Urban Decay Naked 3 - FAKE?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are absolutely right. What really ticked me off was after I explained all of these proofs to the seller, they still went like "these doesn't prove it's fake, I think you are malevolent, you are putting me in a hard position" etc. It's okay for them to not know how to tell it's fake as well as us, but for them to deny and say I was victimizing them by tryng to return a FAKE palette I bought for 60$ was just... ugh.

The thing is, I'm from Turkey here and Sephora's here doesn't sell Urban Decay for some reason I can't fathom. There is no authorised seller of UD products in the whole country! 
icon_cry.gif
 So these kinda situations are not rare at all, unfortunately...

Its very easy to get a hold of fakes and to be sold fakes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  That's really unfortunate. Did you get it at a cheaper price? I had been sold fake NYX lipsticks before, god knows why someone would want to duplicate NYX...Take a look at those links that I posted below.

Fake Urban Decay

Another Fake

Quote: Originally Posted by Luxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Its very easy to get a hold of fakes and to be sold fakes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  That's really unfortunate. Did you get it at a cheaper price? I had been sold fake NYX lipsticks before, god knows why someone would want to duplicate NYX...Take a look at those links that I posted below.

Fake Urban Decay

Another Fake
Nope, I got it for 60$! 
frown.gif
 Lol indeed, why would anyone bother to duplcate NYX lipsticks is beyond me 
biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Don't back down on this. The person knows it's a fake which is why that person is trying to turn it on you with the "I think you are malevolent". If the person didn't they'd be apologizing left and right and offering to make it right. Since you had to pay with a credit card or Paypal account or some electronic transfer you can go right to your card holder and request a refund through a charge back due to the fact the item is counterfeit.

You are absolutely right. And yes, I bought it from the Turkish extension of ebay (directly related to ebay I mean) and I reported it as fake and demanded refund. I sent the product back today and the seller says "if there is so much as a fingerprint on the product they will be sending it back to me immediately". Which there isn't, I didn't touch it. But the way they are trying to make me look like a bad guy when I'm the one that paid $60 for a fake palette is annoying. I told them they could also demand refund from beautybay and if they had any problem with how they should go about it, I would be happy to help with that too (since my English is good and theirs might not be and they might have a problem with e-mailing them and explaining the situation to them). This is really ridiculous though, they are saying "I had it brought just because you wanted the palette and now you decide you don't want it" -- then why did you list the item on sale? It's not like I made you do it? Plus it's not that I don't want the item anymore, I don't want a FAKE item. So they want me to shut up and accept it as it is? Duh.

that is really annoying. i'm assuming you filed a case on eBay? you can file an 'Item not as described' case, since they misrepresented the product as being authentic. try googling on the steps you have to take to make sure you get a refund via eBay/PayPal. if you win a case, eBay will pay you, and then they will bill the seller to reimburse them. google is your best friend -- see what other people have done before. eBay will usually side the buyer (and they definitely should in your case!).

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  that is really annoying. i'm assuming you filed a case on eBay? you can file an 'Item not as described' case, since they misrepresented the product as being authentic. try googling on the steps you have to take to make sure you get a refund via eBay/PayPal. if you win a case, eBay will pay you, and then they will bill the seller to reimburse them. google is your best friend -- see what other people have done before. eBay will usually side the buyer (and they definitely should in your case!).

Yes I filed a case as "product is fake/replica" (which is forbidden to sell) and started refunding process. When they get the product they had sent me back, they will let the site know and I will be refunded. I just hope they won't make up silly excuses and send it back to me again. Ugh.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gulsah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes I filed a case as "product is fake/replica" (which is forbidden to sell) and started refunding process. When they get the product they had sent me back, they will let the site know and I will be refunded. I just hope they won't make up silly excuses and send it back to me again. Ugh.
make sure you ship with tracking! that's the best proof that it was delivered.

Quote: Originally Posted by saku /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  make sure you ship with tracking! that's the best proof that it was delivered.
Yes I do have a tracking number. They wanted it shipped directly to the cargo company's office so that "they will be opening it with a person that works there present as a proof of it being used if there are any marks on it, in which case they will be sending it back to me". For gods sake... 

Quote: Originally Posted by fleurissante /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, Beautybay.com is a legit site (n/a). It is a UK based site and I've ordered a lot of things from them - all were authentic. The seller is probably lying that he got it there.

@ Gulsah. Other UK-based sites which have Urban Decay and international shipping are hqhair.com, lookfantastic.com, feelunique.com. The palette there retails around GBP37. I'm not affiliated with any of these sites, but I've shopped there and never had any problem. I think it would probably safer to order directly from one of these sites than to risk by going through a reseller.

Thank you so much for the information, much appreciated. I should check them out for sure. The thing is I'm not sure if I will dare buy Naked palettes online after this :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And there's also the fact that it is not allowed to buy cosmetics from abroad, they stop them at the customs (but obviously many of them pass too - I guess the guys at the customs were just fed up and started loosening up a bit heh)

Thank you so much for the information, much appreciated. I should check them out for sure. The thing is I'm not sure if I will dare buy Naked palettes online after this :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And there's also the fact that it is not allowed to buy cosmetics from abroad, they stop them at the customs (but obviously many of them pass too - I guess the guys at the customs were just fed up and started loosening up a bit heh)

No problem :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm sorry this has happened to you.

I'm from Europe, too. This is US site, so the girls/guys here maybe aren't well familiar with European on-line stores.

I had no idea that you can't import cosmetics to Turkey? I can understand that you might pay some customs fees, but banning the import?.

No problem :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm sorry this has happened to you.

I'm from Europe, too. This is US site, so the girls/guys here maybe aren't well familiar with European on-line stores.

I had no idea that you can't import cosmetics to Turkey? I can understand that you might pay some customs fees, but banning the import?.

Oh you pay custom fees too alright - if you pass 150 euros you gotta pay taxes for things you bought. But "coloured cosmetics" like eyeshadow, lipstick, foundation etc are all banned. They stop them at the customs and send them back to the sender's address :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh you pay custom fees too alright - if you pass 150 euros you gotta pay taxes for things you bought. But "coloured cosmetics" like eyeshadow, lipstick, foundation etc are all banned. They stop them at the customs and send them back to the sender's address :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OMG, that's horrible. If this is the case, then I don't think it is worth the risk. Maybe only if you have a friends/family who live in EU who can order it for you and then bring it to you. This way you wouldn't have to pay customs fees and taxes.

@zadidoll. no problem :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Funny thing is that the first time I saw the logo of the beautybar I thought they are ripping of beautybay, lol.

OMG, that's horrible. If this is the case, then I don't think it is worth the risk. Maybe only if you have a friends/family who live in EU who can order it for you and then bring it to you. This way you wouldn't have to pay customs fees and taxes.

Yeah in a way it's not worth the risk :/  But it's just so annoying. No authorized sellers here and I can't import it either. What's a girl to do :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@Gulsah you are not alone, I just received a similar palette from a person who apparently too brought from beauty bay! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
you know there is a problem with a warped mirror, a tacky brush, loose pans and when the shade "darkside" has been spelt "darksioe"
but no apparently  don't get a refund until beautybay refunds them!
ARGH

Last edited by a moderator:
Back