Two new babies in the house!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by MACGoddess OMG! You have to see the two new baby turtles that we just got today!! They are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!
They are called Eastern Painted turtles and one is the size of a quarter, the other is a little bigger, the size of a silver dollar...sooooo tiny!

The first 4 pics are of one turtle (the smaller one) and the second 4 pics are the larger turtle...

OMG soooo tiny!! How cute
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by MACGoddess lol thanks guys! And Leony I LOVE your new avatar! You always look great in yours! Thank you Leila :icon_love .

Welcome Leony!

And Rosie, they sure will grow bigger!! Depending on if they are a boy or girl (which I can't be sure of until they grow a lot bigger) they could be either 4-6" (boys) or 6-8" (girls).

And as big as that sounds, that is SMALL compared to my other turtle!! Lord help us, but if she is a girl, she could get to be 12"!!!

lol yeah, we didn't find that out until AFTER we got her! And by then she was soo freakin cute there was no way we were going to let her go!

Cute! this brings back memories. I used to have 2 water turtles. My dad wouldn't allow animals in the house because of his asthma, so I ended up with 2 turtles. They lived only 2 years...

My RES is about 2.5"SCL right now S-tet-x, she is a year old and the sweetest thing in the world! Hepefully "she" is really a "he" bc I would love to have a smaller turtle than a 12" momma!

I am going to get a tank from glasscages.com they have GREAT prices and travel around with the reptile expo coming to Tampa twice a year, so I won't have to pay any shipping on it!

For my RES I have her in a 20 gallon tank right now, but I am about to upgrade her to a 55 gal. I follow the 10 gallons of tank for every 1 inch of turtle SCL rule. I have a clamp lamp for her with a Mercury Vapor bulb on it. It gives off heat, UVA, AND UVB and I don't know what i would have done without it! I love this light, so much easier than having 2 lights. Plus it is not that expensive.

For the little babies I have them both in a 10 gallon with about 3" of water for the moment. I only have a table lamp with a basking UVA light on them until the other clamp lamp and Mercury Vapor bulb I ordered come in. I also ordered a basking dock so that I can hike the water up and let the little buggers swim...

Do you know about turtleforum.com and turtletimes.com? They are GREAT forums for turtle owners!

Originally Posted by phoenix461 Leila - I hear u - once u get attached - it really doesn't matter. Enjoy them! Nah it really doesn't Rosie!! lol once you hold one of these little ones, you are pretty much welded to them! You'll never really want to let them go!!:icon_love

Back