Twitter

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still trying to understand it all. lol I wanna say its like a website dedicated to status updates like facebook?!

Yeah kinda like that but better! You hear about diff contests...chit chat with friends through replies...join! its fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Make sure everyone follows makeup talk!!!

I joined!! and i added everyone here!!! feel free to add me as well TinkTink227

we'll see how it goes lol

Ugh...I gave in....I joined...I'm HairEgo.....i have no idea how it works so if you want me, add me ppl...i really have no idea what i m doing!

101 of Twitter and how to make it work for you

4/5/2009 3:03:36 AM

There are a few basic rules that will help you establish yourself on Twitter. Once you have done that you will have a better understanding then to really shape Twitter to suit you or your companies experience.

CREATING YOUR AVATAR

If you are an individual then we recommend you put your picture. Nothing connects better than the face to the name that people are talking to. Social Media is about conversation and it just makes the experience more personal and friendly. Of course you don’t need to put a passport picture in get creative with your picture and have some fun. For a company use your brand but ensure on your landing page you have some kind of people picture. We use @afirmin picture at the moment due to his popularity and the fact he will be an advisor to our company. He only agreed if we helped support the people he followed which is something we really enjoy anyway. Do not keep the standard icon it’s boring and the idea with twitter is you not something that looks the same as every newbie.

FILL IN YOUR BIO

You have a bio for a reason. The bio is there to explain a bit about who you are and what you can offer anyone who will follow you. Some people create funny bios and others are more list in formation. Whatever you do just make sure you have something. Plus if you follow @afirmin he uses it to create a clever poem about you! People tend to follow you if they get some information about you. So be clear and be generous about who you are and what you do.

UPDATES OR TWEETS

We have had many people follow us and when we look at their page they have no updates at all. That really is not an incentive for anyone to follow you is it? Twitter is about conversation, interaction, opinion, thoughts, what you are doing & thinking as well as dialogue. So start writing and they will follow.INTERACT WITH OTHERS

Do not just sit and send tweets without any interaction. That is the same as standing on a street corner and just barking out information in the vain hope that people will hear you. Help others get their information out in the world, comment on their links, Discuss what you think about what they are saying and doing. Twitter is about interaction.

FOLLOW THOSE WHO FOLLOW YOU

There are few things worse than the people who are followed by thousands yet only follow a few. Some people call it Twitter snobbery. We just call it Anti-Social Media. If someone is talking to you and interested in you than the least you can do is acknowledge they exist! Take a look at the video by @perrybelcher it’s a great video that really shows how many people feel.

Mostly enjoy yourself! Whether you are a company or individual if you are enjoying yourself people will relate and warm to you more than if you are preaching. No one likes the people that harp on about how much money they are making and how clever they are. Very few, if any, are actually doing any of what they say and all they do is put people off. Social media is a gift that you have to communicate with people all over the world about anything and everything. Enjoy it!

Source: OpenZine

Latest posts

Back