Ulta Level 6

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just got the Ulta reward certificate and got level 6 and it says i could choose any frangrance up to $40. Can I pick something out that is over $40 and they give me $40 off? Anyone know more about this?

ya its really cool that they do that, especially since I dont even remember spending that much there

It all adds up. I'm at level 5 and when our local Ulta opened the first one I got was Level 1 and that was during their last campaign so I was shocked to see a Level 5 one come to me. LOL I guess $10 here and $20 there really adds up fast and Ulta has become my shop to buy even basic things like razors or Organix shampoo and conditioner. I need to go buy cotton balls today and I'll do that at Ulta because I earn those points. lol Dang... no wonder I spend so much there now instead of Sephora.

it would be cool if sephora had the option of either the little samples or points toward a frangrance

Well they do... sort of... but I don't know why Ulta's perks seem better... maybe because there are more options.

I love Ulta's perks. I would much rather get 10, 20, 30, etc bucks off than some tiny little tube of something that basically costs you $100 worth of reward points from Sephora. I think most people would much rather have generous discounts than the teeny little rewards you get now. I mean, if you spend enough to be a VIB and possibly enough for the $500 point perk, you spend a lot at Sephora, so a discount code seems to me like it would be a great way to getting people to spend more and more. I dunno, maybe it's just me.

Congrats on your Ulta discount, that's amazing!

yes i agree... and im someone that literally spends all my money on makeup and would really feel much better about it if sephoras points could get you a gift card of some sort. I am a VIB as well and dont find that their 500 point perks are as good as they used to be and its always for products i either already own or have no interest in trying. and i have to spend 500 to get that perk which is ridiculous if you think about it like that! a lot of other beauty places have been offering better incentives to shop there compared to sephora. the only reason i buy as much makeup as i do at sephora is because they honestly have the best selection in companies. but lets say beauty.com i actually get money back that i could spend there on anything i want (this month i got 15$ back which was a nice little treat)

So question to the ULTA die hards who would probably know....

If you DON'T use your reward certificate does it roll over into the next quarter or is it essentially "lost" if not used?

So question to the ULTA die hards who would probably know.... If you DON'T use your reward certificate does it roll over into the next quarter or is it essentially "lost" if not used?
If you are a Platinum member, your points dont technically expire. Platinum benefits are valid from the moment you qualify thru December 31st of the following year. If your purchases continue at the $350 level annually, your Platinum status will be maintained. So I just hit PlatStat last month, my status is valid until december of next year. You still have to keep spending 350 per year to maintain this. In this time frame, you can rack up all the points you want, and I would imagine they would be lost if you do not maintain your PlatStat after your year is up. Essentially, if you stay Platinum, your points/rewards should NEVER expire as they claim.

Originally Posted by Esther Eddi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just got the Ulta reward certificate and got level 6 and it says i could choose any frangrance up to $40. Can I pick something out that is over $40 and they give me $40 off? Anyone know more about this?
Yes, you can use the coupon and pay the difference above the $40. My local store has been very good about this! And I have to say I'm liking this option more than Sephora's, though I wish the perk would expand a bit and let us choose some makeup. I'm a perfume whore myself so I'm not griping, but I know a lot of people out there aren't exactly into fragrance.

Originally Posted by Esther Eddi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes you can. I had a level 6 reward recently and used it towards a $60 Clinique fragrance set. I just paid the difference in value 
smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you DON'T use your reward certificate does it roll over into the next quarter or is it essentially "lost" if not used?
Only if your are part of the ULTAmate rewards program and are a Platinum member. Those who have The Club at Ulta beauty rewards program have no option to keep their points from expiring

Quote:

Originally Posted by hjc682 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you are a Platinum member, your points dont technically expire. Platinum benefits are valid from the moment you qualify thru December 31st of the following year. If your purchases continue at the $350 level annually, your Platinum status will be maintained. So I just hit PlatStat last month, my status is valid until december of next year. You still have to keep spending 350 per year to maintain this.

In this time frame, you can rack up all the points you want, and I would imagine they would be lost if you do not maintain your PlatStat after your year is up. Essentially, if you stay Platinum, your points/rewards should NEVER expire as they claim.

Something I don't think many people are aware of is that Ulta has TWO reward programs that vary by region. One is ULTAmate Rewards and the other is The Club At Ulta Beauty. 

ULTAmate rewards:

Platinum membership:

Earned after spending $350 or more a year

Platinum member earn 1.25 points for every $1 spent

Points don't expire

Birthday gift

Regular members:

1 point for every $1 spent

Reward certificate for every $50 spent

Double points on all purchases during your birthday month

The Club at Ulta Beauty:

Eventually all stores will be using the ULTAmate rewards system, but a good majority of the eastern US are still The Club At Ulta Beauty. I would check to see which reward program your a part of to know whether you can become a platinum member or not.

And, yeah, I like Ulta better than Sephora because their in-store clearance is better, they have a wider range of products (since not just HE), and their rewards suit my shopping style better 

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes you can. I had a level 6 reward recently and used it towards a $60 Clinique fragrance set. I just paid the difference in value 
smile.gif

Something I don't think many people are aware of is that Ulta has TWO reward programs that vary by region. One is ULTAmate Rewards and the other is The Club At Ulta Beauty. 

ULTAmate rewards:

Platinum membership:

Earned after spending $350 or more a year

Platinum member earn 1.25 points for every $1 spent

Points don't expire

Birthday gift

Regular members:

1 point for every $1 spent

Double points on all purchases during your birthday month

The Club at Ulta Beauty:

Eventually all stores will be using the ULTAmate rewards system, but a good majority of the eastern US are still The Club At Ulta Beauty. I would check to see which reward program your a part of to know whether you can become a platinum member or not.
Our region has switched and I'm platinum, and have already used my $17.50 off and am almost at another one.  It helps getting the friends and family coupons every quarter though.  When I can save 20% on fragrance, and prestige brands I stock up.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you are referring to the actual tier certificate reward that is shown on the first page of the catalog sent, mine has to be used during a specified period in August - I want to say between 8/5 - 8/20, but I can't remember exactly.  I got the tier 4 reward and am considering the Orofluido conditioner. 

We finally have a local Ulta opening soon 10 minutes away from house. It'll be nice to be able to buy Too Faced or Urban Decay so close by instead of having to drive an hour away for the other nearest Ulta or Sephora.  Plus, while I'm not the biggest fan of Ulta, I do love that they have constant coupons for 3.50 off $10. Those are great for when I need to stock up on simple drugstore beauty products (cotton balls, mascara, facial wipes.) I will admit I'm obsessed with their travel size items display, I love those mini items.  Somehow I'm a platinum member til december of next year but I can't remember how I spent that much money in one year there lol.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you are referring to the actual tier certificate reward that is shown on the first page of the catalog sent, mine has to be used during a specified period in August - I want to say between 8/5 - 8/20, but I can't remember exactly.  I got the tier 4 reward and am considering the Orofluido conditioner. 
I was wrong, the tier reward expires 9/15.

Latest posts

Back