urban decay primer potion dupe

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never used eyeshadow primer until a few months ago. I received a sample of the UD and noticed a slight difference in staying power. So when it was almost out I tried the elf one. It as just as good, if fact I did one on each eye and at the end of the day couldn't tell which was which. 

But I really like using Mac paint pot in Painterly, it makes the colors pop and they stay all day. It's huge and last forever!

I never used eyeshadow primer until a few months ago. I received a sample of the UD and noticed a slight difference in staying power. So when it was almost out I tried the elf one. It as just as good, if fact I did one on each eye and at the end of the day couldn't tell which was which.  But I really like using Mac paint pot in Painterly, it makes the colors pop and they stay all day. It's huge and last forever!
Oh yes. Painterly paint pot rocks.

A very cheap dupe for UDPP that I like is by a brand called Jesse's Girl eye primer. Very inexpensive, under $5 I think at RiteAid and even cheaper if you have a coupon or catch a sale. The key to using it is making sure you let it dry before you apply shadow.

I feel the eyeshadow primer by Milani is a darn near dupe, at least for me. It has a very similar consistency. I think it's under $8 at CVS and I wait until it's on sale.

I personally don't mind paying $18 for the UDPP because to me it last a really long time, I've had the one I'm currently using for like over a year or so and it still has product left. So $18 for more than a year is fine with me. I have however tried the Loreal DeCrease and it is definitely not a dupe for UDPP, it didn't really work at all, so steer clear of that one!

edit: no blog links, per ToS -kawaiimeows

I find that the ELF mineral primer is much closer then the $1 one in comparison to the UDPP.. and it's only $3 !! =)

I have oily eyelids and can only use UD Original Primer Potion when mixed with a light liquid concealer and set with a lot of sheer powder before applying my eyeshadow. That said, I find the results with that method to be EXACTLY the same with NYX HD primer. I can sleep in it and wake up with it looking perfect - no crease, no fading. I do think the best lid primer I've used is Bare Minerals, though (and I typically dislike many of their products, so that's saying something).

Edited to add: The worst primer I've ever tried is Benefit Stay Don't Stray. Overpriced and entirely ineffective.

I love the Milani eyeshadow primer. It's as good, in my opinion, as UD Primer Potion. I've used the elf one & wasn't impressed. My shadow creased after about 5 hrs. I'd use it in a pinch though.

I was surprised that so many people had compared the elf primer to the urban decay... in my opinion the elf one was cheap and didn't keep any shadow on. I absolutely loved the Fergie Wet n Wild primer though. 

l'oreal magic decrease eyeshadow base.  waaaay cheaper than udpp and does pretty well. i looked it up on ulta and the packaging is different from when i used it, mines was kinda hourglass shaped.

decreaseshadowbase.jpg

now it looks like:

ghk-favorite-new-beauty-products-2013-LOreal-Paris-Magic-De-Crease-Eyelid-Primer-lgn-53878845.jpg

i can speak for the one i had, dont know if they changed the formulation or anything, but it worked great for me. i have udpp, and im not gonna lie i do prefer it, but decrease is great because it gets the job done and it's so cheap, under $10!! just dont get this if you're expecting udpp lasting power (anything more than 7-8 hrs) cause this one won't do.

hth

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm a huge fan of the ELF primer, it lasts even during summer classes at the Taekwondo school I teach at. If I know I'll be super sweating I seal it with the ELF Lock and Seal kit, which I swear by. I feel like I could go swimming with that combo.

I find that the Wet N Wild Fergie take on the day primer is the best. It works better than my UD and is the same tint. I don't like elf's primer.

Sadly, I have to stock up on the WnW yearly as the product isn't offered here!

You can always try the Elf Eye Primer since it is only $1. If that does not work for you, there is another dupe called the Palladio Herbal Eyeshadow Primer, which you can either find online or at an Ulta.

Back