Two different MU/hair questions..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kind of silly I suppose but for those of you with bangs, do you still wear foundation/concealer on your forehead?

Annnd the tips of my eyelashes always get coated in whatever I'm wearing on my eyes. [neutral/light colored eyeshadows, face powder even foundation] And it looks so ugly, is there anyway to prevent that?

TIA.

I don't have bangs, but I ussually do. Mine are fringy though, the type that can be worn straigt down or swept to the side. I still wear foundation on my forhead because you can still see some of my forhead no matter how I wear my bangs, and I want my whole face to blend together nicely. As for the mascara question I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm guessing your eyelashes are kind of long? Like if you look up the tips of your lashes will touch your eyeshadow? Do you use an eyeshadow primer? Maybe that would help keep the shadow where you put it. And make sure your mascara is completely dry before you look up because if the mascara is wet the powder will be more likley to stick to it. Other than that all I can think of is don't cake your eyeshadow on too heavy, because that will cause it to be more likely to flake off onto your lashes.

HTH

My bangs are mostly swept to the side, but I wear foundation all over my face because the wind is always blowing. I don't wear concealer on my forehead, just underneath my eyes and on (monthly) acne scars (usually between my eyes or on my chin).

I have bangs but still wear makeup on my forehead. Seems silly not too?? As for your lashes a coat of either black or clear mascara should clean off the excess powder.

Thanks guys! I was thinking that maybe I was getting blunt bangs so you couldn't see my forehead and putting foundation on would be pointless. But I got bangs and they're pretty wispy/thin so yah.

yep... do your forhead too, just so it blends. use a primer to keep the eyeshadows in place, after apply a light coat of mascara to remove unwanted powders.

I never have problems with my foundation sticking to my hair unless I'm applying it at that moment and get some in it. But after it's dry it never happens. I have side-swept bangs that like to get in my face. LOL

As for the eyelashes, are you applying an eyeshadow primer? Also, are you doing your mascara before or after your eyeshadow?

Originally Posted by KristieTX /img/forum/go_quote.gif I never have problems with my foundation sticking to my hair unless I'm applying it at that moment and get some in it. But after it's dry it never happens. I have side-swept bangs that like to get in my face. LOL
As for the eyelashes, are you applying an eyeshadow primer? Also, are you doing your mascara before or after your eyeshadow?

Um I use UDPP and I apply mascara after everything, and let it dry. Just through out the day the tips of my dry eyelashes touch my eyelids and they get all yucky. Now that I think about it, maybe it only happens with pigments? Hm..

Originally Posted by MamaRocks /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yes, do the whole face, they might move and look weird! exactly

Latest posts

Back