see an issue with her doing makeup tuts. The danger is the same for everyone on there...again my POV and i am childless.

I'm almost 17 and I get really annoyed when people say 16 year olds shouldnt wear makeup yada yada. Why should their be a certain age limit to wear makeup? And if I made youtube videos and it was obvious a pervert was trying to "hit on me", I'm not naive enough to actually fall for it..not all 16 year olds are that naive and silly, i'm sure she knows how to reject men.

I don't think it is wrong and if she wants to do youtube videos then that is her choice. Rant over
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Scarlette /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am personally more concerned with a 16 year old posting You Tube videos than the makeup.. I am not a mom, but my motherly instincts tell me that this is not right. You don't know what kind of perverts are scanning the web looking for videos of little girls and making up screen names to seem like they are a little girl, too. GOD.. where are the parents??? Even if the parent's are in the video with them, I still think it's wrong. i agree. i am not insulting her or anything (i actually love her videos and the way she does makeup, and i think she is up beat and entertaining to watch0 also am not sure i would be comfortable with this if i was her mom. On some of her videos there are some coments that are super inapropiate and sexual in some ways. I know at 16 i would not of been comfortable with those kinds of comments. And i know my mom would definately not be okay with them. I know she deletes all the inapropriate stuff, but none the less she has to read it to know if it is inapropriate or not.

Her makeup is fine. Honestly people should just live and let live =

I was wearing makeup when I was almost 15 x)

Originally Posted by kellilio /img/forum/go_quote.gif It's funny people say that.When I was 16 my mom practically threw makeup at me and said, "It's time you learn how to use this."

albeit, I was a super tomboy. But I knew most girls in my grade wore makeup in middle school. I was one of the latest.

Same here....actually I was 13 when my mother insisted I wear make-up. Then again I looked like I was 18 when I was 12, I don't ever remember there being a time when I didn't have to wear a bra...I started my "cycle" at 9.....yeah...I got hit on by men....but I knew better. I was taught to say no.
I don't see anything wrong with girls wearing make-up. If it's applied nicely and worn with care.....have at it ladies!

I dont see nothing wrong with being 16 and putting on make up. She's beautiful and talented.

Originally Posted by Lesley-Anne /img/forum/go_quote.gif judging by the last few comments on that link (asking for certain *acts*) i think that its maybe a bit too smoky/sexy for someone her age if you look at her older videos, none of those comments are there. honestly last year as a senior I knew a lot of freshman girls at 14 were doing these acts and flaunting it. At 16 she probably is very well-aware how dangerous it is, especially with those types of comments.

But if her parents are okay with it and aware, if any othe viewers start to creep her out she can at least go to her parents without having to hide anything.

and her parents can look it up and look at the users commenting.

Honestly, the older she gets the more the comments will disappear.

When I was 16 at a movie theater it was ridiculous how many younger girls got hit on by creeps.

At 18 I worked at a store where many girls on the floor practically flaunted themselves, but experienced far less issues after turning 18.

the thing is no matter how old you are if you are cute and on youtube doing whatever there will always be someone saying something like that. Age doesnt stop it lol.

I started wearing full makeup at age 12 (okay, maybe 13). Who's to say who wears too much makeup? If SHE likes it, and her parents don't mind it, screw everyone else.

Originally Posted by -Chelsey- /img/forum/go_quote.gif I wore way too much make up when I was 16 lol I started wearing it when I was 14.
I don't think she's wearing too much, I wore way more then that at that age lol

Me too and it wasn't even that well done
smile.gif

I think she has her looks down perfect and she looks much older but even if she didn't... her makeup is very tastefully done not over kill so I don't see anything wrong with it at all. Especially since she is so influenced by her mom and her sister I see it as pretty logical and I don't think shes too young. The girls I see around here are 13 give or take and they are wearing more than she is or I ever am... its a little sad but its definitly a personal choice so live and let live like Reese and Electro said
smile.gif

And yes, when you are beautiful and talented there will always be haters no matter your age.

Back