Urban Decay increases prices on NAKED palettes (UD1-3 + Basics)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh not a big deal. Thats what a free market does. Of course they'll charge as much as they can, they are a business not a charity. Consumers are free to spend their money on other brands, but until UD sees a dip in sales from the price, why not jack it up? 

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Meh not a big deal. Thats what a free market does. Of course they'll charge as much as they can, they are a business not a charity. Consumers are free to spend their money on other brands, but until UD sees a dip in sales from the price, why not jack it up? 
THIS!

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  All the three NAKED palettes are indispensable to me. i have tons of other eyeshadows in various formulas, but keep coming back to NAKED. even with the price increase, it's still worth it to me, and i'd re-purchase (with a discount, of course)!
Exactly my logic. I can't live without those palettes. I know that many find similar dupes but for me, nothing compares.

Free market indeed - Silk Naturals has mineral makeup dupes of each of the Naked palettes for less and with less filler ingredients. I enjoy those. You can see comparisons on Phyrra.

I have a friend who works for a massive retailer of Urban Decay cosmetics and she actually told me that the price hike would happen about 4 months ago. I also heard that the retailers didn't love the idea and that Urban Decay pushed for the price increase.

So this has definitely changed my perspective of Urban Decay. I don't even think you need their Naked palettes anymore. I have tons of palettes and honestly, I think the Naked palettes are amongst the ones I reach for the least because of the gigantor glitter in some of the shades and as for Naked 3 because the shades come across so similar looking every look I create is only a slight variation of a previous one. So feh.

I'll personally never buy UD palettes now, though I have considered it in the past. They're just too over priced for what they are. If i'm going to put $54 dollars towards a single (or couple) pieces of makeup, I'd rather it be something from Dior, Chanel, or YSL. I'll stick to my mid range brands for every day basics, they've always worked for me.

I think this brand appeals more to people who are just in to labels, anyway. People have raved about their 24/7 eyeliner pencils for so long, when I was just getting back in to makeup and researching a good eyeliner. But once I started using other eyeliners, I realized how bad they really were.

I absolutely adore UD and would easily call myself a UD devotee. I pick up almost everything that the release as soon as I can afford to do so and hate when I miss an LE something because then my collection feels "incomplete". That being said, I owe all three of the Naked palettes and I really do not use them all that much. I have only used Naked 3 2-3 times since I bought it the day it was released on the UD website. There are plenty of neutral palette options on the market and anymore I feel like the neutral thing has been done to DEATH! I am a color girl and I fell in love with UD because they make amazingly pigmented color products. I am hoping that the Electric palette sells well and is the fuel UD needs to get back to doing what they do best: COLOR.

In regards to the Naked palettes, save your money. The Balm, Lorac, Smashbox, IT Cosmetics, and others all do really beautiful neutral palettes and they cost less than the UD palettes. UD, shame on you! Bilking your loyal fan base is really uncalled for.

Back