Topcoat getting super thick before I'm halfway through the bottle. . .

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinner at Sally's is only $4.29 unless you have a card, then it is $3.79 for an 8 ounce bottle! I even use this in my Seche Vite top coat and my Nail Tek base coat. Saving one bottle of those is worth way more than 4 bucks. To temporarily thin you can also run running hot water from the tap over the bottle of polish. It can get you through one mani. Never use Polish Remover. The thinner replaces the ingredients in the polish that made it the right thickness, before it evaporated. Always cap your polish tightly. Remover removes, thinner thins.

Quote: Originally Posted by MistySkebo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It worked for me

It can work for a bit; then often the nature of the polish just changes.

Quote: Originally Posted by TracyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I read somewhere to, yes, use thinner for colored polishes. If it's got glitter or any of the items suspended in the polish, you're pretty much out of luck. 
I use Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food to fix my glitters.  It's awesome. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by TracyT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I read somewhere to, yes, use thinner for colored polishes. If it's got glitter or any of the items suspended in the polish, you're pretty much out of luck. 

Thanks Christa! I would think there's a product out there and now I know what it's called. Rock star!

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That stuff is like magic! I love that it seems to help the glitters suspend more as well, rather than settling. I'd love to know what's in it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Last Contrast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  That stuff is like magic! I love that it seems to help the glitters suspend more as well, rather than settling. I'd love to know what's in it.
It's unicorn tears.  They are magical
biggrin.gif

I don't have any advice on thinning out your current top coat, but I can suggest a couple of good quick dry top coats that I like. My favorite is Out the Door and I got it on Amazon. The other is Seche Vite which I believe I found on Ebay. OTD is the one I use the most, and I use SV in a pinch. 

Back