Tresmee or Pantene?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pantene is always my stand-by favorite, but I've recently switched to L'Oreal's line of EverPure Sulfate Free Shampoo/Conditioner. They're super moisturizing, and don't leave product buildup. I've tried several from Tresmee but none provide the moisture I need, because my hair is thick and somewhat dry. Pantene is much more moisturizing - but if you want something without damaging & drying sulfates, try the EverPure.

When I started working at the salon I work in now, people told me Pantene puts a wax build up on your hair, and that it is terrible for your hair. They say when you use Pantene it wont penetrate thru color. Anyway, so if you are going to use Pantene I don't see any ingredient that is a wax in it, I think people just make it up. I have had clients who use Pantene and color won't penetrate their hair, and it takes a clarifying treatment or double process to get the color on. However, I do not believe it causes cancer or is filled with wax. I will say this, that professional shampoos and drugstore shampoos are basically the same, the only difference really is the sulfate agent that is used in it, the sulfate agent can be harsh for your hair, and some are more sensitive to others. It also depends on the type of shampoo you want, smoothing, hydrating, color care, dry itchy scalp, etc etc. Sulfate is what can cause the color to fade, and also helps shampoo lather up well. Sometimes sulfate free products dont lather as well, and people love the lather. Sulfate free is a mild version and some people are sensitive and skin and scalp drys easier.

I used to use Tresseme for a long time, and Salon Selectives they smelled great. Pantene was just to heavy for my hair. I use professional products now, but I switch between sometimes I use organix coconut milk conditioner and shampoo which are sulfate free, but the conditioner doesn't do as well as I would like it to.

My old hairdresser has warned me against Pantene only because if you religiously color your hair, the active ingredient in Pantene will form a protective shield around making the color unable to penetrate your follicle. However, I don't color my hair so I'm currently using Pantene's brunette expressions which leave my hair pretty smooth.

Back