Treadmill - $1000 or less - Sole F63 or Smooth 5.25?? (or other)

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
564
Reaction score
0
I was originally hoping to spend $500 or so but I'm reading online that such treadmills would not be reliable. I pushed my budget up to $1000 max, and these two treadmills appear to be the consistently best reviewed in this price category. Can't decide which to pick!!!

Anyone w/ experience/knowledge on the subject??

thanks!!!!

links, btw

Smooth® 5.25 Folding Treadmill Specs - Best folding treadmill at discount prices

Treadmills and Elliptical machines at soletreadmills.com - Product Details

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
Both look pretty good! The second one is a touch bigger though, which may have more leg room. Both only go up to 10 miles/h; do you run faster than that?

 
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
564
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif Both look pretty good! The second one is a touch bigger though, which may have more leg room. Both only go up to 10 miles/h; do you run faster than that? thanks!
and no, I'm mostly a light jogger hehe
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
I was actually in ****'s sporting goods today and the Sole F63 was one of the treadmills I liked the most. After doing some research online I think I will buy the Sole F80. But the 63 is a solid treadmill too!

If you have a ****'s sporting goods in your city, you can make a credit card with them which has absolutely no interest for the first 12 months. Which means you can buy your treadmill using the credit card and pay like $85 a month for the Sole f63 and finish paying in 12 months, instead of paying the whole US$1000 right up front. Just a suggestion... This is what I will do when I buy the F80.


EDIT: For some reason I get the **** when I spell the name of the store. LOL. I will spell it differently: It is D ick's sporting goods.
LOL

 
Joined
Dec 12, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
1
i like the smooth treadmill. I was actually looking into buying myself a treadmill and that one may be one I'll have to check out.

 
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
20,217
Reaction score
35
Both look nice.. I own a Proform 760 ekg and its been great.. Was in the $600 range.. I have found out that a do not use all the gadgets and programs... I just set the speed and walk or jog... Sometimes I'll kick up the incline but that's it.. One that has an on/off button and a speed dial would work just fine for me.. But they add all this extra junk on that you don't really need and it jacks up the price big time.

 
Joined
Dec 12, 2007
Messages
326
Reaction score
1
that's true. You really need to look at the horespower on the treadmills. I had my cheapo one for about a year before I ended up breaking it. The engine died...lol..must have used it way too much. Keep in mind if you use it 3-5 days a week invest in something that'll last.

 
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
564
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif I was actually in ****'s sporting goods today and the Sole F63 was one of the treadmills I liked the most. After doing some research online I think I will buy the Sole F80. But the 63 is a solid treadmill too!If you have a ****'s sporting goods in your city, you can make a credit card with them which has absolutely no interest for the first 12 months. Which means you can buy your treadmill using the credit card and pay like $85 a month for the Sole f63 and finish paying in 12 months, instead of paying the whole US$1000 right up front. Just a suggestion... This is what I will do when I buy the F80.


EDIT: For some reason I get the **** when I spell the name of the store. LOL. I will spell it differently: It is D ick's sporting goods.
LOL

bwhahaha about the d ick's haha =)
thanks so much for everyone's feedback! =) I was looking into Proform, then read everywhere that if yo're going to be using a treadmill a lot, you should invest a bit more in quality/reliability, warranty, etc. which is why I'm looking at those 2 now. I'm leaning a bit more towards the Sole...we'll see though =)

thanks all!

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by dizzy_lizzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif bwhahaha about the d ick's haha =)
thanks so much for everyone's feedback! =) I was looking into Proform, then read everywhere that if yo're going to be using a treadmill a lot, you should invest a bit more in quality/reliability, warranty, etc. which is why I'm looking at those 2 now. I'm leaning a bit more towards the Sole...we'll see though =)

thanks all!

The sole treadmills are the ones you will find in hilton hotels in their fitness program (you can request a treadmill in your room apparently). So it's gotta be good.... The warranty in the sole treadmills is also hard to beat... It has a lifetikme warranty on the engine for instance. I got to run on the F63 and it felt super steady, just like a gym treadmill. I think it is a super option!

 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
Did you decide? I ended up buying the Sole F80.. It will arrive on tuesday. Will post reviews.


 
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
4,976
Reaction score
0
An update: My Sole F80 arrived today! YAY! Took us a couple of hours to put it together, but it was worth it. It is a super nice treadmill. It is quite steady, just like the ones at the gym. I did a pre-program interval train which was awesome.. I am SO out of shape though! There are several different pre-programmed workouts, but you can also customize your own.

I can also play my iPod through the treadmill's speakers and the sound quality is way better than I expected. The fans are another nice feature, they give me a nice cool breeze during the workout.

The treadmill also came with a heart rate monitor strap, and the heart rate is transmitted to the treadmill.

All in all, I think this was a very nice investiment. Dizzy_lizzy, the F80 is one model above the F63 that you were looking into , but the F63 should be just as good, with just minor differences. I would strongly consider it if you're still looking for a treadmill.


 
Joined
May 13, 2005
Messages
7,760
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif An update: My Sole F80 arrived today! YAY! Took us a couple of hours to put it together, but it was worth it. It is a super nice treadmill. It is quite steady, just like the ones at the gym. I did a pre-program interval train which was awesome.. I am SO out of shape though! There are several different pre-programmed workouts, but you can also customize your own.I can also play my iPod through the treadmill's speakers and the sound quality is way better than I expected. The fans are another nice feature, they give me a nice cool breeze during the workout.

The treadmill also came with a heart rate monitor strap, and the heart rate is transmitted to the treadmill.

All in all, I think this was a very nice investiment. Dizzy_lizzy, the F80 is one model above the F63 that you were looking into , but the F63 should be just as good, with just minor differences. I would strongly consider it if you're still looking for a treadmill.


wow! this machine sounds amazing! put my little treadmill to shame! lol~ i'll keep this one in mind for my next one, though. thanks for the recs!

Originally Posted by Karren_Hutton /img/forum/go_quote.gif Both look nice.. I own a Proform 760 ekg and its been great.. Was in the $600 range.. I have found out that a do not use all the gadgets and programs... I just set the speed and walk or jog... Sometimes I'll kick up the incline but that's it.. this sounds just like mine, karren! but i'm not complaining! it does exactly what i need it to do!
 
Top