UDPP or Bare Canvas?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I use MAC Bare Canvas paint as my eyeshadow primer, and it's been working great, but I feel like I'm missing out on UDPP! Which one allows for more blending? Which one do you prefer?

Reaction score
I've used both, but I still prefer UDPP. If your paint it working fine, then stick with that. If nothing else, wait until you're out then buy UDPP. Or, if you want a slightly cheaper alternative to UDPP (so you can "try before you buy") get Lumene Eyeshadow Base ($9.99 at CVS).

Reaction score
With Lumene at $10, and UDPP at $15...I might just get UDPP. I'm definately going to try it...hopefully after christmas....lol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tuna_fish /img/forum/go_quote.gif With Lumene at $10, and UDPP at $15...I might just get UDPP. I'm definately going to try it...hopefully after christmas....lol True, but some people do like saving the $5. Especially if you have to have it sent if you can't get it locally.

Reaction score
I prefer UDPP. Bare Canvas doesn't go on as smoothly.

Reaction score
Hi,

I use the UDPP as the bare canvas is too light. Here's another inexpensive d/s primer. Try L'Oreal's "De-Crease" for $7.99

Reaction score
I like the UDDP better. But I do use the paints if I want my shadow to pop more.

Reaction score
I have only had a small Travel size of UDPP and I've never had canvas but UDPP gets my vote!!

Reaction score
UDPP is the business!! Every womon should have this in her makeup bag. It's freaking awesome.

Reaction score
Wow, not one soul mentioned MAC's new Paint Pots? I'm surprised! I absolutely adore mine. It's called Bare Study, not Bare Canvas, and is a light gold color. They're technically cream eyeshadows, but hold my other powder shadows better than anything. You also get a heck of a lot more product than in a UDPP tube! And it has the benefit of being used as a super quick eyeshadow if you're in a hurry one day. Bare Study is truly amazing and lasts forever. I've used mine practically every day for months and it's still mostly full!!!

*Edit - I realize the poster asked about Bare Canvas, but Bare Study trumps it so much more, I wanted to share. The Paint Pots are *way* less drying than Paints.